COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Recommend Me A Film

    Share
    avatar
    robtheglostaram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03
    Points : 12737
    Age : 31
    Location : Cambridge

    Recommend Me A Film

    Post by robtheglostaram on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 2:45 pm

    As I'm on a bit of a download session (legal of course), recommend me one film that you hold in very high regard.

    It can be any genre, age etc. All opinions are valued!
    avatar
    M.M

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Derby vs Hearts ages ago 4-4
    Number of posts : 3257
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 3294
    Age : 26
    Location : Nottingham

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by M.M on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 2:47 pm

    Enemy At The Gates

    WW2 Film made about 10 years ago about a sniper (played by Jude Law) in Russia, very good film.
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23218
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27845
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by New England Ram on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 2:50 pm

    Shallow Grave



    avatar
    mozram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1987
    First ever game : Wimbledon 1988
    Number of posts : 529
    Registration date : 2009-11-26
    Points : 581
    Age : 42
    Location : Burton

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by mozram on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 2:53 pm

    Westworld, what a classic.
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10288
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11311
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by Mucker1884 on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 2:54 pm

    Mary Poppins goes down well.


    So much better than the original! ;)
    avatar
    Charingworth Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : Liverpool home won 2-0 1974
    Number of posts : 9224
    Registration date : 2009-02-22
    Points : 9517
    Age : 48
    Location : Rams World

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by Charingworth Ram on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 3:01 pm

    robtheglostaram wrote:As I'm on a bit of a download session (legal of course), recommend me one film that you hold in very high regard.

    It can be any genre, age etc. All opinions are valued!

    Midnight Express ... feckin class

    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14642
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16100

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by chicken on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 3:05 pm

    Gladiator
    avatar
    JoetheRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Points : 5519
    Age : 25

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by JoetheRam on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 3:19 pm

    Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas and Clockwork Orange are my 3 favourite films, so i'd recommend them.
    avatar
    Cornish Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : Sheff Wed at home, 25/10/89 - Won 2-1.
    Number of posts : 1870
    Registration date : 2009-03-14
    Points : 2046
    Age : 35
    Location : Bristol

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by Cornish Ram on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 3:20 pm

    Old Boy.

    avatar
    101

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1995
    First ever game : vs Tranmere Rovers 1995
    Number of posts : 1334
    Registration date : 2009-04-07
    Points : 1447
    Location : Ilkeston/Lincoln

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by 101 on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 4:03 pm

    Dirty Debs does it again
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23218
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27845
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by New England Ram on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 4:06 pm

    The Damned County United.



    avatar
    Charingworth Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : Liverpool home won 2-0 1974
    Number of posts : 9224
    Registration date : 2009-02-22
    Points : 9517
    Age : 48
    Location : Rams World

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by Charingworth Ram on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 4:50 pm

    avatar
    Li 150
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 17391
    Age : 28
    Location : Germany

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by Li 150 on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 4:52 pm

    Mucker1884 wrote:Mary Poppins goes down well.


    So much better than the original! ;)
    I just love a woman that can do that!!

    as for fillums I love a good moral
    So 12 angry men
    an inspector called
    this wonderful life

    in colour
    killing fields
    airplane
    street dancer 3d- but that's more a life style choice



    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23218
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27845
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by New England Ram on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 5:00 pm

    Glengarry Glen Ross



    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10288
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11311
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by Mucker1884 on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 6:24 pm

    Err I quite really enjoyed that Code Red thingy, with that very famous actor bloke in it. (Court/US military thing...you know the one?)

    Don't know if it's a great film for proper movie buffs, but certainly one of my favourites.

    Dunno


    EDIT: Happened to catch a Bob Hoskins film the other night, about some kung fu lad who thought he was a dog.......that could play the piano, would you believe!!

    Oh, that's not a recommendation btw....it was 5hite!


    Last edited by Mucker1884 on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    swadieram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 1242
    Registration date : 2009-04-22
    Points : 1624
    Age : 60
    Location : Sunny Swad

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by swadieram on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 6:27 pm

    Life of Brian
    ronin
    avatar
    Bedlam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : V Spurs away 1972 won 0-1 Gladys scored If I remember correctly
    Number of posts : 7332
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 7505
    Age : 56
    Location : Krakatoa, East of Java

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by Bedlam on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 6:28 pm

    Brazil or if you're going out of business, Ghostbusters.

    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14642
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16100

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by chicken on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 6:41 pm

    Mucker1884 wrote:Err I quite really enjoyed that Code Red thingy, with that very famous actor bloke in it. (Court/US military thing...you know the one?)

    Don't know if it's a great film for proper movie buffs, but certainly one of my favourites.

    Dunno


    EDIT: Happened to catch a Bob Hoskins film the other night, about some kung fu lad who thought he was a dog.......that could play the piano, would you believe!!

    Oh, that's not a recommendation btw....it was 5hite!



    :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16054
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19988

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by RRC on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 9:50 pm

    United 93 - the story of the plane that didn't crash into the Twin Towers

    All-time favourite comedies - Arsenic and Old Lace - Kind Hearts and Coronets

    So many old favourites - other Ealing comedies, Marx Brothers movies, Hitchcock films



    avatar
    Calif_Ramette

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2722
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 2938
    Age : 40
    Location : Weed, CA USofA

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by Calif_Ramette on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 10:12 pm

    United 93 was awesome! I was watching Gettysburg last night if you want to see Americans killing Americans. Great movie about the Civil War.
    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 43
    Location : Derby

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by Igor-is-god on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 10:57 pm

    Calif_Ramette wrote:United 93 was awesome! I was watching Gettysburg last night if you want to see Americans killing Americans. Great movie about the Civil War.

    Yeah I like Gettysburg as well - The book is better though The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara

    Or if you fancy some East meets West detective action with a touch of comedy - 'Rising Sun' with Sean Connery, Wesley Snipes, Harvey Keitel - quality.


    avatar
    Calif_Ramette

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2722
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 2938
    Age : 40
    Location : Weed, CA USofA

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by Calif_Ramette on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 11:03 pm

    Igor-is-god wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:United 93 was awesome! I was watching Gettysburg last night if you want to see Americans killing Americans. Great movie about the Civil War.

    Yeah I like Gettysburg as well - The book is better though The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara

    Or if you fancy some East meets West detective action with a touch of comedy - 'Rising Sun' with Sean Connery, Wesley Snipes, Harvey Keitel - quality.



    have you read the sequel and prequiel to Gettysburg? Gods and Generals and Last Full Devotion. Both are just as good as Killer Angels.
    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 43
    Location : Derby

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by Igor-is-god on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 11:11 pm

    Calif_Ramette wrote:
    Igor-is-god wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:United 93 was awesome! I was watching Gettysburg last night if you want to see Americans killing Americans. Great movie about the Civil War.

    Yeah I like Gettysburg as well - The book is better though The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara

    Or if you fancy some East meets West detective action with a touch of comedy - 'Rising Sun' with Sean Connery, Wesley Snipes, Harvey Keitel - quality.



    have you read the sequel and prequiel to Gettysburg? Gods and Generals and Last Full Devotion. Both are just as good as Killer Angels.


    I've got the film of Gods and Generals never got around to looking out the book for some reason. Don't know why.

    US Civil War is a bit of a pet subject of mine. I'm currently ploughing my way through Shelby Foote...for the second time.
    avatar
    LeedsRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : some time when I was three
    Number of posts : 1352
    Registration date : 2009-07-21
    Points : 1497

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by LeedsRam on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 11:52 pm

    In Bruges
    Everything is Illuminated

    Everyone can get these for the princely sum of £2.99 each off the interweb from play or hmv.
    If you haven't seen them do so.
    avatar
    robtheglostaram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03
    Points : 12737
    Age : 31
    Location : Cambridge

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by robtheglostaram on Mon 23 Aug 2010, 11:53 pm

    In Bruges is excellent. I've just ordered American History X off of Amazon for 3 quid.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Recommend Me A Film

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri 20 Apr 2018, 5:21 pm