Potters v Rams reports

MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15730
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Potters v Rams reports Empty Potters v Rams reports

Post by MadAmster on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:33 am

Less possession, less shots. more shots on target. A game in which some will say we were lucky not to lose, others will say we could have won as we were more efficient with what ball we had.

Waggy took his first well but the defender will be kicking himself for getting the wrong side of Waggy. 

Their first saw Clarke let his man get in front of him. If he had been ball side and goal side it would not have been a goal.

Their 2nd was poor defending. Their keeper saw players ready to go and launched a long ball for them to run on to, They were quicker than Clarke and Bielik and scored.

Our 2nd was a penalty and Waggy got lucky.

Roos. Not at fault for either goal. Decent enough distribution.
    Lowe. Distribution lacking when the ball was played in at speed and he had to let go first touch. Good for the rest
    Keogh. One bad mistake we didn't get punished for. Good apart from that.
    Clarke. Mistakes leading to both their goals but OK apart from that.
    Malone. I'd be tempted to give Bucnanan a go.......
    Evans,. Hot and cold. Some very good passages of play but then disappeared for a bit.
    Huddlestone was competent and had a couple of sublime moves.
    Dowell. I am still undecided about him. As with Evans, he blows hot and cold. Too many errors in this game for me
    Jozefzoon. 2, maybe 3 good things, below par at the rest
    Waghorn. 2 goals, very busy, might have had a hat-trick.
    Lawrence. World class against Huddersfield, nowhere to be seen since. Far too inconsistent for my liking.
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5363
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Potters v Rams reports Empty Re: Potters v Rams reports

Post by SawleyRam on Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:57 pm

MadAmster wrote:Less possession, less shots. more shots on target. A game in which some will say we were lucky not to lose, others will say we could have won as we were more efficient with what ball we had.

Waggy took his first well but the defender will be kicking himself for getting the wrong side of Waggy. 

Their first saw Clarke let his man get in front of him. If he had been ball side and goal side it would not have been a goal.

Their 2nd was poor defending. Their keeper saw players ready to go and launched a long ball for them to run on to, They were quicker than Clarke and Bielik and scored.

Lowe. Distribution lacking when the ball was played in at speed and he had to let go first touch. Good for the rest
    Evans,. Hot and cold. Some very good passages of play but then disappeared for a bit.
    Dowell. I am still undecided about him. As with Evans, he blows hot and cold. Too many errors in this game for me
    Lawrence. World class against Huddersfield, nowhere to be seen since. Far too inconsistent for my liking.

Plenty right there 'Ammy but thought Lowe was slightly better seeing as he was playing on the wrong side therefore his weaker foot.
    Huddlestone was commanding until the pace of the game caught up with him and he tired.
    Dowell needs to settle down more, even Mason Mount needed time to make his mark last season.
    Jozefzoon 2, maybe 3 (out of 10 that is)
    Lawrence faded after that late challenge, does that suggest an injury or he don't like it up him (Mr Mainwaring).

It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing.
    valakari
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 2330
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:51 pm

Maybe Buchanan at left back, maybe Shinnie?? Dont rate Lowe either. Miss Bogle .Maybe Evans at right back?
    Certainly not Jozefzoon v Bristol.
    Id play.
    Roos.
    Evans
    Keogh
    Clarke
    Shinnie.
    Huddlestone
    Dowell
    Bielik
    Lawrence
    Marriott
    Waghorn
    Stockport Ram
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 6133
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:43 pm

Let's face it, we're an average team in an average league.

We were last season too, but discovered three gem loanees who grew with the team.

It could happen again. Overall, I think we're about 20% weaker than last season, but you never know...
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23724
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:04 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:Let's face it, we're an average team in an average league.

We were last season too, but discovered three gem loanees who grew with the team.

It could happen again.  Overall, I think we're about 20% weaker than last season, but you never know...

I think that game was a reflection of the championship and what will be most of the teams in it.
    There may be a team ( possibly two) that rise to the top but I still believe it’s possible to get out of this division by being nothing more than organized and efficient as well as lucky which we were at times yesterday.

Potters v Rams reports Nersig10
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23724
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:57 pm

SawleyRam wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:Less possession, less shots. more shots on target. A game in which some will say we were lucky not to lose, others will say we could have won as we were more efficient with what ball we had.

Plenty right there 'Ammy but thought Lowe was slightly better seeing as he was playing on the wrong side therefore his weaker foot.
    Huddlestone was commanding until the pace of the game caught up with him and he tired.
    Dowell needs to settle down more, even Mason Mount needed time to make his mark last season.
    Jozefzoon 2, maybe 3 (out of 10 that is)
    Lawrence faded after that late challenge, does that suggest an injury or he don't like it up him (Mr Mainwaring).

Agreed that Dowell needs time I think we will see the best of him when we are bossing games.
    Remember how many doubters Wilson had last season for a spell after the first few games when he faded a little.

Potters v Rams reports Nersig10
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15730
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:00 am

Answering a couple of points in other posts.....

Sawls - I wasn't implying general criticism of Lowe over those "poor 1st time balls". The criticism was meant for the passer. Putting in a pass that was way too hard to a player with an opponent on him. Lowe had to attempt 1st time passes due to being given no time.

NER - Stoke are still a very physical side. Despite a few personnel changes from last season we still appear to have "difficulty" with physical sides. Glad we don't face Millwall for a bit seeing where they currently are......  With regard to Wilson, he is a very good footballer, I said so last season. I also said that he goes down way too easily and doesn't like physical opponents. far less physical teams/players in the PL and he will do as well for Bournmouth as he did for us IMO.

Stockers - Say what you like (and you do) but you seem to forget, Derby don't do "average". Brilliant? Yes. Man U and Chelsea last season. Crap? Yes. Millwall twice, Blackburn away and others.
    bramhallram
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 4135
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:09 am

It could happen again.  Overall, I think we're about 20% weaker than last season, but you never know...

I think you're being a bit generous there, Stocky. I'd say we're even weaker than that at the moment. We can't lose our three best players, change our manager and expect instant success.

I won't be surprised to see things to get worse before they get better. I just hope we're not too far behind the leading sides at Christmas.

SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5363
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:54 am

bramhallram wrote:

I think you're being a bit generous there, Stocky. I'd say we're even weaker than that at the moment. We can't lose our three best players, change our manager and expect instant success.

I won't be surprised to see things to get worse before they get better. I just hope we're not too far behind the leading sides at Christmas.

If we are not too far behind by Christmas, the stage is set for the introduction of the January appearance of the "Messiah" LOL roll

It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing.
    Li 150
    Li 150
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14578
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by Li 150 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:34 am

Potters v Rams reports Fansblackandwhite4x3129-303349_478x359
    MadAmster
    MadAmster