Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23101
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Re: Poster of the Month - October nominations

Post by New England Ram on Mon 01 Nov 2010, 10:46 pm

Barnstaple Ram wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:Barney will do for me.

Always thought your opinion was the one that counted NER Thumbs up

Nah Barney afraid not.....but never the less I will still shout for you posts and your hard work behind the scenes helping keep the forum ticking over.

Barney Barney Barney Barney Barney.

This post was paid for and approved by the "Vote Barney" Committee for a better forum.

Mucker1884

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10235
    Registration date : 2009-07-22

Post by Mucker1884 on Tue 02 Nov 2010, 10:27 am

Right. I've given this a lot of thought, as I truly believe this is the most difficult month since I started.

I don't deny I have favourites, but I always try to be open minded and fair on this, and to choose someone I genuinely believe has had a good month's posting in general, regardless of whether they have entertained/educated/amused me or not.

I'd like to give a mention to the newbies who have contributed regularly. I have to admit to more than a little trepidation when the DET went down, and all these new faces showed up out of the blue. For that I apologise. I'm actually pleased it happened now. Whether this forum is better for it is a matter of debate, but I personally don't think it's any worse.

I did seriously consider the possibility of nominating one of the Davenport mob. Firstly, I couldn't decide on which one, and secondly, I don't think it appropriate for someone to just swan in here and start taking all the silverware...so they'll just have to keep it up, and wait a while!!

I have decided to go with someone who continues to "give good post" on a regular basis, and does his bit off stage too!

He's far from being the funniest, he certainly isn't controversial, his opinions aren't necessarily overly strong......and he's a half decent bloke to boot.

Therefore, for October, I fu**in' nominate that wa**er from the s**t hole known as "Fu**in' Oak**od".....Mr Barnesworthy..........the C**T!! :whis:

Post by Guest on Tue 02 Nov 2010, 11:16 am

A top post Mucker - I have made a mental note to keep up with my posting - however boring and worthy of ignoring they are - as for holding aloft the hallowed silverware, I'm not worthy. There are far better posters than lil old me, I just like to chip in now again with what I think are ok posts.

I won't ever contribute on a thread regarding club finances cos I haven't got the first clue, I'll leave that to Dav and others.

Have a top day everybody and may the finest poster win!!

AlvoRAM

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 95
    First ever game : Barnsley 95
    Number of posts : 6285
    Registration date : 2010-03-24

Post by AlvoRAM on Tue 02 Nov 2010, 11:58 am

Mucker1884 wrote:Right. I've given this a lot of thought, as I truly believe this is the most difficult month since I started.

I don't deny I have favourites, but I always try to be open minded and fair on this, and to choose someone I genuinely believe has had a good month's posting in general, regardless of whether they have entertained/educated/amused me or not.

I'd like to give a mention to the newbies who have contributed regularly. I have to admit to more than a little trepidation when the DET went down, and all these new faces showed up out of the blue. For that I apologise. I'm actually pleased it happened now. Whether this forum is better for it is a matter of debate, but I personally don't think it's any worse.

I did seriously consider the possibility of nominating one of the Davenport mob. Firstly, I couldn't decide on which one, and secondly, I don't think it appropriate for someone to just swan in here and start taking all the silverware...so they'll just have to keep it up, and wait a while!!

I have decided to go with someone who continues to "give good post" on a regular basis, and does his bit off stage too!

He's far from being the funniest, he certainly isn't controversial, his opinions aren't necessarily overly strong......and he's a half decent bloke to boot.

Therefore, for October, I fu**in' nominate that wa**er from the s**t hole known as "Fu**in' Oak**od".....Mr Barnesworthy..........the C**T!! :whis:

That should absolutely, positively, never happen :whis: :whis: :whis: :ssh: :lol!:

Oh and my nomination goes also to Barney... wait did I already nominate???? No I don't think I did, yeh, Barney it is then...
    SuperLupoli

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2006
    First ever game : Portsmouth V Brentford 1990
    Number of posts : 195
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

Post by SuperLupoli on Tue 02 Nov 2010, 3:56 pm

Davenport for me, He has settled in like Kris Commons would at lunchtime in Pizza Hut...

(Obviously after signing a new contract...)

chicken
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14562
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Tue 02 Nov 2010, 4:07 pm

I think we've got some great new posters but I would also like to register my nomination for Barney.
    Mucker1884

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10235
    Registration date : 2009-07-22

Post by Mucker1884 on Tue 02 Nov 2010, 4:09 pm

ladyram wrote: ..... I won't ever contribute on a thread regarding club finances cos I haven't got the first clue, I'll leave that to Dav and others....

I shouldn't let that worry you, Ladyram!

Blimey, if I used that rule of thumb, I'd never post in threads about music, films, finance, politics, tactics and team selection, DCFC, other football, jokes, other sport.......5hit, I've just realised something!! :affraid:
    robtheglostaram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03

Post by robtheglostaram on Tue 02 Nov 2010, 4:18 pm

Mucker1884 wrote:
    ladyram wrote: ..... I won't ever contribute on a thread regarding club finances cos I haven't got the first clue, I'll leave that to Dav and others....

I shouldn't let that worry you, Ladyram!

Blimey, if I used that rule of thumb, I'd never post in threads about music, films, finance, politics, tactics and team selection, DCFC, other football, jokes, other sport.......5hit, I've just realised something!! :affraid:

You missed out fashion.. :whis:

Post by Guest on Wed 03 Nov 2010, 1:26 pm

bump
    Bedlam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : V Spurs away 1972 won 0-1 Gladys scored If I remember correctly
    Number of posts : 7332
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by Bedlam on Wed 03 Nov 2010, 1:51 pm

ouch!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Oct 2017, 8:33 pm