COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Share
    avatar
    SingaporeRam

    Number of posts : 348
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 312
    Age : 36
    Location : Chang-alore

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by SingaporeRam on Wed 08 Apr 2009, 6:43 am

    wilmortonRAM wrote:Its possibly the most lol film i have seen

    The most lol??? oh dear. South Park is genius though.

    The Darjeeling Limited
    8/10


    Its a bit out there, but is pretty funny in parts. Its beautifully shot as well and captures the colours and sounds and smells of Northwest India (where i think it must have been shot).

    The basic story is that of 3 eccentric brothers who haven't seen each other in the year after there fathers death, meeting in India. What 2 of them don't know is that they are on the way to meet their mother.

    On the way they come across a snake, Rita the Sweet Lime girl, an angry train attendant, and 3 brothers in trouble in a river.

    Its not like any film i've seen before but i found it funny and quite sad on occasion. My inflated rating is probably due to recognizing the places and areas.

    Fancy something a bit different that you will certainly remember, then its well worth the 90ish minutes.
    avatar
    wilmortonRAM

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    First ever game : v Barnsley - W 4-1
    Number of posts : 4335
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 4245
    Age : 30
    Location : wilmorton

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by wilmortonRAM on Wed 08 Apr 2009, 8:43 am

    SingaporeRam wrote:
    wilmortonRAM wrote:Its possibly the most lol film i have seen

    The most lol??? oh dear. South Park is genius though.

    The Darjeeling Limited
    8/10

    Its a bit out there, but is pretty funny in parts. Its beautifully shot as well and captures the colours and sounds and smells of Northwest India (where i think it must have been shot).

    The basic story is that of 3 eccentric brothers who haven't seen each other in the year after there fathers death, meeting in India. What 2 of them don't know is that they are on the way to meet their mother.

    On the way they come across a snake, Rita the Sweet Lime girl, an angry train attendant, and 3 brothers in trouble in a river.

    Its not like any film i've seen before but i found it funny and quite sad on occasion. My inflated rating is probably due to recognizing the places and areas.

    Fancy something a bit different that you will certainly remember, then its well worth the 90ish minutes.

    The film which makes laugh out loud the most????

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by Guest on Wed 08 Apr 2009, 10:09 am

    Gresleyram wrote:Rock n Rolla

    Guy Ritchies latest offering and a thoroughly enjoyable one at that. Typical Ritchie 'Gangsta' film, shot in a very stylish manner and with solid performances from all the leading cast.

    Basic story is about a series of london criminals who's stories all intertwine and overlap, which can at times be confusing at times. Once you get your head around it though, all the criminals are unwittingly ripping each other off and, as is normal in these kinds of films, it all comes together in a very clever ending.

    I expected nothing, but really enjoyed this.

    7.75/10

    I thought it was really, really poor. The cockney "gangsters" were even more contrived and unbelievable than in Snatch and Lock Stock, and the intertwining-stories-that-all-end-up-being-inextricably-linked gimmick is really tired and predictable now.
    avatar
    JoetheRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Points : 5519
    Age : 26

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by JoetheRam on Wed 08 Apr 2009, 10:38 am

    Zoolander - comedy with Ben Stiller. Hilarious in places. 8/10

    Starsky and Hutch - remake with Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Will Farell and Snoop Dogg. Very funny and some good action - 8.5/10

    Behind Eneny Lines - Low budget war movie set during the Balkans war with Owen Wilson and Gene Hackman. Good Film, decent plot and well shot - 8/10 Wilson and Hackman are terrific.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by Guest on Wed 08 Apr 2009, 10:42 am

    Platoon

    23 years old now but i can still watch it and get blown away by it. Probably the first war film i saw that really hit home the shocking reality of war - totally breathtaking.

    9/10
    avatar
    JoetheRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Points : 5519
    Age : 26

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by JoetheRam on Wed 08 Apr 2009, 10:53 am

    Gresleyram wrote:Platoon

    23 years old now but i can still watch it and get blown away by it. Probably the first war film i saw that really hit home the shocking reality of war - totally breathtaking.

    9/10

    Awesome film i'd give it 10/10 anyday.
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23413
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 28053
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by New England Ram on Wed 08 Apr 2009, 1:25 pm

    FAST & FURIOUS 478 or what ever number it is.
    Every other weekend is time spent with my eldest lad who is 16 and we usually end up going to a movie of his choice.
    Got dragged to this one this time and i have to admit it was far better than i expected.
    OTT of course but then again it is a MOVIE.

    7/10



    avatar
    101

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1995
    First ever game : vs Tranmere Rovers 1995
    Number of posts : 1334
    Registration date : 2009-04-07
    Points : 1447
    Location : Ilkeston/Lincoln

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by 101 on Wed 08 Apr 2009, 5:33 pm

    New England Ram wrote:FAST & FURIOUS 478 or what ever number it is.
    Every other weekend is time spent with my eldest lad who is 16 and we usually end up going to a movie of his choice.
    Got dragged to this one this time and i have to admit it was far better than i expected.
    OTT of course but then again it is a MOVIE.

    7/10

    Hoping to go see it this friday if an old fart like yourself enjoyed it must be good. ne ne ne ne ne
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23413
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 28053
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by New England Ram on Wed 08 Apr 2009, 5:50 pm

    101 wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:FAST & FURIOUS 478 or what ever number it is.
    Every other weekend is time spent with my eldest lad who is 16 and we usually end up going to a movie of his choice.
    Got dragged to this one this time and i have to admit it was far better than i expected.
    OTT of course but then again it is a MOVIE.

    7/10

    Hoping to go see it this friday if an old fart like yourself enjoyed it must be good. ne ne ne ne ne

    :lol!: Cheeky bleeder



    avatar
    gawa_ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1997
    First ever game : West Ham (H) Beat 1-0. 2003
    Number of posts : 2356
    Registration date : 2009-04-12
    Points : 2567
    Age : 32
    Location : just outside Belfast..

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by gawa_ram on Sun 12 Apr 2009, 7:46 pm

    After weeks of excitement and preaching to my mates about how good Clough was with his one-liners and charisma, we finally went to see The Damned Uni...oh no, that's right we didn't as IT'S NOT BEING SCREENED ANYWHERE IN NORTHERN IRELAND. :evil:

    Anywho - last film I seen was The Others on Beeb2 on Friday night.

    Decent enough show, quite clever twist at the end though having seen Scary Movie 3 before I expected Michael Jackson to be wearing the communion veil, so was slightly disappointed at that.

    6/10

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by Guest on Tue 14 Apr 2009, 11:49 pm

    Doomsday

    28 days later meets mad max

    TOTAL AND UTTER BOLLOX

    3/10 And only gets that because of the lovely Rhona Mitra who plays the main character:

    avatar
    wilmortonRAM

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    First ever game : v Barnsley - W 4-1
    Number of posts : 4335
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 4245
    Age : 30
    Location : wilmorton

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by wilmortonRAM on Wed 15 Apr 2009, 8:41 am

    jurassic park 3 on itv the other night. Cant beat a good old Dinosaur film... :whis:

    🐱 🐱 🐱 🐱

    8/10
    avatar
    JoetheRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Points : 5519
    Age : 26

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by JoetheRam on Wed 15 Apr 2009, 8:48 am

    Gone in 60 seconds - Not bad, not much plot, very American. Cage puts in a decent performance.

    7/10

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by Guest on Wed 15 Apr 2009, 11:59 am

    I can't believe Gone In 60 Seconds got bad reviews. I genuinely think it's one of the best action films I've seen.
    Yeah it's a bit cheesy at times but it's surprisingly well researched.

    2 Fast 2 Furious
    Horrible film. The first one was awesome but this was just terrible. Saved only by Tyrese Gibson as Rome who was pretty funny. Paul Walker's character went from being a cool cop who knew how to drive to a wannabe gangster who ended every sentence with "bro". But he can't even do that right so it comes out as "bra".
    1/10
    avatar
    101

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1995
    First ever game : vs Tranmere Rovers 1995
    Number of posts : 1334
    Registration date : 2009-04-07
    Points : 1447
    Location : Ilkeston/Lincoln

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by 101 on Wed 15 Apr 2009, 12:03 pm

    Wilko wrote:I can't believe Gone In 60 Seconds got bad reviews. I genuinely think it's one of the best action films I've seen.
    Yeah it's a bit cheesy at times but it's surprisingly well researched.

    2 Fast 2 Furious
    Horrible film. The first one was awesome but this was just terrible. Saved only by Tyrese Gibson as Rome who was pretty funny. Paul Walker's character went from being a cool cop who knew how to drive to a wannabe gangster who ended every sentence with "bro". But he can't even do that right so it comes out as "bra".
    1/10

    You forgot "cuz"
    avatar
    M.M

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Derby vs Hearts ages ago 4-4
    Number of posts : 3257
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 3294
    Age : 26
    Location : Nottingham

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by M.M on Wed 15 Apr 2009, 12:21 pm

    Green Street 2

    0/10

    Could this be the worst film ever made? One of the people from GS1 get sent to a British prison (set in America) full of British people and rival football firms. They have a little fight everynow and again and then play football to see who gets released first. Money back please HMV

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by Guest on Fri 17 Apr 2009, 1:27 am

    I watched that new fast and furious because it was the only action film I could find to stream over the internet nice and easily. I was expecting it to be fucking shit, and it was.

    An unsurprising 3/10.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by Guest on Fri 17 Apr 2009, 11:49 pm

    Nacho Libre

    Pretty Pants, and that from someone who likes Jack Black.

    5/10
    avatar
    M.M

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Derby vs Hearts ages ago 4-4
    Number of posts : 3257
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 3294
    Age : 26
    Location : Nottingham

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by M.M on Sat 18 Apr 2009, 12:24 pm

    Knowing

    Would have been a good film but for the end. It was about a scientist finding some numbers which predicted every major tragedy; where, when and how many died, for the last 50 something years. Some good shots of things blowing up. Worth a watch if youv'e got nothing to do, a tenner in your pocket and no lift home until half ten

    7/10
    avatar
    JoetheRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Points : 5519
    Age : 26

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by JoetheRam on Sat 18 Apr 2009, 12:45 pm

    Gresleyram wrote:Nacho Libre

    Pretty Pants, and that from someone who likes Jack Black.

    5/10

    Agree 100%

    Also, I watched I'm Dancing inside last night. Not the kind of film i'd usually go for but I couldn't sleep so i watched. Brilliant acting and some funny bits.

    8/10

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by Guest on Sun 19 Apr 2009, 10:25 pm

    ALVIN AND THE CHIPMONKS

    Total and utter Gash - i'll never get that 90 mins back!

    2/10

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by Guest on Sun 19 Apr 2009, 10:28 pm

    The Bank Job

    Set in 1971 and based on real events, this film stars Jason Statham as a petty criminal that gets involved in a BIG bank job, but all hell breaks loose when it turns out MI5 are involved (amongst others)

    Really enjoyed this, and well worth catching on SKY movies this week - even more so due to the fact its based on actual events.

    7/10

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by Guest on Sun 19 Apr 2009, 11:43 pm

    Gresleyram wrote:ALVIN AND THE CHIPMONKS

    Total and utter Gash - i'll never get that 90 mins back!

    2/10

    :lol!:

    Why why why?

    Anyone seen "i love you, man"? Supposed to be quite good but thought id ask? :)

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by Guest on Sun 19 Apr 2009, 11:49 pm

    OneFlewOverHarper'sHead wrote:
    Gresleyram wrote:ALVIN AND THE CHIPMONKS

    Total and utter Gash - i'll never get that 90 mins back!

    2/10

    :lol!:

    Why why why?

    Anyone seen "i love you, man"? Supposed to be quite good but thought id ask? :)

    was forced into watching it by Mini G - crap plot, awful acting by the 'humans' and didnt make me laugh once.

    Dont get me wrong, i do enjoy a lot of the Mini G's films (shrek, incredibles, nemo etc etc) but this was god awful.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by Guest on Sun 19 Apr 2009, 11:51 pm

    Haha, could have been worse, could have been high school musical!!!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Rate The Last Film You Saw

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon 15 Oct 2018, 6:36 pm