COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    does VAR know the offside rule??

    rjrules71
    rjrules71

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4481
    Registration date : 2009-05-15
    Points : 5553
    Age : 62
    Location : donington sur le mire

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by rjrules71 on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 10:40 pm

    I thought our second was more offside than the first .....???
    Ram78
    Ram78

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1989
    First ever game : vs Arsenal at BBG
    Number of posts : 2534
    Registration date : 2011-01-17
    Points : 2720
    Age : 40
    Location : Ilkeston

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty Re: does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by Ram78 on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 10:45 pm

    VAR is like most refs, don’t know what there doing
    Stockport Ram
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5948
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 6559
    Age : 53
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty Re: does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by Stockport Ram on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 11:00 pm

    Conclusive proof that because HUMANS use VAR, it is less reliable than the onfield Ref.


    Bin it, apart from "over the line" goals, a la 1966.
    Stockport Ram
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5948
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 6559
    Age : 53
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty Re: does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by Stockport Ram on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 11:02 pm

    ...but not retrospectively, obvloiusly..........
    Loughborough Ram
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11772
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 14284
    Location : Doghouse

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty Re: does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 11:19 pm

    I stand by my belief that if you want a good thing ruining ask a ref to implement it.
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5175
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6997
    Age : 71
    Location : Username gives it away!

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty Re: does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by SawleyRam on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 11:48 pm

    Our goal was given because a Southampton defender's leg was putting our players onside. In any replays you may see look for the red & white sock & white boot putting our players onside, marginal I know but offside is offside, as our disallowed goal showed. V.A.R does not have to know the rules, it just gives others time to study it so some immediate knee jerk wrong decisions can be avoided.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15264
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 17129
    Age : 65
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty Re: does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by MadAmster on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 8:32 am

    SawleyRam wrote:Our goal was given because a Southampton defender's leg was putting our players onside. In any replays you may see look for the red & white sock & white boot putting our players onside, marginal I know but offside is offside, as our disallowed goal showed. V.A.R does not have to know the rules, it just gives others time to study it so some immediate knee jerk wrong decisions can be avoided.

    Your description of the Wilson goal is spot on and it wasn't offside for the reason you give.

    The Bryson goal WAS offside as Waghorn was half a gnat's knacker offside so, within the Laws of the game it was offside and shouldn't count, which it didn't.

    However, the rules and regs for the use of VAR state "CLEAR AND OBVIOUS". I would respectfully suggest that possible offsides that take between a minute and a half and two minutes to judge are neither clear nor obvious. VAR should not have been used for either goal according to the VAR rules and regs.
    rob
    rob

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2410
    Registration date : 2011-06-07
    Points : 2540
    Age : 50
    Location : Barleythorpe

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty Re: does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by rob on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 10:18 am

    Scrap it apart from over the line decisions - and use something like the Wimbledon tennis system - quick and conclusive - it adds nothing just gives the authorities another thing that can have an official sponsor (specsavers would be the obvious choice)
    Loughborough Ram
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11772
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 14284
    Location : Doghouse

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty Re: does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 3:02 pm

    Can anybody say conclusively that Nathan Redmond wasn't off side for their second goal becausethe view that they showed as 'proof was from somewhere in the corner of the ground. If that is the best they can come up with then it isn't a workable system
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23509
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 28156
    Age : 59
    Location : Boston USA

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty Re: does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by New England Ram on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 3:18 pm

    I hate VAR and always will..it will become like the NFL with every goal being reviewed.
    When Southampton fans started shouting for VAR last night when they were appealing for a penalty was the beginning of our game being Americanised ..awful..this VAR timeout commercial comes to you courtesy of Als Kebab Shop.

    Regarding offside..they have fu**ed around with it so much.
    For me there should have to be daylight between the defender and the forward.



    does VAR know the offside rule?? Nersig10
    rjrules71
    rjrules71

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4481
    Registration date : 2009-05-15
    Points : 5553
    Age : 62
    Location : donington sur le mire

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty Re: does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by rjrules71 on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 8:04 pm

    Best larf of last night was when Redmond missed the penno

    The DCFC fans started singing for a VAR, like the Southampton fans had been doing all the game ,superb pi$$ take.

    LOL roll LOL roll well played the fans
    DavesaRam
    DavesaRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 1054
    Registration date : 2011-10-15
    Points : 1192
    Age : 62
    Location : Allestree

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty Re: does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by DavesaRam on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 8:23 pm

    If you look at close up video "stills" of the genuinely disallowed, it does look like Waghorn is a sliver (not "slither") of a a gnat's cod goalside, until you look at the defender's arm hanging down towards Waggy's boot, just about making him onside again.

    VAR was supposed to be for "clearly disputable incidents", i.e. there is a clear and obvious claim against the goal. Bryson's goal was so, so marginal that no way on God's earth could you say that it was disputable.

    The goal should have stood, there should have been no extra time and no penalties, giving us an even more convincing win.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15264
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 17129
    Age : 65
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty Re: does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by MadAmster on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 8:29 pm

    DavesaRam wrote:If you look at close up video "stills" of the genuinely disallowed, it does look like Waghorn is a sliver (not "slither") of a a gnat's cod goalside, until you look at the defender's arm hanging down towards Waggy's boot, just about making him onside again.

    VAR was supposed to be for "clearly disputable incidents", i.e. there is a clear and obvious claim against the goal. Bryson's goal was so, so marginal that no way on God's earth could you say that it was disputable.

    The goal should have stood, there should have been no extra time and no penalties, giving us an even more convincing win.

    The defender's arm does not play an attacker onside nor does an attacker's arm make him offside as you are not allowed to play the ball with your arm. Only parts of the body that you may play the ball with count in offside decisions.
    DavesaRam
    DavesaRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 1054
    Registration date : 2011-10-15
    Points : 1192
    Age : 62
    Location : Allestree

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty Re: does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by DavesaRam on Fri 18 Jan 2019, 10:27 pm

    MadAmster wrote:
    DavesaRam wrote:If you look at close up video "stills" of the genuinely disallowed, it does look like Waghorn is a sliver (not "slither") of a a gnat's cod goalside, until you look at the defender's arm hanging down towards Waggy's boot, just about making him onside again.

    VAR was supposed to be for "clearly disputable incidents", i.e. there is a clear and obvious claim against the goal. Bryson's goal was so, so marginal that no way on God's earth could you say that it was disputable.

    The goal should have stood, there should have been no extra time and no penalties, giving us an even more convincing win.

    The defender's arm does not play an attacker onside nor does an attacker's arm make him offside as you are not allowed to play the ball with your arm. Only parts of the body that you may play the ball with count in offside decisions.

    Ta Duck! Thumbs up
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15264
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 17129
    Age : 65
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty Re: does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by MadAmster on Fri 18 Jan 2019, 10:58 pm

    Tha's welcome me owd.

    Sponsored content

    does VAR know the offside rule?? Empty Re: does VAR know the offside rule??

    Post by Sponsored content

      Similar topics

      -

      Current date/time is Sat 20 Apr 2019, 9:50 am