COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by Guest on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 9:06 am

    It was a close one but, after a year of chipping away at the hearts and minds of the CYORs membership, coupled with a heartfelt and excellent post about the return of his son (who is much more popular than the other prodigal son associated with Derby County at the moment, it must be said) it gives me the pleasure to announce the winner of the March 2010 Come On You Rams Poster Of The Month Award Sponsored by AXA as.....



    Mucker, who scored 59% of the vote against equally worthy nominee RRC's 43%. Congratulations lady and gent, at least this was an interesting dual of equals rather than the farce that Player of the Month has become. Hip Hip....


    Last edited by Yojimbo on Sun 11 Apr 2010, 8:55 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Gender confusion! Sorry RRC...)
    avatar
    Li 150
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 17391
    Age : 28
    Location : Germany

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by Li 150 on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 9:15 am

    Does that put him through to the next round of votes?




    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by Guest on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 9:22 am

    Well isn't poster of the season going to be between all the people who won the individual month awards? like Goal of the Season?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by Guest on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 11:02 am

    Noo, i think Poster of the Year should be same as Poster of the MOnth and we just start again.

    And it's very odd the way that whoever I vote for wins everytime Dunno
    avatar
    JoetheRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Points : 5519
    Age : 25

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by JoetheRam on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 11:55 am

    Just so you know Mucker, I voted for RRC. ne ne ne ne ne
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10233
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11247
    Age : 54
    Location : Derby

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by Mucker1884 on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 12:04 pm

    JoetheRam wrote:Just so you know Mucker, I voted for RRC. ne ne ne ne ne


    For obvious reason's, I abstained.
    Had I have voted, with the options available, I would have joined you, Joe.....Good choice! ;)
    avatar
    Barnstaple Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10213
    Registration date : 2009-07-09
    Points : 12049
    Age : 49
    Location : In front of my computer

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by Barnstaple Ram on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 4:06 pm

    Yeh Mucker :f_appl10.gif:
    avatar
    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14507
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 15930
    Age : 49
    Location : Belper

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by chicken on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 5:00 pm

    :f_appl10.gif: for Mucker
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10233
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11247
    Age : 54
    Location : Derby

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by Mucker1884 on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 5:45 pm

    A big thanks to all, whether you voted or not.

    This is all a bit humbling if I'm honest, but very much appreciated.

    When I joined this forum last summer, this sort of thing never even entered my head, but having been nominated in my first month, it has got more and more appealing!

    I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on here, and would like to think I have made a few new friends too.

    Coupled with everything else that's going on at the moment, I can only say that all is good in my life right now, although I apologise to those who prefer our poster's to be a bit more articulate, informative and opinionated. But I suppose that's the good thing about this place....there's something for everyone.....and long may that continue. :f_appl10.gif:

    I'm off to cap a great week tonight, as my boy is in Derby and we're throwing a surprise party for him. I will be with our 3 kids and my four sister's, something which hasn't happened for probably 10 years or more, so a big celebration all round!

    For those of you kind enough to offer my boy a drink on his safe return from war, thanks again. I'll get 'em in tonight, and you can reimburse me at the next meet!! :roflmao:

    Finally, my one disappointment in all this is that the very man that invited me over here (and, thankfully, dragged me away from the DET in the process :affraid:) hasn't been around for a few weeks now, and sadly seems to have missed my 'finest hour'.
    Wherever you are, Mark, thanks again for the invite, and I sincerely hope all is well with you and your's, and that a return is imminent. Thumbs up

    So, three cheers for this wonderful forum of ours and Up the Rams.

    :fb11: :fb11: :fb11: :rams:
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15715
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19371

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by RRC on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 5:58 pm

    Congrats, Mucker, you deserved it - I voted for you :D



    avatar
    Bedlam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : V Spurs away 1972 won 0-1 Gladys scored If I remember correctly
    Number of posts : 7332
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 7505
    Age : 55
    Location : Krakatoa, East of Java

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by Bedlam on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 6:04 pm

    Yojimbo wrote:It was a close one but, after a year of chipping away at the hearts and minds of the CYORs membership, coupled with a heartfelt and excellent post about the return of his son (who is much more popular than the other prodigal son associated with Derby County at the moment, it must be said) it gives me the pleasure to announce the winner of the March 2010 Come On You Rams Poster Of The Month Award Sponsored by AXA as.....



    Mucker, who scored 59% of the vote against equally worthy nominee RRC's 43%. Congratulations gents, at least this was an interesting dual of equals rather than the farce that Player of the Month has become. Hip Hip....

    I think you meant lady and Gent?



    Top Tip...
    PEOPLE IN lifts. If Bruce Willis gets in wearing a vest and no shoes, exit the lift at the earliest opportunity.
    avatar
    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14507
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 15930
    Age : 49
    Location : Belper

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by chicken on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 6:49 pm

    Mucker1884 wrote:A big thanks to all, whether you voted or not.

    This is all a bit humbling if I'm honest, but very much appreciated.

    When I joined this forum last summer, this sort of thing never even entered my head, but having been nominated in my first month, it has got more and more appealing!

    I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on here, and would like to think I have made a few new friends too.

    Coupled with everything else that's going on at the moment, I can only say that all is good in my life right now, although I apologise to those who prefer our poster's to be a bit more articulate, informative and opinionated. But I suppose that's the good thing about this place....there's something for everyone.....and long may that continue. :f_appl10.gif:

    I'm off to cap a great week tonight, as my boy is in Derby and we're throwing a surprise party for him. I will be with our 3 kids and my four sister's, something which hasn't happened for probably 10 years or more, so a big celebration all round!

    For those of you kind enough to offer my boy a drink on his safe return from war, thanks again. I'll get 'em in tonight, and you can reimburse me at the next meet!! :roflmao:

    Finally, my one disappointment in all this is that the very man that invited me over here (and, thankfully, dragged me away from the DET in the process :affraid:) hasn't been around for a few weeks now, and sadly seems to have missed my 'finest hour'.
    Wherever you are, Mark, thanks again for the invite, and I sincerely hope all is well with you and your's, and that a return is imminent. Thumbs up

    So, three cheers for this wonderful forum of ours and Up the Rams.

    :fb11: :fb11: :fb11: :rams:

    Love to your son Mucker, and please buy him a drink from me!
    avatar
    Charingworth Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : Liverpool home won 2-0 1974
    Number of posts : 9224
    Registration date : 2009-02-22
    Points : 9517
    Age : 47
    Location : Rams World

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by Charingworth Ram on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 7:02 pm

    You so deserve the award Mucker , you are one of the soundest guys i have met ( apart from Barney ) and i am glad you post on this forum Thumbs up



    avatar
    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14507
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 15930
    Age : 49
    Location : Belper

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by chicken on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 7:07 pm

    Charingworth Ram wrote:You so deserve the award Mucker , you are one of the soundest guys i have met ( apart from Barney ) and i am glad you post on this forum Thumbs up

    :f_appl10.gif: I'd agree with that too
    avatar
    mace

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 5865
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Points : 7339

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by mace on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 7:12 pm

    chicken wrote:
    Charingworth Ram wrote:You so deserve the award Mucker , you are one of the soundest guys i have met ( apart from Barney ) and i am glad you post on this forum Thumbs up

    :f_appl10.gif: I'd agree with that too

    Well feck you 2 then, ne ne ne ne ne
    avatar
    rjrules71

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4243
    Registration date : 2009-05-15
    Points : 5277
    Age : 60
    Location : donington sur le mire

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by rjrules71 on Sat 10 Apr 2010, 7:27 pm

    Congrats Mucker


    A top win for a top bloke


    The RJ's



    Every man dies, not every man truly lives.

    Braveheart

    Sponsored content

    Re: Poster of the Month - March Winner

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 3:16 am