COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

A friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

EFL Championship table

Fun Trivia Daily Quiz

Search Come On You Rams

spyglass Search Come On You Rams

Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H)

Poll

Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H)

[ 0 ]
     Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H) Bar_left0% Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H) Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
     Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H) Bar_left22% Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H) Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 0 ]
     Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H) Bar_left0% Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H) Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
     Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H) Bar_left22% Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H) Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 5 ]
     Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H) Bar_left56% Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H) Bar_right [56%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 9
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5363
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H) Empty Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H)

Post by SawleyRam on Tue 20 Aug 2019, 9:50 pm

Vote for your Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H) in a match where we lost at home 1-2

It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing.
    Loughborough Ram
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11969
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H) Empty Re: Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H)

Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue 20 Aug 2019, 9:58 pm

I went for Marriott almost as a protest. He made the most of his opportunity which could not be said of any other player
    chicken
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14759
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H) Empty Re: Come On You Rams MOTM vs Bristol City (H)

Post by chicken on Tue 20 Aug 2019, 10:03 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:I went for Marriott almost as a protest. He made the most of his opportunity which could not be said of any other player

Me too.
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5363
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Tue 20 Aug 2019, 10:13 pm

Bielik for me, going to be something special.

It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing.
    Stockport Ram
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 6133
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 20 Aug 2019, 10:34 pm

Bielik is a centre half in this team.  Top class.

So is Clarke.

Over to you Phillip, be brave enough.

Voted for Marriott too as he was the only one who looked like scoring.

if he's fit, start him...But don't drop Waggy. That pretty much picks our formation as 442 or 352, depending on whether you trust Keogh in a back 3.

Unfortunately, without Jayden, we don't have either five good enough midfield players or four good enough defenders , because a 352 with Marriott and Waghorn would be ideal.
    valakari
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 2330
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Wed 21 Aug 2019, 12:31 am

FFS leave Keogh alone Stocky...there are plenty of others to dig out!
    Stockport Ram
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 6133
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Wed 21 Aug 2019, 7:34 am

..but only one consistently over the past 8 years Val ;-)

I had no intention of elaborating, but I often feel goaded by your consistent defence of him. Mea culpa, I know, but I say what I see.

You do too, its what makes the forum.

I think we both want a fit Fozzy back asap, so he wasn't alone last night of course.

There was one instance in the first half last night where he was running back towards the right back spot with an attacker pressing him, and for some inexplicable reason instead of Row Z, he tried (I presume) to find a midfield player , miscuing it so much that it dribbled back diagonally towards the centre of the park. Luckily Hudds was the only one ajacent to that post code or it was a gift. Basic, basic decision making, time and time again.. Utterly ludicrous for someone of his experience. I can forgive a 21 year old, they are still learning..

He has made at least one glaring error in every game, as he more often than not has done throughout his time here - Luckily so far this season we haven't conceeded from any of them, but its a matter of time.

I can only applaud his character, determination and desire, and will never EVER boo him in a Rams shirt, but we need an upgrade if we are going to challenge.

We are diametrically opposed in our opinion of him so I'll try my best to leave it at that.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15730
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Wed 21 Aug 2019, 8:01 am

The problem being that when a keeper or a defender makes a mistake it either leads to a goal or to a chance at one. A striker can miss 20 times a game, score one and he is the hero.

Let's try the glass half full approach. Forget the 20 goal attempts a defender has gifted the opposition per season and remember the 50 or more has has stopped either by good play or by last ditch body on the line tackles/blocks..........

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Sep 2019, 10:56 am