spyglass Search Come On You Rams

Millwall in trouble. Again.

bramhallram
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 4135
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Millwall in trouble. Again. Empty Millwall in trouble. Again.

Post by bramhallram on Mon 28 Jan 2019, 5:04 pm

After the latest predictable trouble at the weekend Millwall CEO Steve Kavanagh was quick to try to shift the blame reassure visiting fans about their safety at future games.

"If you think you can come to Millwall and chant racism, no you can't. This is a safe place to come," he said.

"We're being damaged by 30-40 people. We haven't won this. No one has won. But this isn't just a Millwall problem."

The thing is it's always been a Millwall problem, and it's been going on for at least thirty years to my certain knowledge. Ask ex-Rams Paul Williams and Gary Charles about their first hand experience of playing in front of the crowd at Millwall.

If Mr Kavanagh is serious about fixing the problem of racist chanting at Millwall he could do it in an instant. Everyone in that part of the ground will know who the troublemakers are, or at least where they sit, so put a couple of policemen in that part of the crowd and tell them to watch, listen and then take appropriate action.

It won't happen, of course, because none of the cheeky cockney rascals wants to be a grass. It could have nasty repercussions.

Mitten State Ram
    Mitten State Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : Rams 0 - 2 Norwich, 21/04/1990 BBG
    Number of posts : 1028
    Registration date : 2014-05-23
    Location : western North Carolina (not the Mitten State, but I can't be arsed to come up with a new moniker)

Millwall in trouble. Again. Empty Re: Millwall in trouble. Again.

Post by Mitten State Ram on Mon 28 Jan 2019, 11:46 pm

Just another reason to cheer for the Crazy Gang 2.0 in round 5. If I couldn't cheer for Derby, AFC Wimbledon are the only other club I'd even think of supporting. Come on, Dons.

Current date/time is Mon 23 Sep 2019, 10:55 am