COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    anyone fancy a beer then??

    Share
    avatar
    Barnstaple Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10255
    Registration date : 2009-07-09
    Points : 12098
    Age : 50
    Location : In front of my computer

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by Barnstaple Ram on Wed 13 Oct 2010, 8:56 pm

    Barnsta Pie wrote:
    mace wrote:
    Barnstaple Ram wrote:
    Barnsta Pie wrote:
    mace wrote:im afraid i wont be able to attend .

    Can't you throw a sicky Mace? I will make it worth your while :whis:

    And what do you mean by that? :affraid:
    OMG that an offer i cant refuse :luv: If not meet you by the frozen peas in the co op tues morning babe.

    I'll be there about 9.15 , can't wait :luv:

    Might have to take Tuesday off work and stakeout my local Co-OP then
    avatar
    Tilly

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2009-04-11
    Points : 1614

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by Tilly on Wed 13 Oct 2010, 10:56 pm

    I won't be able to make the pre-match drinks. My mum and sister are in San Francisco for my brother's wedding and they've given their tickets to my other sister who hates me. So I'm on my best behaviour on Saturday and that means no alcohol. 😢
    avatar
    mace

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 5865
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Points : 7339

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by mace on Thu 14 Oct 2010, 12:11 am

    Barnstaple Ram wrote:
    Barnsta Pie wrote:
    mace wrote:
    Barnstaple Ram wrote:
    Barnsta Pie wrote:
    mace wrote:im afraid i wont be able to attend .

    Can't you throw a sicky Mace? I will make it worth your while :whis:

    And what do you mean by that? :affraid:
    OMG that an offer i cant refuse :luv: If not meet you by the frozen peas in the co op tues morning babe.

    I'll be there about 9.15 , can't wait :luv:

    Might have to take Tuesday off work and stakeout my local Co-OP then
    I know your idea of a steak out.



    avatar
    mace

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 5865
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Points : 7339

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by mace on Thu 14 Oct 2010, 12:12 am

    Tilly wrote:I won't be able to make the pre-match drinks. My mum and sister are in San Francisco for my brother's wedding and they've given their tickets to my other sister who hates me. So I'm on my best behaviour on Saturday and that means no alcohol. 😢
    Ah Bless babe i love you :f_hug10.gif:
    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 43
    Location : Derby

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by Igor-is-god on Thu 14 Oct 2010, 6:26 am

    mace wrote:
    Barnstaple Ram wrote:
    Barnsta Pie wrote:
    mace wrote:
    Barnstaple Ram wrote:
    Barnsta Pie wrote:
    mace wrote:im afraid i wont be able to attend .

    Can't you throw a sicky Mace? I will make it worth your while :whis:

    And what do you mean by that? :affraid:
    OMG that an offer i cant refuse :luv: If not meet you by the frozen peas in the co op tues morning babe.

    I'll be there about 9.15 , can't wait :luv:

    Might have to take Tuesday off work and stakeout my local Co-OP then
    I know your idea of a steak out.


    T-Bone Steak, chips and...toast?!? Anyone else find that odd?
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11313
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by Mucker1884 on Thu 14 Oct 2010, 9:17 am

    Yes mate, that was my first thought too! Dunno


    I can only guess it's somebody's breakfast!! :affraid:
    avatar
    Barnstaple Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10255
    Registration date : 2009-07-09
    Points : 12098
    Age : 50
    Location : In front of my computer

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by Barnstaple Ram on Thu 14 Oct 2010, 8:55 pm

    Breakfast, lunch, supper , midnight snack

    Steak is Steak
    avatar
    M.M

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Derby vs Hearts ages ago 4-4
    Number of posts : 3257
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 3294
    Age : 26
    Location : Nottingham

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by M.M on Thu 14 Oct 2010, 9:22 pm

    Quick question, which may sound stupid- how do you make steak? I had a real craving for steak and chips today, but I realised I didnt have a clue how to go about it. In the end I just had 8 yorkshire puddings and chilli con carne sauce.

    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14694
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16155

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by chicken on Thu 14 Oct 2010, 10:05 pm

    M.M wrote:Quick question, which may sound stupid- how do you make steak? I had a real craving for steak and chips today, but I realised I didnt have a clue how to go about it. In the end I just had 8 yorkshire puddings and chilli con carne sauce.

    Grow yourself a cow???? Dunno

    avatar
    M.M

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Derby vs Hearts ages ago 4-4
    Number of posts : 3257
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 3294
    Age : 26
    Location : Nottingham

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by M.M on Thu 14 Oct 2010, 10:12 pm

    chicken wrote:
    M.M wrote:Quick question, which may sound stupid- how do you make steak? I had a real craving for steak and chips today, but I realised I didnt have a clue how to go about it. In the end I just had 8 yorkshire puddings and chilli con carne sauce.

    Grow yourself a cow???? Dunno


    Yeah but, is it just beef on a grill, or what?
    avatar
    robtheglostaram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03
    Points : 12737
    Age : 32
    Location : Cambridge

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by robtheglostaram on Thu 14 Oct 2010, 10:43 pm

    You just grill a beef steak? Surely?
    avatar
    rjrules71

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4416
    Registration date : 2009-05-15
    Points : 5478
    Age : 61
    Location : donington sur le mire

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by rjrules71 on Fri 15 Oct 2010, 12:14 am




    GO to Asda buy the biggest mo fo one of these you can find

    Place on a pre heated grill and cook steadily

    Stick on a plate with a pallet of chips

    Add mushrooms, onion rings etc as required.

    I find a couple of glasses of a nice Merlot helps it down too.

    enjoy
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11313
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by Mucker1884 on Fri 15 Oct 2010, 6:00 am

    M.M wrote:Quick question, which may sound stupid- how do you make steak?




    Seriously, MM.....have you dyed your hair!!!


    :smi1:
    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 43
    Location : Derby

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by Igor-is-god on Fri 15 Oct 2010, 6:55 am

    rjrules71 wrote:


    GO to Asda buy the biggest mo fo one of these you can find

    Place on a pre heated grill and cook steadily

    Stick on a plate with a pallet of chips

    Add mushrooms, onion rings etc as required.

    I find a couple of glasses of a nice Merlot helps it down too.

    enjoy

    Don't forget the toast...
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11313
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by Mucker1884 on Sun 17 Oct 2010, 12:42 pm

    Well, just like to say I enjoyed me'sen Friday.
    Rather select little gathering, if I may say so!
    All in all, another good COYR's meet up.....and my headaches gone now, so cheers!

    :fb11:

    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14694
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16155

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by chicken on Sun 17 Oct 2010, 1:52 pm

    Mucker1884 wrote:Well, just like to say I enjoyed me'sen Friday.
    Rather select little gathering, if I may say so!
    All in all, another good COYR's meet up.....and my headaches gone now, so cheers!

    :fb11:

    I enjoyed me'sen too!!

    AlvoRAM

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 95
    First ever game : Barnsley 95
    Number of posts : 6285
    Registration date : 2010-03-24
    Points : 6650
    Age : 34
    Location : Alvaston

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by AlvoRAM on Sun 17 Oct 2010, 2:23 pm

    Admit it you two, it was rubbish, you had a horrible time, because I wasn't there!
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11313
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by Mucker1884 on Sun 17 Oct 2010, 2:37 pm

    AlvoRAM wrote:Admit it you two, it was rubbish, you had a horrible time, because I wasn't there!


    Actually mate, I remember, at one awkwardly quiet moment, I did actually say "Where's Alvo? I thought he would've been here."

    Every one else just sort of shrugged, and mumbled "Who?"

    :whis:

    AlvoRAM

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 95
    First ever game : Barnsley 95
    Number of posts : 6285
    Registration date : 2010-03-24
    Points : 6650
    Age : 34
    Location : Alvaston

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by AlvoRAM on Sun 17 Oct 2010, 2:53 pm

    HA

    bet the conversation went more like this...

    Mucker "Where's Alvo, was worried he'd be here"

    Chicken "Dunno, glad he isn't though"

    Barney "I'm not, I was relying on him to make me look slim"

    Igor "Well I agree with chicken, I lost count of how many pints I brought him last time, cost me a bomb"

    Li (picking himself up off the floor) "Who is Alvo?"

    Igor "You don't want to know Li, anyway, I'm off home, I've got a cricket match tomorrow."

    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14694
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16155

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by chicken on Sun 17 Oct 2010, 4:19 pm

    AlvoRAM wrote:HA

    bet the conversation went more like this...

    Mucker "Where's Alvo, was worried he'd be here"

    Chicken "Dunno, glad he isn't though"

    Barney "I'm not, I was relying on him to make me look slim"

    Igor "Well I agree with chicken, I lost count of how many pints I brought him last time, cost me a bomb"

    Li (picking himself up off the floor) "Who is Alvo?"

    Igor "You don't want to know Li, anyway, I'm off home, I've got a cricket match tomorrow."

    WOW! Were you there?
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11313
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by Mucker1884 on Sun 17 Oct 2010, 4:45 pm

    chicken wrote:
    AlvoRAM wrote:HA

    bet the conversation went more like this...

    Mucker "Where's Alvo, was worried he'd be here"

    Chicken "Dunno, glad he isn't though"

    Barney "I'm not, I was relying on him to make me look slim"

    Igor "Well I agree with chicken, I lost count of how many pints I brought him last time, cost me a bomb"

    Li (picking himself up off the floor) "Who is Alvo?"

    Igor "You don't want to know Li, anyway, I'm off home, I've got a cricket match tomorrow."

    WOW! Were you there?


    WOW indeed. That's uncanny.....in fact it's unnervingly freaky!! :affraid:
    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 43
    Location : Derby

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by Igor-is-god on Sun 17 Oct 2010, 4:58 pm

    Dont be silly, Cricket season is over... :roll:
    avatar
    Barnstaple Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10255
    Registration date : 2009-07-09
    Points : 12098
    Age : 50
    Location : In front of my computer

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by Barnstaple Ram on Sun 17 Oct 2010, 5:37 pm

    Mucker1884 wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    AlvoRAM wrote:HA

    bet the conversation went more like this...

    Mucker "Where's Alvo, was worried he'd be here"

    Chicken "Dunno, glad he isn't though"

    Barney "I'm not, I was relying on him to make me look slim"

    Igor "Well I agree with chicken, I lost count of how many pints I brought him last time, cost me a bomb"

    Li (picking himself up off the floor) "Who is Alvo?"

    Igor "You don't want to know Li, anyway, I'm off home, I've got a cricket match tomorrow."

    WOW! Were you there?


    WOW indeed. That's uncanny.....in fact it's unnervingly freaky!! :affraid:

    Maybe Alvo was disguised as that bloke thta kept walking passed us to the loo (or possibly the bloke in the really red shirt)

    Sponsored content

    Re: anyone fancy a beer then??

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed 19 Sep 2018, 4:27 pm