spyglass Search Come On You Rams

DCFC under investigation.............

Bobbies Helmet
    Bobbies Helmet

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1884
    First ever game : Burnley away 1975
    Number of posts : 273
    Registration date : 2017-11-25

DCFC under investigation............. Empty DCFC under investigation.............

Post by Bobbies Helmet on Thu 05 Sep 2019, 2:22 pm

The EFL, have now decided to look into the sale of pride park stadium, mainly because an independent valuer told Mel the stadium was worth £80 million, the EFL don't believe the stadium is worth this much so have now decided to investigate.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15819
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

DCFC under investigation............. Empty Re: DCFC under investigation.............

Post by MadAmster on Thu 05 Sep 2019, 2:41 pm

So, basically the FA is saying that if you have a house and you decide to sell for X amount and someone offers you a lot more you shouldn't sell it to that person?

What we did is just about within the rules and has been done by others before. DCFC has re-mortgaged the ground in the past as well.

How will the FA value the ground? As a football stadium used, including Cup games, 25 or 26 times a season OR as a venue which, according to Mel, that will be holding around 120 events a year..... that makes a huge difference to any valuation.

Despite it being "us" I don't think the FA will be handing out fines or points deductions on this.
    Bobbies Helmet
    Bobbies Helmet

DCFC under investigation............. Empty Re: DCFC under investigation.............

Post by Bobbies Helmet on Thu 05 Sep 2019, 7:49 pm

MadAmster wrote:So, basically the FA is saying that if you have a house and you decide to sell for X amount and someone offers you a lot more you shouldn't sell it to that person?

What we did is just about within the rules and has been done by others before. DCFC has re-mortgaged the ground in the past as well.

How will the FA value the ground? As a football stadium used, including Cup games, 25 or 26 times a season OR as a venue which, according to Mel, that will be holding around 120 events a year..... that makes a huge difference to any valuation.

Despite it being "us" I don't think the FA will be handing out fines or points deductions on this.
    That's what I thought when I read the Telegraph, Mr Amster
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5393
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Thu 05 Sep 2019, 11:13 pm

MadAmster wrote:So, basically the FA is saying that if you have a house and you decide to sell for X amount and someone offers you a lot more you shouldn't sell it to that person?

A complaint led by Leeds calling it a financial wrong doing to get around the FFP rules, you know that club which went into insolvency in 2004 owing money to all and sundry, became reborn, and then went into administration in 2007 owing money yet again and to have the second coming with a board reshuffle and a different parent company name but without paying the debts incurred yet again. Both occasions due to overspending on players and wages.
    Convenient short memories?

It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing.
    bramhallram
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 4158
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 7:44 am

SawleyRam wrote:

A complaint led by Leeds calling it a financial wrong doing to get around the FFP rules, you know that club which went into insolvency in 2004 owing money to all and sundry, became reborn, and then went into administration in 2007 owing money yet again and to have the second coming with a board reshuffle and a different parent company name but without paying the debts incurred yet again. Both occasions due to overspending on players and wages.

Very convenient. I seem to recall Leicester doing something similar and look where they are now.

SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Post by SawleyRam on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 8:41 am

bramhallram wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:

Very convenient. I seem to recall Leicester doing something similar and look where they are now.

Yes they did, but they did not complain about the Rams! Both clubs a lot worse scenario than a selling of the ground, (which was legal).

Loughborough Ram
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11985
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 9:00 am

Leicesters was far worse. They had the Kung Po stadium built and as soon as it was complete the declared bankruptcy, effectively claiming the ground for free. West Hams move to their new ground was also far more dodgy than our recent financial maneuvering. They will never pay the true value of that stadium even if they stay there for another 100 years.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 9:29 am

SawleyRam wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:

Yes they did, but they did not complain about the Rams! Both clubs a lot worse scenario than a selling of the ground, (which was legal).

Indeed, both clubs a lot worse scenario than us selling the ground but....... in both cases, what the Foxes did and what the DYS did twice was also legal. Totally immoral but legal.
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Post by SawleyRam on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 11:03 am

MadAmster wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:

Indeed, both clubs a lot worse scenario than us selling the ground but....... in both cases, what the Foxes did and what the DYS did twice was also legal. Totally immoral but legal.

But what we did was to sell the ground in order to pay our 'debts', something that the above mentioned clubs failed to do, and in Leeds case twice!

valakari
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 2373
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 1:08 pm

Actually i think we sold the ground to show profits, so we could buy players,both last transfer window and next...which i believe was within the current rules!
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Post by SawleyRam on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 3:17 pm

valakari wrote:Actually i think we sold the ground to show profits, so we could buy players,both last transfer window and next...which i believe was within the current rules!

That's why I put the word debts in inverted commas, because the money raised was to ensure the finances were not showing any debts or minuses!

SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Post by SawleyRam on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 11:51 am

Calif_Ramette
    Calif_Ramette

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2968
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by Calif_Ramette on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 5:08 am

It seems Boro is going to sue the EFL over this.
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Post by SawleyRam on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 12:22 pm

Calif_Ramette wrote:It seems Boro is going to sue the EFL over this.

Boro's owner Steve Gibson, did not think of this idea for his own club, I think it could be a case containing the words throw, toys and pram.

Although Mel Morris has 'bent' the rules of FFP, he has not broken them. Gibson is now forcing the EFL to support Mel in proving the rules were not broken in order to protect themselves.

The Brexit saga has a lot to answer for! Flogging dead horse ne ne ne ne ne Finger

Bobbies Helmet
    Bobbies Helmet

Post by Bobbies Helmet on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 1:21 pm

I used to like Steve Gibson as A chairman, but in the last few years reality seems to have caught up with him, lets face Boro' are just a shit Newcastle.....that takes some doing
    Loughborough Ram
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11985
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 3:58 pm

I know that there isn't very much to do in the desolate sh*thole that is Middlesborough, but surely he can find something better than throwing money away. I'd have thought that wasting money on buying Tony Pullus signings would have tested the depth of his pockets without chasimg an umwinnable lawsuit against the very organisation that runs the competition that his football club depends on for it's very existence.

What a tw*t.
    Calif_Ramette
    Calif_Ramette

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2968
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by Calif_Ramette on Sat 14 Sep 2019, 10:28 pm

Leeds fans are calling for us to be expelled from the League lol They are more obsessed with our club than we are.
    rob
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2521
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Fri 20 Sep 2019, 2:21 pm

Wonderful statement just issued - polite eff off to gibshite and the smoggies
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Post by SawleyRam on Fri 20 Sep 2019, 10:53 pm

This one?  https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/09/club-statement-5

The furore caused by Gibson has a publicity stunt all over it, using Derby County. Not the first time he has used somebody/thing to further a his own agenda. A careful look at his Wiki page adds fuel to this statement under his "I will bury him" alleged outburst in his short political career.

I will not mention the Leeds numpties (see what I did there?) Stirring the pot

MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 10:52 am

Wonderfully succinct and clear rebuff to Gibbo. We gave you the chance to come down and look at the books.......... you knew you'd find nowt wrong, hence pointing you legal ewapons at the EFL with a hint of going for Villa if the EFL case fails, and it will fail.

https://giphy.com/gifs/mmYy42RNrgA0w

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content