COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    What are you watching?

    Share
    avatar
    Li 150
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 17391
    Age : 28
    Location : Germany

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Li 150 on Sat 27 Feb 2010, 6:41 pm

    Watch out for this one



    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10251
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11265
    Age : 54
    Location : Derby

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Mucker1884 on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 1:30 pm

    PragueAndy wrote:Newswipe on BBC 4. Charlie Brooker points out how crass the modern world is.....

    Andy wrote:Newswipe and it's spinoffs are brilliant....



    Never heard of it. Just watched the League show on BBCi. Just about to close down when I saw this in the corner.......so clicked, watched, and thoroughly enjoyed. :lol!:

    Rather amusing, I must say!
    Will look out for it in future, unless somebody tells me when it's on...and on which channel!

    Regards,
    One Lazy Bastoid


    Ah, Beeb 4 then........just the time & day then, Cheers


    Last edited by Mucker1884 on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Blind & Stupid!)
    avatar
    TotalTrash

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 1081
    Registration date : 2009-06-09
    Points : 1146
    Age : 31
    Location : London

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by TotalTrash on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 2:12 pm

    That was the last one i think. It was screenwipe (about TV) intially then the spin offs of Newswipe and one-offs like Gameswipe. You can watch them on Youtube though.

    avatar
    Li 150
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 17391
    Age : 28
    Location : Germany

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Li 150 on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 8:23 pm

    Five coming on is Anger Management, properly the only truely funny film Adam Sandler has made



    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 42
    Location : Derby

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Igor-is-god on Mon 01 Mar 2010, 11:48 am

    PragueAndy wrote:
    Yojimbo wrote:Deadliest Warrior - The weapons of two warriors from history (Knights vs Pirates, Mafia v Yakusza etc.) are "scientifically" tested by professionals and the date is fed into a computer programme which simulates who would win out the two.

    Wonderfully stupid, and reached the height of bad taste with it's IRA vs Taliban episode.

    Haha. I've seen that. All very earnest and completely stupid.

    Yeah I watch that as well, it's so American and bad it's good. Same for Warriors with Terry Schappert where he gets emotional about his ancient 'brothers in arms.'

    I'm loving Mastercrafts at the moment, I now want to be a Blacksmith. I've not told the gaffer yet though.
    avatar
    TotalTrash

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 1081
    Registration date : 2009-06-09
    Points : 1146
    Age : 31
    Location : London

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by TotalTrash on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 6:55 pm

    Has anybody been watching Luther?
    It's a bit trashy, but the last two have been great and hopefully the finale will bring it all together.
    avatar
    Bedlam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : V Spurs away 1972 won 0-1 Gladys scored If I remember correctly
    Number of posts : 7332
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 7505
    Age : 55
    Location : Krakatoa, East of Java

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Bedlam on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 6:58 pm

    No I haven't, Stargate Universe seems to be getting better after a slow start and a new series of Chuck has just started.
    avatar
    Tilly

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2009-04-11
    Points : 1614

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Tilly on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 7:18 pm

    Luther didn't make much sense but after last night's episode I can see where it's coming from now.

    And Chuck is ace.
    avatar
    Barnstaple Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10255
    Registration date : 2009-07-09
    Points : 12098
    Age : 50
    Location : In front of my computer

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Barnstaple Ram on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 10:47 pm

    Just about the tune in to babestation TV

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Guest on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 7:10 am

    Barnstaple Ram wrote:
    M.M wrote:
    ShardlowSheep wrote:
    M.M wrote:Lost

    Absolutely love it. I'm addicted. And I'm also glad theyve started actually answering questions instead of just making it even more confusing.

    Looking forward to finding out if they actually explain everything, or just leave it for the viewer to decide in their own mind. I'm hoping they explain it, I've had about 9 different theorys including: Theyre all dead and theyre in limbo between heaven and hell (my current theory), its a dream, theyve gone back in time, its a secret government project, its all an artifical world made by a bloke called Christoff as a social experiment to see what they do.
    I too watch Lost religiously but tis is more becauseI have watched it from the start and cannot give it up as I have to find out what it is all about. I have actually been quite disappointed with the new series so far and am very confused how there now appears to be two existances happening in parallel - one where there was no crash and one on the island after the atomic bomb exploded. Before when iot was flashbacks teliing peoplees stories they were inciteful and you knew what was going on, same with the flash forwards to life after they got off the island but these flashes to a world where the plane did not crash are just confusing the hell out of me.

    Yeah thats annoying me aswell, but what I am finding pretty interesting is how the interaction of the characters without the crash, is fairly similar to the interaction witht the crash

    I'm also very glad they explained the whole John Lock death thing.

    With all the clips of them not crashing JAck seems to be meeting all the others so think he is central to what will happen

    Please tell me I'm not the only one who was left a) disappointed and b) utterly bemused by the ending. No loose ends tied up, nothing explained etc etc. Seemed like the best they could come up with at a 10 minute writers meeting.
    avatar
    darthdmun

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 79
    Number of posts : 1933
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Points : 2131
    Age : 44
    Location : Detroit......back visiting Wirksworth.

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by darthdmun on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 8:42 am

    did nyone see the new V tv series? it just finished here a week or so ago. i got hooked on that, although the woman commander in this is called Anna, not Dianna.
    the FBI agent that fights against the 'V's is hot, i felt the show was a little slow, and you still dont get to see the reptiles under the human skin, or find out why they came to earth yet :f_grr10.gif:
    i guess as the writers said, they are going to stick to the original as much as they can.
    but all in all, i think it was good, i got hooked on it.
    i look forward to the next season of it.
    avatar
    JoetheRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Points : 5519
    Age : 25

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by JoetheRam on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 11:47 am

    TotalTrash wrote:Has anybody been watching Luther?
    It's a bit trashy, but the last two have been great and hopefully the finale will bring it all together.

    I have. Missed the last one as I was out. Could anyone fill me in please? Dunno

    I really like it to be honest. The one where that bloke held that woman in a freezer - he was one creepy mo' fo'.
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11270
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13675
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 11:52 am

    Luther is brilliant.

    On Monday his colleague Ian turned out to be dodgy, he was involved with a kidnapping that went wrong where somebody got killed, he tried to shoot luther to hide his guilt and when he failed he went round and shot Zoe (Luthers ex wife), he then framed Luther for the murder, and it ended with Luther running out of the house before the cops came and arrested.

    Obviously there was much more to it, as it lasted an hour but why don't you try watching it on I player?
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10251
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11265
    Age : 54
    Location : Derby

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Mucker1884 on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 12:10 pm

    Don't watch a great deal to be honest, particularly through the summer months. However, was watching summat the other week, and there was a horrible crackling noise coming from the speakers. It disappeared without a trace, but since we got back off hols last weekend, it's been playing up big time.......

    RESULT!!!

    Happy new wide screen HD LCD LED UHT(!) flat screen thingy for me this weekend..........C'mon England!!!!

    :woo: :woo: :woo:
    avatar
    JoetheRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Points : 5519
    Age : 25

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by JoetheRam on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 12:11 pm

    Good idea! My computer runs really slow though so it might take a while to download, but i'll give it a go.

    The guy who plays Luther is a quality actor.
    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 42
    Location : Derby

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Igor-is-god on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 12:28 pm

    Result with the new goggle box Mucker!

    Have to say I enjoyed 'Going Postal' on Sky 1. It wasn't as good as the book but was worth it for Clare Foy

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Guest on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 1:19 pm

    Loughborough Ram wrote:Luther is brilliant.

    On Monday his colleague Ian turned out to be dodgy, he was involved with a kidnapping that went wrong where somebody got killed, he tried to shoot luther to hide his guilt and when he failed he went round and shot Zoe (Luthers ex wife), he then framed Luther for the murder, and it ended with Luther running out of the house before the cops came and arrested.

    Obviously there was much more to it, as it lasted an hour but why don't you try watching it on I player?

    I don't need to now, do I? :D
    avatar
    robtheglostaram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03
    Points : 12737
    Age : 31
    Location : Cambridge

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by robtheglostaram on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 2:03 pm

    Igor-is-god wrote:Result with the new goggle box Mucker!

    Have to say I enjoyed 'Going Postal' on Sky 1. It wasn't as good as the book but was worth it for Clare Foy

    I loved the book, read it last year on holiday and since have really taken to Terry Pratchett. I'm no big Sci-Fi fan but his work lets the imagination run wild.

    Will watch the TV interpretation online tonight.
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11270
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13675
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 4:23 pm

    PragueAndy wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Luther is brilliant.

    On Monday his colleague Ian turned out to be dodgy, he was involved with a kidnapping that went wrong where somebody got killed, he tried to shoot luther to hide his guilt and when he failed he went round and shot Zoe (Luthers ex wife), he then framed Luther for the murder, and it ended with Luther running out of the house before the cops came and arrested.

    Obviously there was much more to it, as it lasted an hour but why don't you try watching it on I player?

    I don't need to now, do I? :D

    Oooops sorry Andy Embarassed . It was only a very vague potted history to be fair so it would still be worth watching.
    avatar
    Tilly

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2009-04-11
    Points : 1614

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Tilly on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 7:25 pm

    robtheglostaram wrote:
    Igor-is-god wrote:Result with the new goggle box Mucker!

    Have to say I enjoyed 'Going Postal' on Sky 1. It wasn't as good as the book but was worth it for Clare Foy

    I loved the book, read it last year on holiday and since have really taken to Terry Pratchett. I'm no big Sci-Fi fan but his work lets the imagination run wild.

    Will watch the TV interpretation online tonight.

    Have you read Unseen Academicals? The important thing about football is that it's not about football.
    avatar
    Bedlam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : V Spurs away 1972 won 0-1 Gladys scored If I remember correctly
    Number of posts : 7332
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 7505
    Age : 55
    Location : Krakatoa, East of Java

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Bedlam on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 9:41 pm

    Tilly wrote:
    robtheglostaram wrote:
    Igor-is-god wrote:Result with the new goggle box Mucker!

    Have to say I enjoyed 'Going Postal' on Sky 1. It wasn't as good as the book but was worth it for Clare Foy

    I loved the book, read it last year on holiday and since have really taken to Terry Pratchett. I'm no big Sci-Fi fan but his work lets the imagination run wild.

    Will watch the TV interpretation online tonight.

    Have you read Unseen Academicals? The important thing about football is that it's not about football.
    Have you read Making Money the sequel to Going Postal?
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23116
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27732
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by New England Ram on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 9:52 pm

    Tom and Jerry



    avatar
    robtheglostaram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03
    Points : 12737
    Age : 31
    Location : Cambridge

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by robtheglostaram on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 10:08 pm

    Says it all:

    I'm watching Genius of Britain, come on here and the Missis changes channel to Eastenders..
    avatar
    Tilly

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2009-04-11
    Points : 1614

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Tilly on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 11:01 pm

    I've got every Terry Pratchett book published. He's one of my favourite writers.

    And Genuis of Britain has been a really really good series.

    AlvoRAM

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 95
    First ever game : Barnsley 95
    Number of posts : 6285
    Registration date : 2010-03-24
    Points : 6650
    Age : 34
    Location : Alvaston

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by AlvoRAM on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 7:56 am

    Bedlam wrote:
    Tilly wrote:
    robtheglostaram wrote:
    Igor-is-god wrote:Result with the new goggle box Mucker!

    Have to say I enjoyed 'Going Postal' on Sky 1. It wasn't as good as the book but was worth it for Clare Foy

    I loved the book, read it last year on holiday and since have really taken to Terry Pratchett. I'm no big Sci-Fi fan but his work lets the imagination run wild.

    Will watch the TV interpretation online tonight.

    Have you read Unseen Academicals? The important thing about football is that it's not about football.
    Have you read Making Money the sequel to Going Postal?

    If anybody missed this and wants to see it, it's still on Sky Anytime, or was a couple of nights ago when I looked.

    Sponsored content

    Re: What are you watching?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri 19 Jan 2018, 11:41 pm