a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

What are you watching?

Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11270
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

What are you watching?

Post by Loughborough Ram on Wed 24 Feb 2010, 8:44 pm

If this works hopefully we could make it a sticky.

What are the programmes that you are watching at the moment, what do you look forward to all week, which programmes do you cancel everything to watch, and what gems can you recommend for others.

At the moment the two programmes that I do not miss are the new series of Ice Road Truckers on channel 5. Don't be put off if you have watched the previous series in Northern Canada which I thought got a bit repetetive personally. This series is set in Alaska on the Dalton Highway, and it is amazing. The Ice road that they travel is 500 miles of ice and whereas the previous series was set on flat surfaces this one covers some of the most amazing scenery you could possibly imagine, but whereas you always had the feeling that the previous series played up the danger, this series is genuinely 'life on the line' dangerous.

My other favourite is Arumental on Dave. It has two of my favourite funnymen in Rufus Hound and Marcus Brigstock arguing over various topics, and it is hosted by John Sergeant, who I must admit has shaken off his likeable loser tag which he earned so easily in Strictly come dancing to strike just the right balance of self deprecating humour without looking like he is searching for compliments.

Check them both out, they are both well worth a watch
    Barnstaple Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10255
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Barnstaple Ram on Wed 24 Feb 2010, 8:46 pm

Simply because I have stayed with it from the start I ensure that i don't miss the final series of Lost
    Bedlam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : V Spurs away 1972 won 0-1 Gladys scored If I remember correctly
    Number of posts : 7332
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by Bedlam on Wed 24 Feb 2010, 8:47 pm

Supernatural in about 10 minutes

Post by Guest on Wed 24 Feb 2010, 8:48 pm

Newswipe on BBC 4. Charlie Brooker points out how crass the modern world is.

House is on Five USA every day at 6.
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Wed 24 Feb 2010, 8:51 pm

House is one that I wished I'd watched, but it is so far in and I have never seen a single episode that I doubt that I ever will.

I have the same problem with 24 and CSI, in that I have never seen an episode so rightly or wrongly doubt I could catch up.
    Li 150
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by Li 150 on Wed 24 Feb 2010, 8:56 pm

I'm passively watching young tootie on the vampire diaries

Post by Guest on Wed 24 Feb 2010, 9:10 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:House is one that I wished I'd watched, but it is so far in and I have never seen a single episode that I doubt that I ever will.

I have the same problem with 24 and CSI, in that I have never seen an episode so rightly or wrongly doubt I could catch up.

Each episode of House is self contained. I never watched it right from the beginning but it doesn't take long to pick up the characters, relationships, tensions etc.

It's not like 24, where if you miss a couple of episodes you wonder how the hell he got there or what happened to her etc.
    robtheglostaram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03

Post by robtheglostaram on Wed 24 Feb 2010, 9:46 pm

Eastenders

👅

Post by Guest on Wed 24 Feb 2010, 10:00 pm

robtheglostaram wrote:Eastenders

👅

good lad.

I watch masterchef

chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14589

Post by chicken on Wed 24 Feb 2010, 10:02 pm

I'm going to watch Rambo in HD in a minute. Why? because there's nothing else on the other 5000000 channels on Sky.
    M.M

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Derby vs Hearts ages ago 4-4
    Number of posts : 3257

Post by M.M on Wed 24 Feb 2010, 10:17 pm

Lost

Absolutely love it. I'm addicted. And I'm also glad theyve started actually answering questions instead of just making it even more confusing.

Looking forward to finding out if they actually explain everything, or just leave it for the viewer to decide in their own mind. I'm hoping they explain it, I've had about 9 different theorys including: Theyre all dead and theyre in limbo between heaven and hell (my current theory), its a dream, theyve gone back in time, its a secret government project, its all an artifical world made by a bloke called Christoff as a social experiment to see what they do.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23116

Post by New England Ram on Wed 24 Feb 2010, 10:23 pm

Ice Hockey in the Olympics.

Li 150
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521

Post by Li 150 on Wed 24 Feb 2010, 10:38 pm

FA cup highlights
    & don't tell me the scores I wanna be surprised

TotalTrash

Number of posts : 1081
    Registration date : 2009-06-09

Post by TotalTrash on Wed 24 Feb 2010, 11:23 pm

Mad Men it's very good.

Post by Guest on Thu 25 Feb 2010, 9:42 am

Deadliest Warrior - The weapons of two warriors from history (Knights vs Pirates, Mafia v Yakusza etc.) are "scientifically" tested by professionals and the date is fed into a computer programme which simulates who would win out the two.

Wonderfully stupid, and reached the height of bad taste with it's IRA vs Taliban episode.

Post by Guest on Thu 25 Feb 2010, 10:03 am

Yojimbo wrote:Deadliest Warrior - The weapons of two warriors from history (Knights vs Pirates, Mafia v Yakusza etc.) are "scientifically" tested by professionals and the date is fed into a computer programme which simulates who would win out the two.

Wonderfully stupid, and reached the height of bad taste with it's IRA vs Taliban episode.

Haha. I've seen that. All very earnest and completely stupid.
    ShardlowSheep

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 3988
    Registration date : 2009-03-27

Post by ShardlowSheep on Thu 25 Feb 2010, 10:41 am

M.M wrote:Lost

Absolutely love it. I'm addicted. And I'm also glad theyve started actually answering questions instead of just making it even more confusing.

Looking forward to finding out if they actually explain everything, or just leave it for the viewer to decide in their own mind. I'm hoping they explain it, I've had about 9 different theorys including: Theyre all dead and theyre in limbo between heaven and hell (my current theory), its a dream, theyve gone back in time, its a secret government project, its all an artifical world made by a bloke called Christoff as a social experiment to see what they do.
    I too watch Lost religiously but tis is more becauseI have watched it from the start and cannot give it up as I have to find out what it is all about. I have actually been quite disappointed with the new series so far and am very confused how there now appears to be two existances happening in parallel - one where there was no crash and one on the island after the atomic bomb exploded. Before when iot was flashbacks teliing peoplees stories they were inciteful and you knew what was going on, same with the flash forwards to life after they got off the island but these flashes to a world where the plane did not crash are just confusing the hell out of me.
    M.M

First ever game : Derby vs Hearts ages ago 4-4
    Number of posts : 3257

Post by M.M on Thu 25 Feb 2010, 4:25 pm

ShardlowSheep wrote:

I too watch Lost religiously but tis is more becauseI have watched it from the start and cannot give it up as I have to find out what it is all about. I have actually been quite disappointed with the new series so far and am very confused how there now appears to be two existances happening in parallel - one where there was no crash and one on the island after the atomic bomb exploded. Before when iot was flashbacks teliing peoplees stories they were inciteful and you knew what was going on, same with the flash forwards to life after they got off the island but these flashes to a world where the plane did not crash are just confusing the hell out of me.

Yeah thats annoying me aswell, but what I am finding pretty interesting is how the interaction of the characters without the crash, is fairly similar to the interaction witht the crash

I'm also very glad they explained the whole John Lock death thing.
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 25 Feb 2010, 4:37 pm

Gave up on lost about ten pointless episodes into the first series......................and I'm still glad I did.
    JoetheRam

First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post by JoetheRam on Fri 26 Feb 2010, 5:09 pm

PragueAndy wrote:
    Yojimbo wrote:Deadliest Warrior - The weapons of two warriors from history (Knights vs Pirates, Mafia v Yakusza etc.) are "scientifically" tested by professionals and the date is fed into a computer programme which simulates who would win out the two.

Haha. I've seen that. All very earnest and completely stupid.

I think I saw that. Did they chop a pig in half with a samurai sword once?

My TV is:

The Simpsons - every night without fail, apart from Thursdays.
    Top Gear - Lads larking about in cars! Not the ones from 8 years ago on Dave though.
    Hustle - the series has just finished but hopefully it'll be back.
    Mock the week - not the same without Frankie Boyle but worth a watch.

Until Peep show returns that is all I watch.

Post by Guest on Fri 26 Feb 2010, 6:43 pm

Newswipe and it's spinoffs are brilliant.

House is a decent shows as are Numbers, Criminal minds and CSI (don't religiously watch the last one)

Series on Discovery like Storm Chasers, Ice Road Truckers and Axe Men

Just waiting for the Inbetweenrs to return.
    Barnstaple Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10255
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by Barnstaple Ram on Fri 26 Feb 2010, 10:33 pm

M.M wrote:
    ShardlowSheep wrote:

Yeah thats annoying me aswell, but what I am finding pretty interesting is how the interaction of the characters without the crash, is fairly similar to the interaction witht the crash

I'm also very glad they explained the whole John Lock death thing.

With all the clips of them not crashing JAck seems to be meeting all the others so think he is central to what will happen
    tommo_dcfc

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1884
    Number of posts : 874
    Registration date : 2009-03-14

Post by tommo_dcfc on Fri 26 Feb 2010, 11:22 pm

I am watching a radar display in the gulf looking for pirates!

Post by Guest on Sat 27 Feb 2010, 9:05 am

tommo_dcfc wrote:I am watching a radar display in the gulf looking for pirates!

Shiver me timbers. Find any?
    Bedlam

First ever game : V Spurs away 1972 won 0-1 Gladys scored If I remember correctly
    Number of posts : 7332

Post by Bedlam on Sat 27 Feb 2010, 5:48 pm

you only need to listen to sky sports to find someone who thinks he's a Pirate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Jan 2018, 11:39 pm