Rams v Baggies reports

MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15730
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Rams v Baggies reports Empty Rams v Baggies reports

Post by MadAmster on Sat 24 Aug 2019, 2:58 pm

Over the 90 minutes a draw was probably about right but.............

Derby came out of the blocks firing which was a good thing to see. 5th minute Gibbs brought down Waggy in the box and the ref got the call right. Penalty. Waggy stuck it away. Later in the half the "ref" gave us another penalty on the advice of his assistant for handball that really wasn't and it was poetic justice that Sam Johnstone saved it although he was off his line before Waggy struck the ball and it should have been retaken.

They finished the 1st half the stronger of the 2 teams.

2nd half WBA started where they left off in the 1st half and had the better of the half. 2 excellent saves from Johnstone saw Derby unable to stretch their lead. 5 minutes from the end the "ref" got it wrong again. He penalised Lowe and gave a penalty to WBA. There was absolutely no contact whatsoever. Never a penalty in a month of Sundays. They equalised from it. Chances at both ends after that.

Another poor ref who got 2 critical decisions wrong and missed all manner of things by them. A push here, a nudge there and most of his errors weren't in our favour. Feel a bit for Bilic, his 2nd card was for arguing yet another ref's error..... should have been a corner not a goal kick.

Roos - Good performance.
    Lowe - Played very well both offensively and defensively
    Keogh - Excellent
    Bielik - Excellent
    Buchanan - Cracking League full debut
    Hudds - His skill and calmness more than made up for his apparent lack of pace
    Dowell - Good game but still not hitting it the way he can. It will come
    Knight - Another on his full League debut who didn't let himself down
    Waggy - will be kicking himself for that penalty miss but a good game nevertheless
    Marriott - Put himself about and will get better as he gains proper match fitness and sharpness
    Lawrence - Again a shadow of the TL performance at Huddersfield. picked up his 3rd booking of the season so far. This one for a petulant foul. All 3 cards have been very avoidable.

MOTM? Hard one to call but I am going with Max Lowe
    Li 150
    Li 150
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14578
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Rams v Baggies reports Empty Re: Rams v Baggies reports

Post by Li 150 on Sat 24 Aug 2019, 3:08 pm

Well, I spent 2€ and fell asleep I awoke to see the corner from the saved penalty.
    2nd half thoughts is Lowe is never a right back, and although it wasn't a penalty, I always felt Lowe was  the most likely to give one.

Rams v Baggies reports Fansblackandwhite4x3129-303349_478x359
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Sat 24 Aug 2019, 3:17 pm

Li 150 wrote:Well, I spent 2€ and fell asleep I awoke to see the corner from the saved penalty.
    2nd half thoughts is Lowe is never a right back, and although it wasn't a penalty, I always felt Lowe was  the most likely to give one.

Lowe isn't a right back, he's a left back but both of our "proper" RBs are injured so we are having to play Max out of position. I thought he deat well with Diangana.
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5363
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Sat 24 Aug 2019, 5:05 pm

Unfortunately this game is no different to what has gone on before. Derby playing nice elegant football and the opposition, with a belligerent, strong and sneeky manner bullied our players into stop start football that favours those with less talent.

We must start to learn how to handle these legal and not so legal tactics before we fade out of the picture altogether.

I am not a Rooney fan but I can't see him falling for those tactics, but can we wait 'til January? We have to do more now.

It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing.
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23724
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Sat 24 Aug 2019, 5:18 pm

Fans were scared when they saw our first half dozen fixtures and there has been one avoidable defeat and a bunch of kids in the team.
    Nothing over exciting but it’s another new manager and very early days.

Rams v Baggies reports Nersig10
    Ram78
    Ram78

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1989
    First ever game : vs Arsenal at BBG
    Number of posts : 2555
    Registration date : 2011-01-17

Post by Ram78 on Sat 24 Aug 2019, 7:11 pm

Ref peno decisions were shocking today, only one which was, was waghorns goal, the lowe"foul" never touched him
    Forest Tuesday will be hard to watch after there result today
    DavesaRam
    DavesaRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 1096
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by DavesaRam on Sat 24 Aug 2019, 10:08 pm

Well today could be the day our season started. After Tuesday, I was expecting a pretty miserable time against West Brom, with the only thing to Be decided was by how many they would win. At half-time I was actually looking forwards to a fairly short (for me!) match report because we did all right, and no-one had played badly.

The balance of the team was much better today, and we pLayed the ball around well - Cocu has got us playing little triangle patterns to work the ball around the pitch, and it is working well. It has also got us showing much better movement off the ball. There were very few poor passes in the first half, and we looked pretty comfortable overall, although clear chances were a bit sparse. And we started really well, and really quickly - like walking up to someone in an argument and thumping them on the nose before the argument has really got going. Whether it was tactical or for an injury, their substitution seemed to stem the tide, and the match was pretty even from then onwards

I was flabbergasted by the ref - he got his obligatory one decision in favour of Derby County in almost straight away, and then kept giving us more - unbelievable! And the second peno was actually given by the lino, not the ref. Even so, I was sure that the customary turn-around would come in the second half. It actually didn't - he continued has leniency, so he will probably get sacked tomorrow for not showing any bias towards the visiting team whatsoever. But as my son said during the interval, he will be looking to even up that second peno decision given even the slightest opportunity, and he duly obliged. He also failed to clamp down on the incessant complaining, and the cynical fouling of Key players every time Derby were breaking free.

We created a number of chances in the second half, while pretty much holding the Baggies at bay for most of the second half. I was very happy with both Knight and Buchanan, Yes they showed some inexperience, but what should we expect - they are inexperienced lads! It is fantastic that they are getting a look in. Lowe, as I said in a previous thread went to Aberdeen as a boy, and came back as a man. He looks very good, Keogh continued his excellent form, and Marriott provided the spark of the unexpected. He is also a great link-up player as well. Waggy, despite is penalty miss worked his socks off, doing some great defensive work. Lawrence let himself down by needing to take a touch before he does anything, and Dowell was ok in the first half. Unfortunately he reverted to type for the second half.

It is unfair to moan about us not making the automatics after the start to the season we have had, but we shouldn't be daring to think of the autos, we are in transition, and we've been stuffed by Chelsea and Lampard, and are not as far forward as we could have been. But there is good reason for hope going forwards. I reckon this season is going to be way better than we could ever have hoped.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Sun 25 Aug 2019, 8:21 am

Good report Dave. Gibbs going off was a groin issue. It was obvious 2 or 3 minutes prior that he had some kind of nether region problem and I was not surprised when he elected to go to ground and signal that he needed replacing. His replacement wasn't on the pitch fur long when he started the physical stuff. That said, he is also a decent footballer. I'd prefer to see more of the latter from him and less of he former.
    Bobbies Helmet
    Bobbies Helmet

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1884
    First ever game : Burnley away 1975
    Number of posts : 254
    Registration date : 2017-11-25

Post by Bobbies Helmet on Sun 25 Aug 2019, 1:28 pm

I thought Dowell was very poor, quiet a few times big Tom got him the brown stuff, he'd be lucky to get into Boltons side with anymore displays like that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Sep 2019, 10:57 am