Search Come On You Rams

spyglass Search Come On You Rams

Just wanted to say......

MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15678
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Just wanted to say...... Empty Just wanted to say......

Post by MadAmster on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 7:53 am

..... what a really enjoyable game Citeh v Spurs was last night.
    valakari
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 2312
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Just wanted to say...... Empty Re: Just wanted to say......

Post by valakari on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 8:19 am

Son suspended v Ajax, no Kane, id rather City went through. City v Liverpool final i was hoping for!
    outsider
    outsider

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1640
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Post by outsider on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 8:21 am

what a final few minutes, l. a man city fan goes to the ecstasy to utter disbelief v a Spurs fan the pain of coinciding in last minute to ecstasy of the goal being disallowed......... that is why we love football
    outsider
    outsider

Post by outsider on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 8:23 am

valakari wrote:Son suspended v Ajax, no Kane, id rather City went through. City v Liverpool final i was hoping for!

not me i hoped city be knocked ou, so they will concentrate on the premier league and stop Liverpool winning it Fingers crossed
    mcsilks
    mcsilks

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 484
    Registration date : 2016-08-14

Post by mcsilks on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 9:14 am

One has to feel a little for Pep's City. They were the better side over the two legs, but lady luck was certainly not on their side. Still, a wonderful game of football.

What a shame that Son, Spur's most dangerous player will miss their first leg against Ajax.

I think it's Liverpool's year. Barcelona look really brittle at the back and at odds of 5/2; I think Liverpool are well worth a punt.

MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 10:29 am

With my ref's hat on....... THAT goal. Was it or wasn't it?

From what I have seen of it, it looks like the ball hit his elbow, deflected onto his thigh and then into the net. I immediatelt said goal. Then came the VAR and I said goal. The important bit here is that the ball hit the elbow as opposed to the other way round. There was zero intention to "handle" the ball. Hence no hand ball decision disallowing the goal. The ref and the VAR got the decision right.

Move the same situation forward to next season and the mere fact that a goal was scored using a body part situated between fingers and shoulder, intentionally or not, would see the goal ruled out.
    outsider
    outsider

Post by outsider on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 10:51 am

mcsilks wrote:One has to feel a little for Pep's City. They were the better side over the two legs, but lady luck was certainly not on their side. Still, a wonderful game of football.

What a shame that Son, Spur's most dangerous player will miss their first leg against Ajax.

I think it's Liverpool's year. Barcelona look really brittle at the back and at odds of 5/2; I think Liverpool are well worth a punt.

Anger Anger Anger

via GIPHY

whestonram
    whestonram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by whestonram on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 11:11 am

MadAmster wrote:With my ref's hat on....... THAT goal. Was it or wasn't it?

From what I have seen of it, it looks like the ball hit his elbow, deflected onto his thigh and then into the net. I immediatelt said goal. Then came the VAR and I said goal. The important bit here is that the ball hit the elbow as opposed to the other way round. There was zero intention to "handle" the ball. Hence no hand ball decision disallowing the goal. The ref and the VAR got the decision right.

Move the same situation forward to next season and the mere fact that a goal was scored using a body part situated between fingers and shoulder, intentionally or not, would see the goal ruled out.

Isn't it also important that even after seeing the replay 20 times, in slow motion and close up, it wasn't certain whether the ball hit his arm before hitting his thigh? So in effect the goal would have been disallowed because the ball MIGHT have hit his arm, which doesn't seem right? What's the burden of proof - beyond reasonable doubt, or balance of probability?
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 8:52 am

whestonram wrote:

Isn't it also important that even after seeing the replay 20 times, in slow motion and close up, it wasn't certain whether the ball hit his arm before hitting his thigh? So in effect the goal would have been disallowed because the ball MIGHT have hit his arm, which doesn't seem right? What's the burden of proof - beyond reasonable doubt, or balance of probability?

The ref has to be 100% certain that an offence has been committed. As I said in my previous post on this, there was contact with the elbow but it was unintentional and therefore not an offence, The goal stands. Next season it wouldn't.

I hope that clears things up.
    Stockport Ram
    Stockport Ram

First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 6110
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 9:16 am

MadAmster wrote:
    whestonram wrote:

The ref has to be 100% certain that an offence has been committed. As I said in my previous post on this, there was contact with the elbow but it was unintentional and therefore not an offence, The goal stands. Next season it wouldn't.

I hope that clears things up.

Its ridiculous that the interpretation is changing to the extent that this goal wouldn't be legal next season.

Clearly VAR gets us much closer to 100% than no VAR, but regardless anyone's view of its impact on the game, the worst thing is that meddling little officials at either FIFA or UEFA (probably FIFA to be honest) deem it necessary to bugger about with "interpretations" from year to year, and in the case of this season, within seasons.

The Laws have stood the test of time rather well for over a century and a half. Leave the bloody things alone and let them do their job !
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 1:37 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:

Clearly VAR gets us much closer to 100% than no VAR, but regardless anyone's view of its impact on the game, the worst thing is that meddling little officials at either FIFA or UEFA (probably FIFA to be honest) deem it necessary to bugger about with "interpretations" from year to year, and in the case of this season, within seasons.  

The Laws have stood the test of time rather well for over a century and a half.  Leave the bloody things alone and let them do their job !

Luddite Wink

In this case the VAR, eventually, came to the same conclusion as I did only I had it at first viewing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 25 Aug 2019, 3:17 pm