COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

Greetings, thanks, and a grumble

Pearson's Right Foot

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : Coventry at PPS, 1998?
    Number of posts : 3078
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Greetings, thanks, and a grumble

Post by Pearson's Right Foot on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 1:57 am

Firstly, greetings COYR. I've posted previously on the once good NEP forum as JkAteAllThePies (and OneFlewOverHarper'sHead too) so some of the older members may remember me or have consigned me to their subconscious. I've regularly been a viewer of the forums and in last night's anger i felt the need to add my thoughts.

Secondly, thanks for not activating my account until today as I would have jumped over every thread last night making little coherant sense after that shambles!

Finally, what i wanted to say last night has been said by many. We played too many out of position (every fan i spoke to at the game last night could see the problems!), the players didn't seem to be motivated, Nige is playing his favourites, Crawley deserved the win and a poor pre-prepared statement on the website as way of an apology was needed, but poorly handled imo. An explanation for some of Nigel's decisions would have been welcomed by me.

So yes, onwards and upwards. I will criticise Nigel's selection decisions as many baffle me (including his reluctance to make obvious substitutions till it's too late in the game) but I am behind Nigel and the board at the moment. North Stand season ticket holder who will continue to berate those around me who insist on moaning and booing at players during the game.

At the end of this effectively meaningless rant, for anyone for went, did you not think the Crawley fans were right pikeys? haha, this has been confirmed for me by a Crawley-supporting mate before anyone jumps on me for it! 🇳🇴
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23413
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Re: Greetings, thanks, and a grumble

Post by New England Ram on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 3:30 am

Thumbs up Welcome PRF and all your old names..i remember all of em.
    Good time to join I reckon its going to be a busy few weeks on here.

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 5:45 am

Busy unless we beat Watford and Forest, and we get the two permanent signings Gluck mentioned on East Midlands Today. (didn't see it myself as I live in Manchester area but reported on other forums.)
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16308
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 8:17 am

Welcome, PRF - hope you enjoy the forum despite everything. Thumbs up

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 10:33 am

Hi PRF, it's ASP here welcome on board, perhaps we could get intimate and go for a game of Bingo one afternoon :luv:
    Li 150
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by Li 150 on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 10:51 am

A right footed poster, that's good, gives the forum a bit more balance & will help us in our grand stable progression programme, welcome on board, enjoy posting, moaning, laughing & crying all the things you do as a Derby fan

JoetheRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post by JoetheRam on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 11:24 am

Pearson's Right Foot wrote:Firstly, greetings COYR. I've posted previously on the once good NEP forum as JkAteAllThePies (and OneFlewOverHarper'sHead too) so some of the older members may remember me or have consigned me to their subconscious. I've regularly been a viewer of the forums and in last night's anger i felt the need to add my thoughts.

Secondly, thanks for not activating my account until today as I would have jumped over every thread last night making little coherant sense after that shambles!

Finally, what i wanted to say last night has been said by many. We played too many out of position (every fan i spoke to at the game last night could see the problems!), the players didn't seem to be motivated, Nige is playing his favourites, Crawley deserved the win and a poor pre-prepared statement on the website as way of an apology was needed, but poorly handled imo. An explanation for some of Nigel's decisions would have been welcomed by me.

So yes, onwards and upwards. I will criticise Nigel's selection decisions as many baffle me (including his reluctance to make obvious substitutions till it's too late in the game) but I am behind Nigel and the board at the moment. North Stand season ticket holder who will continue to berate those around me who insist on moaning and booing at players during the game.

At the end of this effectively meaningless rant, for anyone for went, did you not think the Crawley fans were right pikeys? haha, this has been confirmed for me by a Crawley-supporting mate before anyone jumps on me for it! 🇳🇴

Welcome.

And yes their fans were pikeys.
    robtheglostaram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03

Post by robtheglostaram on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 11:51 am

Welcome PRF, great to have another quality poster on-board. Nice introductory post and one which echoes the thoughts of the majority on here, I'm sure.

Did you know we're going to Watford this weekend on the COYR Roadrider, see Mucker 1884 for details!
    Mucker1884

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22

Post by Mucker1884 on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 12:14 pm

Or just click-the-linky in my sig! ;)

Welcome to the forum Pearson's Right Foot.......Hope your better than the left!!

Thumbs up
    Pearson's Right Foot

Post by Pearson's Right Foot on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 12:29 pm

Well I understand many of you have never seen Pearson's right foot before but the avatar shows it exists!

Thanks boys, girls and anything in between.

Oh, and Mr Stained Pants as you are known, I'm sorry but at 126 I think you are just a little bit too young for me

I've been reading about the COYR roadtrip. Firstly, I've been to Watford before so it's not high on my list of priorities at exam time (Uni student :) so also poor/lazy/hungover take your pick :( ) and I don't think I'm wanted due to the bad luck I seemingly bring. The only two away games I've managed all season have been F*rest and Crawley! Not a good track record, can't remember the last time i saw us win away! (I realise that's an issue for many - poor away form is often cited as the excuse but old age and repression may also come into it)
    robtheglostaram

Post by robtheglostaram on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 12:31 pm

I'm a student too, the loan has just gone in and I have exams too, so you'll need to do better!

Also, that picture is far from conclusive and I still maintain that SP does NOT have a right foot.
    Mucker1884

Post by Mucker1884 on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 12:36 pm

Pearson's Right Foot wrote:Well I understand many of you have never seen Pearson's right foot before but the avatar shows it exists!

Oh, and Mr Stained Pants as you are known, I'm sorry but at 126 I think you are just a little bit too young for me

I've been reading about the COYR roadtrip. Firstly, I've been to Watford before so it's not high on my list of priorities at exam time (Uni student :) so also poor/lazy/hungover take your pick :( ) and I don't think I'm wanted due to the bad luck I seemingly bring. The only two away games I've managed all season have been F*rest and Crawley! Not a good track record, can't remember the last time i saw us win away! (I realise that's an issue for many - poor away form is often cited as the excuse but old age and repression may also come into it)

Well in that case, yer can f**k off then! :lol!:

From the trip of course. You're more than welcome to hang around here, although take care who you speak to......Some are a little weird.....and really, really old!! :whis:
    Pearson's Right Foot

Post by Pearson's Right Foot on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 12:45 pm

robtheglostaram wrote:I'm a student too, the loan has just gone in and I have exams too, so you'll need to do better!

Also, that picture is far from conclusive and I still maintain that SP does NOT have a right foot.

My loan is scheduled to arrive Monday...better? :whis:
    robtheglostaram

Post by robtheglostaram on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 12:59 pm

Pearson's Right Foot wrote:
    robtheglostaram wrote:I'm a student too, the loan has just gone in and I have exams too, so you'll need to do better!

It could be, printscreen your bank details to me :whis:
    M.M

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Derby vs Hearts ages ago 4-4
    Number of posts : 3257
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by M.M on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 2:08 pm

Pearson's Right Foot wrote:

Mine came ina few days ago, already ear marked what I'm doing with the majority of it. Who ever said being a student was difficult?

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 2:24 pm

Mucker1884 wrote:
    Pearson's Right Foot wrote:Well I understand many of you have never seen Pearson's right foot before but the avatar shows it exists!

Well in that case, yer can f**k off then! :lol!:

From the trip of course. You're more than welcome to hang around here, although take care who you speak to......Some are a little weird.....and really, really old!! :whis:
    Well Mucky Wierd yes, But watching Derby since 1884 thats whats aged me! :weirdo:
    Mucker1884

Post by Mucker1884 on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 2:55 pm

Ashleys stained pants wrote: Well Mucky Wierd yes, But watching Derby since 1884 thats whats aged me! :weirdo:

:lol!:

I've only just twigged that your age coincides with that of this fine football club of ours.

Intrigued, I took a quick peek at your profile. Have to say, that's a fine vocation you have chosen. Certainly gets my respect! ;)

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 3:07 pm

Just to make this my 100th post I will reply to you Mucker just to say "mutual respect"
    Barnstaple Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10255
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by Barnstaple Ram on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 8:43 pm

Welcome to the forum PRF
    I am one of the wierd ones Mucker refers to

Glad you included the name of my favourite Rams player of all time in your name, much respect for that
    Mucker1884

Post by Mucker1884 on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 9:30 pm

Barnstaple Ram wrote:Welcome to the forum PRF
    I am one of the wierd ones Mucker refers to

Glad you included the name of my favourite Rams player of all time in your name, much respect for that

Der! It was Ooh Mark Wright, not Right! :roll:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 15 Oct 2018, 6:36 pm