COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Please help stop my paranoia........

    Share
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11313
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Mucker1884 on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 12:52 pm

    Okay, here's the deal....

    I'm starting to get a little nervous now!
    I'm feeling vulnerable here, 72, yes 72! pairs of eyes looking over my shoulder, reading wot I writted, but no replies.

    No opinions, no jokes, no stats, no introductions, no reminiscences, no predictions....No NUTTIN!!


    And they're not friendly eye's either...not yet at least! They are stranger's eyes. I can feel their glare, but there is no warmth!!!


    Now you can't all be shy! So come on in....the water's lovely!!

    If you don't wanna start your own thread, come on this one.

    Tell us as much or as little as you feel comfortable with, but tell us something!!


    Why are you here?
    Is it because you love DCFC? Then tell us.
    Is it because you have no friends? Then come on in and make some.
    Is it because you are shy? Well, there's no need to be....we can be very welcoming, if you give us a chance.
    Is it because you don't have a computer? Well, erm, forget that one!
    Is it because you are scared? Just keep your made up name, and don't tell the Master where you live, and you'll be perfectly safe....ish!
    Is it because you are a bit nervous?......BOO!
    Is it because you are a girl? Hey, listen, we do girls. Even some of the men on here are girls at heart!
    Is it because you feel inadequate? Well, (to the guys only, btw!) Mace's penis is only 9.5 inches long, when limp, and he still posts on here, so what is there to feel inadequate about?
    Is it because you feel superior? Don't worry....you will be, trust me!


    Listen Look, just give it a go...we don't bite. There's something for everyone, with the little hook of DCFC connecting each and everyone of us.


    Don't get to your death bed's regretting the missed opportunity.

    The time is now, the opportunity is here.

    As that annoying t*at on the PPS mic say's........

    COME ON YOU RAAAAAMS!!


    Last edited by Mucker1884 on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : does it matter why I edited? Bloody hell, stop going on about it!)
    avatar
    JoetheRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Points : 5519
    Age : 26

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by JoetheRam on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 1:07 pm

    "YOU BEAUTY!"

    Sorry, any mention of the Pride Park mic guy just makes me want to say that in the most North Derbyshire accent I can muster.

    Carry on...
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11313
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Mucker1884 on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 1:20 pm

    JoetheRam wrote:"YOU BEAUTY!"

    Sorry, any mention of the Pride Park mic guy just makes me want to say that in the most North Derbyshire accent I can muster.

    Carry on...

    :lol!:

    Yes that's the one Joe...oh, and that's how you spell mic, is it? I'll edit accordingly!! Embarassed

    And as you say, Carry on newbies/zero postie's.........
    avatar
    Tilly

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 1552
    Registration date : 2009-04-11
    Points : 1614

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Tilly on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 2:26 pm

    Mucker1884 wrote:
    Is it because you are a girl? Hey, listen, we do girls.

    :affraid:
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11313
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Mucker1884 on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 2:36 pm

    Tilly wrote:
    Mucker1884 wrote: Is it because you are a girl? Hey, listen, we do girls.
    :affraid:




    I'm getting quite good at these computer games now!!
































    avatar
    robtheglostaram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03
    Points : 12737
    Age : 32
    Location : Cambridge

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by robtheglostaram on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 7:14 pm

    :hijak:
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16149
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 20159

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by RRC on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 7:19 pm

    120 new posters have joined the forum lately but where are you?

    You can see that the natives are friendly, so why not talk to us?

    Any subject will do - please just take the plunge and join in... Thumbs up



    avatar
    Li 150
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 17391
    Age : 28
    Location : Germany

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Li 150 on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 7:22 pm

    Well I shall be having a cull pretty soon
    No posties no membership
    it's a forum not a newspaper


    Shall we make the forum a members only can read, again



    avatar
    Bedlam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : V Spurs away 1972 won 0-1 Gladys scored If I remember correctly
    Number of posts : 7332
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 7505
    Age : 56
    Location : Krakatoa, East of Java

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Bedlam on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 7:22 pm

    Tilly wrote:
    Mucker1884 wrote:
    Is it because you are a girl? Hey, listen, we do girls.

    :affraid:
    what do we do to them??? and does it involve a certain German cellar?
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11313
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Mucker1884 on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 7:33 pm

    Li 150 wrote:Well I shall be having a cull pretty soon
    No posties no membership
    it's a forum not a newspaper


    Shall we make the forum a members only can read, again


    Have I read that right?
    They are members aren't they?....72 of 'em...all on zero posts!

    Come on you guy's and gals.........give us a sign!.......is anybody there?
    avatar
    mace

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 5865
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Points : 7339

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by mace on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 7:42 pm

    Mucker1884 wrote:Okay, here's the deal....

    I'm starting to get a little nervous now!
    I'm feeling vulnerable here, 72, yes 72! pairs of eyes looking over my shoulder, reading wot I writted, but no replies.

    No opinions, no jokes, no stats, no introductions, no reminiscences, no predictions....No NUTTIN!!


    And they're not friendly eye's either...not yet at least! They are stranger's eyes. I can feel their glare, but there is no warmth!!!


    Now you can't all be shy! So come on in....the water's lovely!!

    If you don't wanna start your own thread, come on this one.

    Tell us as much or as little as you feel comfortable with, but tell us something!!


    Why are you here?
    Is it because you love DCFC? Then tell us.
    Is it because you have no friends? Then come on in and make some.
    Is it because you are shy? Well, there's no need to be....we can be very welcoming, if you give us a chance.
    Is it because you don't have a computer? Well, erm, forget that one!
    Is it because you are scared? Just keep your made up name, and don't tell the Master where you live, and you'll be perfectly safe....ish!
    Is it because you are a bit nervous?......BOO!
    Is it because you are a girl? Hey, listen, we do girls. Even some of the men on here are girls at heart!
    Is it because you feel inadequate? Well, (to the guys only, btw!) Mace's penis is only 9.5 inches long, when limp, and he still posts on here, so what is there to feel inadequate about?
    Is it because you feel superior? Don't worry....you will be, trust me!


    Listen Look, just give it a go...we don't bite. There's something for everyone, with the little hook of DCFC connecting each and everyone of us.


    Don't get to your death bed's regretting the missed opportunity.

    The time is now, the opportunity is here.

    As that annoying t*at on the PPS mic say's........

    COME ON YOU RAAAAAMS!!

    What a great post Mucker, well one bit is dont hurt to advertise now does it.
    avatar
    mace

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 5865
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Points : 7339

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by mace on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 7:43 pm

    Li 150 wrote:Well I shall be having a cull pretty soon
    No posties no membership
    it's a forum not a newspaper


    Shall we make the forum a members only can read, again
    YES
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16149
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 20159

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by RRC on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 7:57 pm

    mace wrote:
    Li 150 wrote:Well I shall be having a cull pretty soon
    No posties no membership
    it's a forum not a newspaper


    Shall we make the forum a members only can read, again
    YES
    YES

    close the forum to non-members - give the new members little while to start posting - then cull those who don't post




    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14680
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16141

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by chicken on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 7:58 pm

    RRC wrote:
    mace wrote:
    Li 150 wrote:Well I shall be having a cull pretty soon
    No posties no membership
    it's a forum not a newspaper


    Shall we make the forum a members only can read, again
    YES
    YES

    close the forum to non-members - give the new members little while to start posting - then cull those who don't post

    Yes
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11313
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Mucker1884 on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 8:06 pm

    Right....gotcha now.........yes from me too then!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Guest on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 7:06 pm

    Think all the "yes's" are a tad mean. Surely they'll post when they're ready?
    I read all sorts of threads before I posted, is there anything wrong with that folks?



    avatar
    Li 150
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 17391
    Age : 28
    Location : Germany

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Li 150 on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 7:25 pm

    I agree lady, it's always a good idea to look around a forum first before jumping in & the realising it ain't what you thought it was before you did any thinking.

    is a bit annoying that people join up & never post, but then if all they posted was mouth poo (trying not to use sweary words) then it's best they didn't.



    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11313
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Mucker1884 on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 7:38 pm

    ladyram wrote:Think all the "yes's" are a tad mean. Surely they'll post when they're ready?
    I read all sorts of threads before I posted, is there anything wrong with that folks?


    So did I, Ladyram. And when I was ready to chip in, I signed up.

    Unless I'm very much mistaken, you can read all you want without signing up. If you like what you see and want to join in, then surely that's the time to sign up?

    Just had a quick look....can't be bothered to count, but there are dozens who signed up on the first of this month, over three weeks ago, including yourself.

    Whilst you have excelled in both quality and quantity in that time, most have not posted once!

    They may, of course, be planning to post any time now, but we're not psychic. They may have decided it's not for them, bogged off, never to visit again.


    Actually, just thinking out loud here, and this is mainly to Li.....can we not consider culling based on "date of last visit" rather than "Number of posts". That seems a fair compromise. If they're reading, I suppose it shows they are at least taking some sort of interest, and they may eventually succumb to temptation?


    Oh, I don't know! It just seems awfully cluttered on the member list pages!

    Am I rambling? Shall I go now......
    There is of course, no need to answer that!!!

    Dunno
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11586
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 14051
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 7:53 pm

    F*ck em all, lets keep it to ourselves.

    Go arn, get arf my ruddy land.
    avatar
    Li 150
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 17391
    Age : 28
    Location : Germany

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Li 150 on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 7:54 pm

    Mucker that's how I do cull them, if they sign up then never visit for 30 they get chopped, if the sign up but not visit for 30 days then they get culled, if they sign up & post but don't visit for 30 days I normally let it ride - maybe 90 days



    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11313
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Mucker1884 on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 8:18 pm

    The phrase "Great minds........."


    Don't apply to us, surely!! :whis: Thumbs up

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Guest on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 8:33 pm

    No Mucker - you're not rambling. In fact what you say makes a lot of sense. I've not looked at the member lists and have no idea how many members there are, think I might have a shuftie and see if I recognise any names and give them a shout.

    I know you can have a look at the forum without signing up and can't really see a point to doing it if you're not going to post eventually. I think some folk sign up anyway just for the sake of it - to be part of a forum, I did it, on here and DCFC too, not to compare the two but for all the different opinions, perspectives and the vast array of interesting threads. I guess I always knew I'd post eventually, I'm far too gobby not to!! Also, there's folk I know from the DET who are split between the 2 forums, so I pop back on every now and then for a catch up.

    If I hadn't posted, now I think about it, I'd expect my membership to be deleted and wouldn't have a problem with it. I'm sure they'll say hi eventually but if they don't, it's their loss I suppose.
    avatar
    Venice Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1957
    First ever game : Hartlepool, I think, 1957
    Number of posts : 641
    Registration date : 2010-10-14
    Points : 760
    Location : Venice , Florida

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Venice Ram on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 9:57 pm


    When I first started reading COYR, I felt as if I was intruding on some kind of fraternity. Lots of dialogue where I had no idea what was being talked about, inside jokes etc. However, having been on the forum for a few weeks, I realise that is not the case, and as this thread indicates, all are welcome to join and comment. So, thanks for having me, and I look forward to posting more frequently.

    avatar
    Li 150
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 17391
    Age : 28
    Location : Germany

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Li 150 on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 10:22 pm

    It most definitely isn't the case Venice, you are more than welcome & it has nothing to do with new members being obliged to invite the Master Li for a holiday & that you just happen to live in Florida.


    PS can you sort the Disney world tickets an all? for the kids like



    avatar
    Barnstaple Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10255
    Registration date : 2009-07-09
    Points : 12098
    Age : 50
    Location : In front of my computer

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Barnstaple Ram on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 10:24 pm

    If any of the in jokes go over your head Venice just ask us and we will provide the full details

    I must apologise though to Chaz and Ancient for my comment about conversation going over someones head

    Sponsored content

    Re: Please help stop my paranoia........

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun 22 Jul 2018, 4:06 am