Villa exec..is the clock ticking on Mel

New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23509
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Villa exec..is the clock ticking on Mel Empty Villa exec..is the clock ticking on Mel

Post by New England Ram on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 3:31 pm

Villa exec..is the clock ticking on Mel Nersig10
    Jackal
    Jackal

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2014-09-08

Villa exec..is the clock ticking on Mel Empty Re: Villa exec..is the clock ticking on Mel

Post by Jackal on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 4:15 pm

Not that surprising in that Mel is looking for outside investment or a buyer. Not sure about this guy from Villa's credentials judging by his time at them though. They were up the creek without a paddle a few months ago.
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Villa exec..is the clock ticking on Mel Empty Re: Villa exec..is the clock ticking on Mel

Post by New England Ram on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 4:34 pm

If there are buyers I would still expect them to be from the Far East as the club were seriously promoting DCFC in China two seasons ago when they launched Rams TV.
    Question is if Mel does sell would it be completely or partially .
    I feel we probably need the boost of some big investment and excitement .
    But then again as the scum have shown down the road..you can end up with clowns at the helm.
    Interesting few months coming up I think.

Jackal
    Jackal

Post by Jackal on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 5:30 pm

New England Ram wrote:If there are buyers I would still expect them to be from the Far East as the club were seriously promoting DCFC in China two seasons ago when they launched Rams TV.
    Question is if Mel does sell would it be completely or partially .
    I feel we probably need the boost of some big investment and excitement .
    But then again as the scum have shown down the road..you can end up with clowns at the helm.
    Interesting few months coming up I think.
    I've seen a few people write that Mel had made an agreement with his family that he'd sink £100 million of his estimated £500 million fortune into Derby. Without looking through the accounts I'd guess that figure has now been reached, so it would be no surprise to me if Mel is looking to sell outright, however it all depends on what offers come in for what percentage stake in the club. I hope if the club is sold, that they do some sort of due diligence on any new owners to avoid ending up with some dodgy fridge salesman or a Mike Ashley type.
    RRC
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16515
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 5:54 pm

Wouldn't blame Mel at all.

The only way we'll get promoted - and stay up - is a huge cash injection. Pray

Villa exec..is the clock ticking on Mel Snoopy12
    bramhallram
    bramhallram

First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 4052
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 7:39 am

RRC wrote:Wouldn't blame Mel at all.

Dead right, but how much is huge ? £100m hasn't got us a definite play off place.

MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15264
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 11:24 am

I am hearing talk that he is looking to sell the club but retain ownersjhp of the ground. I don't know if that includes Moor Farm.
    CornwallRam
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6498

Post by CornwallRam on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 11:47 am

FFP prevents that unfortunately. The most an owner can put in is £13m per year for running the club. Youth development and infrastructure are separate, so owners can spend big on those things, but they don't get you promoted quickly.

I do wonder if the best plan is to just ignore FFP and throw £200m at it. We'd get two good seasons to get up and then two seasons of fire sales to sort it out if we didn't go up.

Or better still, replace FFP with a no external debt beyond a sensible overdraft rule.
    DavesaRam
    DavesaRam

First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 1054
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by DavesaRam on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 6:04 pm

On a point of irrelevance, that Aston Villa sight is really frustrating to look at because of all the pop-ups. It is worse than going on the Derby Evening Telegraph site, and I refuse to go on that because of the interminable adverts getting in the way all the time.
    bramhallram
    bramhallram

First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 4052
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 2:53 pm

CornwallRam wrote:

FFP prevents that unfortunately. The most an owner can put in is £13m per year for running the club. Youth development and infrastructure are separate, so owners can spend big on those things, but they don't get you promoted quickly.

I do wonder if the best plan is to just ignore FFP and throw £200m at it. We'd get two good seasons to get up and then two seasons of fire sales to sort it out if we didn't go up.

Or better still, replace FFP with a no external debt beyond a sensible overdraft rule.

Far too sensible. Maybe we should ask Man City how they manage to spend an obscene amount of money on building their squad of players and yet not fall foul of FPP rules. One law for the rich perhaps ?

£13m per year certainly wouldn't buy a big name player.

Jackal
    Jackal

Post by Jackal on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 4:53 pm

bramhallram wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:

Far too sensible. Maybe we should ask Man City how they manage to spend an obscene amount of money on building their squad of players and yet not fall foul of FPP rules. One law for the rich perhaps ?

Wasn't there allegations of an over-inflated shirt sponsorship deal from their owner's company?
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Tue 19 Mar 2019, 8:47 pm

Rumours he’s looking to sell for a quid and then looking to get some of his money back from payments.

rob
    rob

First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2410
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Wed 20 Mar 2019, 9:33 am

He must be desperate to sell we could end up with anybody
    CornwallRam
    CornwallRam

Post by CornwallRam on Wed 20 Mar 2019, 9:55 am

bramhallram wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:

Different rules for the Premier League and income is far greater. It's also a EUFA thing and has no effect domestically, only stops them entering Champions/EUFA leagues is fall foul.
    CornwallRam
    CornwallRam

Post by CornwallRam on Wed 20 Mar 2019, 9:58 am

New England Ram wrote:Rumours he’s looking to sell for a quid and then looking to get some of his money back from payments.

Looking to sell for a £1, but recoup the £140m he's loaned the club and retain ownership of the ground.

Is it just me?
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Wed 20 Mar 2019, 10:21 am

CornwallRam wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:Rumours he’s looking to sell for a quid and then looking to get some of his money back from payments.

Looking to sell for a £1, but recoup the £140m he's loaned the club and retain ownership of the ground.

Is it just me?

Just you buying them or me not presenting the whole story ?

SawleyRam
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5175
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Wed 20 Mar 2019, 10:59 am

Deals like this one are too complicated to give a simple explanation, rest assured on one thing though, whatever deal it turns out to be Mel won't be losing out in  any form whatsoever, he's too switched on to do that. Let's hope it turns out that way for DCFC.
    CornwallRam
    CornwallRam

Post by CornwallRam on Wed 20 Mar 2019, 2:07 pm

New England Ram wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:

Is it just me?

Just you buying them or me not presenting the whole story ?

It's from bits I've read about elsewhere.

I don't know what Mel paid for the club, but it's hard to see that he's added much value for all the money he's spent. We've got concourse heaters, annoying floodlights and a more expensive training ground, but a worse squad than when he got here.

I'd say that he could legitimately ask for his buying price plus £20m for inflation and his off field improvements. I reckon that way he'd lose about £80m. That sounds harsh, but it's his decisions which have ultimately wasted that cash.

I do like Mel, and I think he's tried to act in the very best interests of DCFC, but if he wants out, he now needs to swallow the cost of his well intentioned mistakes.
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Wed 20 Mar 2019, 2:37 pm

I think he’s probably accepted he’s going to take a big hit.
    Just not prepared to empty his pockets anymore.
    Ironically I think it’s the facilities alone that make us attractive to potential buyers.
    The physical setup is first class.

New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Sat 23 Mar 2019, 12:55 am

All kinds of rumours coming out now of players being cheesed off because Mel supposedly cancelled a club paid trip to Dubai over the international break.
    Here we go back in the spotlight for things off the pitch...It’s and always has been The True Derby Way

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 20 Apr 2019, 9:48 am