EFL Championship table

Fun Trivia Daily Quiz

Search Come On You Rams

spyglass Search Come On You Rams

Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A)

Poll

Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A)

[ 0 ]
    Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A) Bar_left0%Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A) Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A) Bar_left0%Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A) Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 11 ]
    Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A) Bar_left73%Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A) Bar_right [73%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A) Bar_left13%Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A) Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A) Bar_left13%Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A) Bar_right [13%] 

Total Votes: 15
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5393
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A) Empty Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A)

Post by SawleyRam on Sat 21 Sep 2019, 3:42 pm

Vote for your Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A) in a fortuitous 1-1 draw

It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing.
    Stockport Ram
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 6157
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A) Empty Re: Come On You Rams MOTM vs Leeds (A)

Post by Stockport Ram on Sat 21 Sep 2019, 3:56 pm

None of the starters were outstanding. Clarke probably the best of the bunch, closely followed by Lowe.

Martin V Bamford...no contest.

An emotion filled vote for Chrissy from me.

Stockport Ram
    Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Sat 21 Sep 2019, 4:02 pm

You want us thrown out,
    We've broken no rule,
    Unlike 1919, Mel's nobody's fool
    You've tonked us three times,
    But Coldplay is back
    So stop moaning Bie-elsaaaa.
    Clapping Super Rams
    Loughborough Ram
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11985
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sat 21 Sep 2019, 4:16 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:None of the starters were outstanding. Clarke probably the best of the bunch, closely followed by Lowe.

Crikey Stockers, Clarke the best of the starters???

His inability on the ball is like a massive red beacon and the fact that opposition teams make sure that he is their choice to have the ball speaks volumes. Unfortunately it is also impacting on the rest of his game making him nervous and hesitant in most of what he does, their penalty being a case in point. He should have beaten Bamford to the ball or at worst taken the ball and everything when clearing it, but he hesitated and Bamford tied him in knots.

Personally I think he'll over come this but today I thought that he looked a real weakness in a struggling side.

I would probably go for Keogh but as you say there were no stand outs today.
    mcsilks
    mcsilks

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 499
    Registration date : 2016-08-14

Post by mcsilks on Sat 21 Sep 2019, 5:01 pm

Possibly the most troubling thing about this utterly woeful performance was the quite ridiculous quote by our manager at the end of it all; 'Maybe we deserved this today'.

We deserved nothing.

The match commentator got it about right when he said the teams looked 5 leagues apart.

Martin has to be our MOTM for being the only player that actually had one good kick of the football.

Totally undeserved point. We are going backwards trying to play the Derby Way. MM is deluded if he thinks we have an array of good youngsters and Cocu is deluded if he thinks we deserved anything from this.

valakari
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 2373
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Sat 21 Sep 2019, 5:16 pm

Chrissy Martin...scoring for Derby...boom!
    ToonRam
    ToonRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1962
    First ever game : Too small to remember...
    Number of posts : 121
    Registration date : 2017-07-21

Post by ToonRam on Sat 21 Sep 2019, 6:45 pm

Has to be Chris Martin for me, their goal was 'Borderline' offside... according to Sky.. Hmmm.!!

Sent from Topic'it App
    Calif_Ramette
    Calif_Ramette

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2968
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by Calif_Ramette on Sat 21 Sep 2019, 7:54 pm

mcsilks wrote:Possibly the most troubling thing about this utterly woeful performance was the quite ridiculous quote by our manager at the end of it all; 'Maybe we deserved this today'.

We deserved nothing.

The match commentator got it about right when he said the teams looked 5 leagues apart.

Martin has to be our MOTM for being the only player that actually had one good kick of the football.

Totally undeserved point. We are going backwards trying to play the Derby Way. MM is deluded if he thinks we have an array of good youngsters and Cocu is deluded if he thinks we deserved anything from this.

What do you want him to say, "We were shite and a crap squad" Then moaners would be complaining about him destroying the little moral the team has. He says nothing and people bitch about that.
    Bobbies Helmet
    Bobbies Helmet

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1884
    First ever game : Burnley away 1975
    Number of posts : 273
    Registration date : 2017-11-25

Post by Bobbies Helmet on Sat 21 Sep 2019, 8:34 pm

It must send alarm bells ringing when most votes go for A player who had a 10 minute cameo
    Loughborough Ram
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11985
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sat 21 Sep 2019, 8:49 pm

I'd have to ask what fans were expecting. I think being unbeaten against Cardiff and Leeds is a basis of something to build on.

I think that given time Cocu and the team will get better and 8 games in is not the time to be drawing conclusions about the success of this season. Personally I hope that by January the manager will have a clearer picture of what we need and will see a late tilt at the play offs.
    bramhallram
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 4158
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Sat 21 Sep 2019, 11:33 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:I'd have to ask what fans were expecting. I think being unbeaten against Cardiff and Leeds is a basis of something to build on.

I think that given time Cocu and the team will get better and 8 games in is not the time to be drawing conclusions about the success of this season. Personally I hope that by January the manager will have a clearer picture of what we need and will see a late tilt at the play offs.

I was expecting a 4-0 thrashing, so the lucky point gained is much appreciated. However, if we continue to try to play out from the back with these players it's only a matter of time before some team nails us.

The players we have at the moment are simply not good enough to play that way.

Calif_Ramette
    Calif_Ramette

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2968
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by Calif_Ramette on Sat 21 Sep 2019, 11:36 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:I'd have to ask what fans were expecting. I think being unbeaten against Cardiff and Leeds is a basis of something to build on.

I predicted a 3-0 drubbing so I am happy with a draw. I think some fans have an unrealistic view of what they want Cocu to do with the squad he has. Our loans last season covered up a lot of issues and we are seeing them now. At seasons end a mid-table finish with Cocu still in charge would do me just fine.
    mcsilks
    mcsilks

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 499
    Registration date : 2016-08-14

Post by mcsilks on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 11:01 am

Calif_Ramette wrote:

I predicted a 3-0 drubbing so I am happy with a draw. I think some fans have an unrealistic view of what they want Cocu to do with the squad he has. Our loans last season covered up a lot of issues and we are seeing them now. At seasons end a mid-table finish with Cocu still in charge would do me just fine.

I'm not sure if having expectations of at least being remotely competitive against Leeds is having unrealistic expectations.

Given the start to the season and more importantly our performances; I would embrace a mid-table finish just now.

Yesterday's performance was embarrassing. We weren't just outplayed; we also lost practically every 50-50.

The result was an absolute injustice...the kind of which I don't think I can ever remember in the 40 years I have been watching football.

The commentator said it was the most one-sided game he had ever seen. He wasn't wrong.

Taking a point out of that might do us more bad than good as it takes away just how truly awful we were.

I still cannot believe that Cocu said we deserved a point.

In reply to my initial post, you asked me what Cocu is supposed to say. How about; 'We were awful from start to finish. The result was an injustice and I will be looking into changing the way my team is set up. We must do better and at least compete for every ball'.

A little honesty instead. What is wrong with that or have we really come to the point whereby we consider man-management having to fabricate the truth.

Stockport Ram
    Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 11:17 am

Loughborough Ram wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:None of the starters were outstanding. Clarke probably the best of the bunch, closely followed by Lowe.

His inability on the ball is like a massive red beacon and the fact that opposition teams make sure that he is their choice to have the ball speaks volumes. Unfortunately it is also impacting on the rest of his game making him nervous and hesitant in most of what he does, their penalty being a case in point. He should have beaten Bamford to the ball or at worst taken the ball and everything when clearing it, but he hesitated and Bamford tied him in knots.

Personally I think he'll over come this but today I thought that he looked a real weakness in a struggling side.

I'm glad that you at least didn't say he was the worst, Loughers.
    Josefzoon continues to be Frank's biggest mistake.
    Bielik's poorest game by far too - Klich had him in his pocket.
    People rave about Leeds and their "press", but I felt that we simply didn't compete until they ran out of steam. If that was the plan, it was at best risky, but at worst Brentfordesque.

There is always a fine line between genius and madness...
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Post by SawleyRam on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 11:51 am

mcsilks wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:

I'm not sure if having expectations of at least being remotely competitive against Leeds is having unrealistic expectations.

Given the start to the season and more importantly our performances; I would embrace a mid-table finish just now.

Yesterday's performance was embarrassing. We weren't just outplayed; we also lost practically every 50-50.

The result was an absolute injustice...the kind of which I don't think I can ever remember in the 40 years I have been watching football.

The commentator said it was the most one-sided game he had ever seen. He wasn't wrong.

Taking a point out of that might do us more bad than good as it takes away just how truly awful we were.

I still cannot believe that Cocu said we deserved a point.

In reply to my initial post, you asked me what Cocu is supposed to say. How about; 'We were awful from start to finish. The result was an injustice and I will be looking into changing the way my team is set up. We must do better and at least compete for every ball'.

A little honesty instead. What is wrong with that or have we really come to the point whereby we consider man-management having to fabricate the truth.

Over the seasons we too have had superiority over the opponents, the same as Leeds had with us but when we have have drawn or lost those games it was called an injustice, goals are the name of the game and through their own inability Leeds could not score more than once,they had 5 shots on target we had one......and scored.

Stats? Derby had 100% goals to shots on target ratio, Leeds only had 20%. Proves nothing I know but I will remember that stat for a while, it caused us to draw the game not lose it.

RoytheRam
    RoytheRam

First ever game : Southampton-(home) 1965, lost 3-0
    Number of posts : 1088
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Post by RoytheRam on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 11:56 am

Loughborough Ram wrote:

Agree with remarks about Clarke, he's a bigger accident waiting to happen than Keogh ever was! I've gone for Waghorn myself. we never saw anything from him up front obviously but some of his work at the back and helping Lowe out was outstanding, he broke up many of their attacks! All this only confirms my thinking that we have no proper system, formation, call it what you want and it's time we stopped playing players out of position! Also stop playing Joze what's his name just because he could play in Holland when Cocu knew him. This is the Championship and he is no good enough plus I can't remember the last time I saw a Derby County player so blatantly pull out of a tackle! Disgraceful, be gone!
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Post by SawleyRam on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 4:57 pm

Are we all forgetting Roos? His last ditch saves stopped Leeds from extending their goal difference. Kelle didn't have the best of games, who did? but his efforts kept us in the match even though we were out played.

P.S. I still think we need an upgrade in the goalkeeping position but there are more urgent positions to sort out before that.

rob
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2521
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 8:40 am

i also predicted a drubbing so really happy with sneaking a point - especially in injury time.

Whilst my personal jury is out on Cocu I do think there is an element of the fan base that if they saw Cocu walk on water they would say "that bloody Cocu can't even swim" (love that Bertie Vogts quote)

Most of us thought this season would be a step backwards given the quality of what we lost but our inability to win matches is starting to get my traffic lights flashing a shade of amber.

Lets see where we are at Christmas.....
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15819
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 10:28 am

Back home from a weekend of spinning soul in Skipton and watching the game in a pub full of DYS fans who were actually very good to the stranger in their midst. I was so convinced of what was going to happen that I walked into a branch of Coral's and put a tenner on Leeds to win 3-1 at 8/1.

Leeds pressed us really high from the off and we had no time or space at the back to play the ball with any accuracy in either speed of the ball or the direction thereof. After 5 minutes I was saying we need to change to 2 up front to get them to keep more men in defence and stop them ratting us in MF and at the back. It never happened but we should have had the common sense to stop faffing about at the back. The players are as culpable as Cocu in this. How we weren't 3 or 4 down at HT is a mystery. Strange then that the one goal they got should, IMO, never have been. Not for the possible 1mm offside that would have been given by VAR (shouldn't be as that is neither clear nor obvious)  but because it wasn't a free kick in my mind and, considering some of the fouls we didn't get given from DYS tackles, neither did the ref so why did he give it? Even then it was fortuitous going in via a save from Roos that rebounded onto Lowe's left foot.

McS made comment on the young uns...... Lowe was the only one in the starting XI so I don't understand that comment on this game. They seemed to target him and I thought he could easily have been overwhelmed but wasn't. Great wrong foot cross from him for the goal. Nice little dummy right before turning and passing to his left. Good near post run from Waggy that helped creats more space in the middle and a cool, calm and collected pass into the net from Coldplay. Cue huge cheers from me and groans of "we knew that was going to happen" from the rest of the pub.

Last couple of games have been howlers for Clarke who is lauded as being a ball playing CH yet we have seen exactly the opposite of late. Still not convinced by Malone. More errors from Bielik and Hudds than we are used to. Keogh had quite a few poorly placed passes and headers, some of which put Roos and/or Clarke under pressure inside the box.

Waggy spent most of the game having to bolster the defence. Holmes put himself about but lacked effectiveness, mainly due to being outnumbered and fouled. FloJo was pretty ineffective. Marriott cut a lonely figure up top, shased and harried but it was a hopeless task.

Roos - had 2 rushes of blood we gat away with. He also kept us in the game with saves.
    Lowe - Not his best game but stood up well enough to being targetted and his run and cross for the goal was very good.
    Keogh - a lot of errors under pressure plus some good tackles. A mixed bag.
    Clarke - Not very good on the ball for a supposed ball playing CH. Confidence going? I think so and it seems to be affecting the rest of his game.
    Malone - Never been convinced by him and I'm still not.
    Hudds - Some good interventions and just as many errors
    Bielik - They ratted him like they did the rest of the back 7, sometimes having 3 or 4 on him in a flash when in posession. Worst distrubution from him in a Rams shirt.
    FloJo - How many chances will he need?
    Holmes - busy but overwhelmed, fould and thereby ineffective
    Waghorn - spent 80% of the game having to defend which he did well
    Marriott - left isolated most of the time

Cocu - Should have gone plan B or further very early doors. It was painfully obvious we weren't capable of combatting the way they were playing. As Sawley wrote, how many times have we battered the oppo for 89 minutes and lost to a last minute breakaway. I know you shouldn't go down when there's nothing wrong but an "injury" gives the gaffer the time to change things when they are clearly not working. Questionable tactic I know but when everybody else does, it's very naive not to. I also question his instructions to the full backs. He has them coming infield an awful long way which means the opposition wide men all the time in the world to put in a cross and we don't handle them all that well. I used to have my sides play the same as as Cocu at the back, however, the full backs were under instructions to make sure that, taking into account the angle and the distance to the wide man, they were always close enough to put him under pressure or even intercept the ball. Cocu has them too far infield. He also loves the "wrong sided winger" as well. Great if that man is Harry Wilson or Arjen Robben but not when it's Tommy L and Waggy. By all means have them where they are some of the game but also have them swap so they can also go outside and put a cross in.

Martin........ is not the Martin of old. He took the ball on the chest inside his own half, laid it off, ran forward and about 10 seconds later he's putting it in the net. A wonderful move. Lowe to Knight, Knight to Martin, Martin to Lowe, Lowe to Knight, Knight to Lowe. Lowe to Paterson, Paterson to Martin and Martin puts it in the onion bag. CM looked lighter and sharper than he did. 

I'll duck behind the sofa now but leave you with what I shouted in the Venue in the 91st minute........... Chrissy Martin, Derby's number nine............TEEN
    bramhallram
    bramhallram

First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 4158
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 5:03 pm

I've gone for Martin as MOTM. In his short time on the pitch he looked confident and dangerous, which is more than can be said for any of the others.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Oct 2019, 2:30 pm