COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

A friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

EFL Championship table

Fun Trivia Daily Quiz

Search Come On You Rams

spyglass Search Come On You Rams

    You never realise how much you cared......

    MadAmster
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15730
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 17722
    Age : 65
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    You never realise how much you cared...... Empty You never realise how much you cared......

    Post by MadAmster on Tue 23 Jul 2019, 12:06 pm

    .... until it's too late.

    Lost my faithful dog Amy last Sunday just 7 weeks shy of her 14th birthday. During the day it has been just me and her for the past 5 and a half years since I took early retirement. All I could see yesterday were places where she wasn't, in and around the house. Bloody depressing I can tell you. Today I decided to go for a wander and ended up in a park she hadn't been in for about 2 years since she decided that 45 minute walks were no longer appropriate for a lady of her age. I swear I saw her running  through the gate and up onto the mound to stand there proudly pronouncing that she was the Queen of the Castle........ 

    RIP sweet Amy. The best beer guard anybody ever had.

    You never realise how much you cared...... Beer_g10
    Stockport Ram
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 6133
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 6755
    Age : 54
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    You never realise how much you cared...... Empty Re: You never realise how much you cared......

    Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 23 Jul 2019, 12:09 pm

    So sorry for your loss Ammy.
    mcsilks
    mcsilks

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 489
    Registration date : 2016-08-14
    Points : 543
    Location : Japan

    You never realise how much you cared...... Empty Re: You never realise how much you cared......

    Post by mcsilks on Tue 23 Jul 2019, 12:45 pm

    Sorry to hear that Mad. She must have been nearly a ton up in doggy years.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15730
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 17722
    Age : 65
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    You never realise how much you cared...... Empty Re: You never realise how much you cared......

    Post by MadAmster on Tue 23 Jul 2019, 2:40 pm

    mcsilks wrote:Sorry to hear that Mad. She must have been nearly a ton up in doggy years.

    Medium sized dog so it's a ratio of 6:1, or so they say, so early 80s.
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23724
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 28380
    Age : 59
    Location : Boston USA

    You never realise how much you cared...... Empty Re: You never realise how much you cared......

    Post by New England Ram on Tue 23 Jul 2019, 3:55 pm

    MadAmster wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:Sorry to hear that Mad. She must have been nearly a ton up in doggy years.

    Medium sized dog so it's a ratio of 6:1, or so they say, so early 80s.

    Hate dogs Ammy I hate them because they don’t live a lifetime.
    They come into your life listen to all your crap and cast no judgement they just listen or pretend to.
    We lost ours last year she was only five and never again I said.
    And yet again we currently have a crazy one year old dog rampaging throughout the house.
    So sorry Ammy it’s an awful thing to say goodbye to a loyal friend.



    You never realise how much you cared...... Nersig10
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5363
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 7257
    Age : 71
    Location : Username gives it away!

    You never realise how much you cared...... Empty Re: You never realise how much you cared......

    Post by SawleyRam on Tue 23 Jul 2019, 10:37 pm

    MadAmster wrote:.... until it's too late.

    Lost my faithful dog Amy last Sunday just 7 weeks shy of her 14th birthday. During the day it has been just me and her for the past 5 and a half years since I took early retirement. All I could see yesterday were places where she wasn't, in and around the house. Bloody depressing I can tell you. Today I decided to go for a wander and ended up in a park she hadn't been in for about 2 years since she decided that 45 minute walks were no longer appropriate for a lady of her age. I swear I saw her running  through the gate and up onto the mound to stand there proudly pronouncing that she was the Queen of the Castle........ 

    RIP sweet Amy. The best beer guard anybody ever had.

    You never realise how much you cared...... Beer_g10

    It hurts ammy, deeply so. losing your most faithful friend. May she always be the Queen of your castle in your memories.



    It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing.
    rjrules71
    rjrules71

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4505
    Registration date : 2009-05-15
    Points : 5578
    Age : 62
    Location : donington sur le mire

    You never realise how much you cared...... Empty Re: You never realise how much you cared......

    Post by rjrules71 on Sun 28 Jul 2019, 6:54 pm

    Feel your loss Ammy
    Had to take my last one to the vet and hold her in my arms as they administered the death blow.

    Wept like a child there and had to walk for a good hour on the way home, so I could gather myself.
    Went in the back door took one look at the missus and it was a full on blubfest for hours.

    Wonderful dog so many good times, I cant say in all honesty I would ever have another, the pain is too much even now several years on.
    Stay strong Pray
    baseballer
    baseballer

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Coventry away 1978
    Number of posts : 785
    Registration date : 2009-10-03
    Points : 800

    You never realise how much you cared...... Empty Re: You never realise how much you cared......

    Post by baseballer on Sun 28 Jul 2019, 9:31 pm

    Feel your pain mate. A loss of any family member is difficult.

    whestonram
    whestonram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2010-10-09
    Points : 417
    Location : Sheffield

    You never realise how much you cared...... Empty Re: You never realise how much you cared......

    Post by whestonram on Mon 29 Jul 2019, 8:08 am

    rjrules71 wrote:Feel your loss Ammy
    Had to take my last one to the vet and hold her in my arms as they administered the death blow.

    Wept like a child there and had to walk for a good hour on the way home, so I could gather myself.
    Went in the back door took one look at the missus and it was a full on blubfest for hours.

    Wonderful dog so many good times, I cant say in all honesty I would ever have another, the pain is too much even now several years on.
    Stay strong Pray

    We lost our 8 year old German Shepherd to cancer in May. It is more heartbreaking than you can imagine, isn't it?
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15730
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 17722
    Age : 65
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    You never realise how much you cared...... Empty Re: You never realise how much you cared......

    Post by MadAmster on Mon 29 Jul 2019, 8:16 am

    Thanks for the support. Dogs do become a part of the family, part of the home. You go off to work or away for the weekend. When you go the dog bids you farewell. When you return, who is there waiting, tail wagging and with obvious joy that you are back? Yes, the dog.
    CornwallRam
    CornwallRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6561
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 7109
    Age : 51
    Location : Derby

    You never realise how much you cared...... Empty Re: You never realise how much you cared......

    Post by CornwallRam on Tue 30 Jul 2019, 1:15 pm

    Sorry for your last MA. Dogs just have a way of creeping into your heart.
    rob
    rob

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2514
    Registration date : 2011-06-07
    Points : 2646
    Age : 50
    Location : Barleythorpe

    You never realise how much you cared...... Empty Re: You never realise how much you cared......

    Post by rob on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 9:33 am

    am a cat person but lost two in a year last year and empathise with your pain.

    and like others we now have a new kitten raging through the place.

    Keep smiling

    Sponsored content

    You never realise how much you cared...... Empty Re: You never realise how much you cared......

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon 23 Sep 2019, 10:55 am