COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Site debate 24/01

    Share
    avatar
    Li 150
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 17391
    Age : 28
    Location : Germany

    Site debate 24/01

    Post by Li 150 on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 10:37 am

    To allow the Savage thread to be back on course I have moved our latest what's wrong with the site to here.

    If it bores you then please read no further.
    Cheers


    Don't encourage him back Mace, I thought he was happy posting on another forum where he finds the people more on his level, he should stay where he feels happiest.


    Last edited by Li 150 on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 2:00 pm; edited 2 times in total




    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Guest on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 10:45 am

    Li 150 wrote: I thought he was happy posting on another forum where he finds the people more on his level.

    Whatever can you mean?
    avatar
    The Big Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1955
    First ever game : Derby v Scunthorpe 1963
    Number of posts : 114
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 121
    Location : Chad

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by The Big Ram on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 11:26 am

    Li 150 wrote:Don't encourage back him Mace, I thought he was happy posting on another forum where he finds the people more on his level, he should stay where he feels happiest.

    I would post on here more often, however, the activity is too slow and argumentative or condescending of anyone with a different opinion. I write what I believe in and get attacked on this board, so I don't post much.

    So yes, I am far happier writing on the other board as the people on there seem to have more passion for Derby County and respect for others opinions.
    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 43
    Location : Derby

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Igor-is-god on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 11:28 am

    The Big Ram wrote:
    Li 150 wrote:Don't encourage back him Mace, I thought he was happy posting on another forum where he finds the people more on his level, he should stay where he feels happiest.

    I would post on here more often, however, the activity is too slow and argumentative or condescending of anyone with a different opinion. I write what I believe in and get attacked on this board, so I don't post much.

    So yes, I am far happier writing on the other board as the people on there seem to have more passion for Derby County and respect for others opinions.

    Pretty much asked for that IMO
    avatar
    Li 150
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 17391
    Age : 28
    Location : Germany

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Li 150 on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 11:40 am

    Hmmm.. last time he threaten to slap female poster, his post are full of fuck this fuck that wanker arseholes type script & I believe that his last post was another tirade against Savage.
    I think you'll find many people on this site with the same opinion of Savage they just choose to articulate better.
    As far quantity over quality we try for the latter so that the site doesn't slide into DET type forum, so I am interested in your views Igor maybe you'd like the site to be more aggressive & in your face or maybe you prefer the old DET site??? I don't know, just wonder what your subtle digs at the site are about??


    Last edited by Li 150 on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : got me latters & formers twisted)



    avatar
    The Big Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1955
    First ever game : Derby v Scunthorpe 1963
    Number of posts : 114
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 121
    Location : Chad

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by The Big Ram on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 11:55 am

    Li 150 wrote:Hmmm.. last time he threaten to slap female poster, his post are full of fuck this fuck that wanker arseholes type script & I believe that his last post was another tirade against Savage.
    I think you'll find many people on this site with the same opinion of Savage they just choose to articulate better.
    As far quantity over quality we try for the latter so that the site doesn't slide into DET type forum, so I am interested in your views Igor maybe you'd like the site to be more aggressive & in your face or maybe you prefer the old DET site??? I don't know, just wonder what your subtle digs at the site are about??

    LIAR!!!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Guest on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 12:15 pm

    The Big Ram wrote:
    Li 150 wrote:Don't encourage back him Mace, I thought he was happy posting on another forum where he finds the people more on his level, he should stay where he feels happiest.

    I would post on here more often, however, the activity is too slow and argumentative or condescending of anyone with a different opinion. I write what I believe in and get attacked on this board, so I don't post much.

    So why bother posting on here at all?

    What is this other site that you're so comfortable with? whiteenglishpeopleagainstdarkies.com?
    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 43
    Location : Derby

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Igor-is-god on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 12:27 pm

    I know absolutely nothing about threatened slappings or other schoolyard, keyboard warrior, type shenanigans. (seriously - get a grip :roll:) but TBR certainly isn't the only one to deal out a good round of fucks in the 'Savage' Savage debate.

    I thought TBR's response to Li's (sorry mate, but rather cliquey) comment was fairly level and accurate.

    You know I like this site and I like and respect the vast majority of the folk on it, hell I'll even drink with them! (OK, OK, I'll drink with almost anyone) but I do think it is in danger of having a little white picket fence and roses round the door.

    In recent times some of the irreverence which was, at least in part, the raison d'etre for it's inception seems to be squeezed out.

    Just my opinion. Two penneth over
    avatar
    robtheglostaram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03
    Points : 12737
    Age : 32
    Location : Cambridge

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by robtheglostaram on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 12:35 pm

    Igor-is-god wrote:I know absolutely nothing about threatened slappings or other schoolyard, keyboard warrior, type shenanigans. (seriously - get a grip :roll:) but TBR certainly isn't the only one to deal out a good round of fucks in the 'Savage' Savage debate.

    I thought TBR's response to Li's (sorry mate, but rather cliquey) comment was fairly level and accurate.

    You know I like this site and I like and respect the vast majority of the folk on it, hell I'll even drink with them! (OK, OK, I'll drink with almost anyone) but I do think it is in danger of having a little white picket fence and roses round the door.

    In recent times some of the irreverence which was, at least in part, the raison d'etre for it's inception seems to be squeezed out.

    Just my opinion. Two penneth over

    What do you suggest then, that those that know eachother don't appear to do so on the forum?

    It's open, no-one gets shown the door for getting stuck in and getting to know people, and contributions that are worth reply get so regardless.
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16148
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 20156

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by RRC on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 12:36 pm

    I don't think anyone wants the forum to turn into a polite place where we all agree - it wouldn't be very interesting or enjoyable.

    There is a difference between having a robust argument and threatening posters because you don't agree with them - and between having a laugh with other posters and being downright abusive to them.

    Just lately some folk seem to have forgotten that we have forum guidelines and that they ask people to respect each other and not be abusive. If we could just stay the right side of that, I'd be happier with way things are going.



    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23342
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27980
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by New England Ram on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 12:50 pm

    Igor-is-god wrote:I know absolutely nothing about threatened slappings or other schoolyard, keyboard warrior, type shenanigans. (seriously - get a grip :roll:) but TBR certainly isn't the only one to deal out a good round of fucks in the 'Savage' Savage debate.

    I thought TBR's response to Li's (sorry mate, but rather cliquey) comment was fairly level and accurate.

    You know I like this site and I like and respect the vast majority of the folk on it, hell I'll even drink with them! (OK, OK, I'll drink with almost anyone) but I do think it is in danger of having a little white picket fence and roses round the door.

    In recent times some of the irreverence which was, at least in part, the raison d'etre for it's inception seems to be squeezed out.

    Just my opinion. Two penneth over

    I think when it's the same statement being repeated in the same style over and over and over again that's when it becomes a problem Igor.
    Due to the lack of traffic on this forum Big Rams opinions on Sav are I imagine still very fresh on the minds of those that use it even without the latest rant which to be fair Big Ram is pretty much the same as the previous 20.
    We get it Big Ram you don't like Sav... point made mate.

    And I think RRC summed it up best regards debate.
    Fight your point as much as you like as far as I am concerned but with a little respect.



    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 43
    Location : Derby

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Igor-is-god on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 1:12 pm

    robtheglostaram wrote:
    Igor-is-god wrote: but I do think it is in danger of having a little white picket fence and roses round the door.

    In recent times some of the irreverence which was, at least in part, the raison d'etre for it's inception seems to be squeezed out.

    What do you suggest then, that those that know eachother don't appear to do so on the forum?
    It's open, no-one gets shown the door for getting stuck in and getting to know people, and contributions that are worth reply get so regardless.

    No that's not what I'm suggesting at all, I think one of the strong points of this forum is that we do have meet ups, but I also know people who read the forum and are deterred from posting because, and I quote "a bit too cliquesville for me mate."

    Ah what can I say? I've personally got issues with authority and the overwhelming need to stick it to 'The Man' and at the moment I'm afraid, Li is looking like 'The Man.' Admittedly a pretty short man with strange white hair and a propensity for falling off bar stools but 'The Man' all the same.

    God knows how I got into this debate, I just made an observation on what I thought was a pretty harsh comment from Li!

    NER, like I say TBR 'aint the only one to rant about Sav and I'm not being...sake :whis:

    If TBR has expressed racist views, as Andy seems to be insinuating, quite frankly he can lick the sweat from my balls (TBR not Andy.) I don't condone racism. BUT if his only crime is to swear a lot a lot and call Robbie Savage a big steaming fillet'o'fish then I'm afraid I'm batting for TBR.
    avatar
    Li 150
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 17391
    Age : 28
    Location : Germany

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Li 150 on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 1:34 pm

    The Big Ram wrote:
    Li 150 wrote:Hmmm.. last time he threaten to slap female poster, his post are full of fuck this fuck that wanker arseholes type script & I believe that his last post was another tirade against Savage.
    I think you'll find many people on this site with the same opinion of Savage they just choose to articulate better.
    As far quantity over quality we try for the latter so that the site doesn't slide into DET type forum, so I am interested in your views Igor maybe you'd like the site to be more aggressive & in your face or maybe you prefer the old DET site??? I don't know, just wonder what your subtle digs at the site are about??

    LIAR!!!

    My memory, of course could be failing me & if it is & have you confused with someone else I will of course apologise.



    avatar
    Li 150
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 17391
    Age : 28
    Location : Germany

    Site debate 24/01

    Post by Li 150 on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 1:51 pm

    No that's not what I'm suggesting at all, I think one of the strong
    points of this forum is that we do have meet ups, but I also know people
    who read the forum and are deterred from posting because, and I quote
    "a bit too cliquesville for me mate."

    How do people qualify the Clique statement? As it is something that appears to be levelled at most forums, so what exactly makes a forum cliquey & this on imparticular. (open question for anyone).

    Ah what can I say? I've personally got issues with authority and the
    overwhelming need to stick it to 'The Man' and at the moment I'm afraid,
    Li is looking like 'The Man.' Admittedly a pretty short man with
    strange white hair and a propensity for falling off bar stools but 'The
    Man' all the same.

    My response to that, & I can understand if people have that impression, is that how the site is run and moderated was discussed in depth on the last naval gazing thread. My response to some of the posters is taken from my perspective only & to be honest I wanted to get away from the DET site due to the aggressive & profanity filled rants that where posted there. My response was to TBR & Masoud & others is to show that I personally do not want to be on a site with that type of posting. There has been several new posters join since the demise of the DET that fit that category.
    I did not want to replicate the DET or indeed any other site.
    Of course my view & opinions could be wrong & it may be time for me to move on. I am open to a democratic vote & if anyone would like to take over the running of the site I am not opposed to a vote.

    I do not take these things as criticism but feel these discussions help me & I hope help others to keep focused on what they want or don't want from a site, I also realise that many members can't be arsed with all this self importance stuff, so I could make a thread that only those that are interested in the discussion can see & read.
    The ball is always in the hands of you the members if you can give some constructive ideas I am always pleased to hear them because I am the man!!



    avatar
    JoetheRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Points : 5519
    Age : 25

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by JoetheRam on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 2:13 pm

    All i'm going to say is that I think this site has it pretty much spot on. Fair enough some of the time a few (probably most of the "top 20 posters") make the site a bit cliquey, with a few too many in jokes, but if any new posters give the forum a bit of time, and contribute themselves, with considered opinion then they'll get their rewards.

    One other thing i'll add, is that one of the main rules/guidlines of this forum is "treat other's with respect", and that needs to be everyone, not just those with less than 500 posts.
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23342
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27980
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by New England Ram on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 2:20 pm

    JoetheRam wrote:All i'm going to say is that I think this site has it pretty much spot on. Fair enough some of the time a few (probably most of the "top 20 posters") make the site a bit cliquey, with a few too many in jokes, but if any new posters give the forum a bit of time, and contribute themselves, with considered opinion then they'll get their rewards.

    One other thing i'll add, is that one of the main rules/guidlines of this forum is "treat other's with respect", and that needs to be everyone, not just those with less than 500 posts.


    **** off Joe :lol!:



    avatar
    CornwallRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6382
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 6919
    Age : 50
    Location : Derby

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by CornwallRam on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 2:23 pm

    Funny, I was just thinking how all the Derby forums had got a bit more internally friendly at the moment. Very few Rams fans at each others throats due, imo, to the state of the club. The pro-Clough posters have had to admit he's not doing brilliantly, the pro-GSE posters, similarly, are not able to proclaim that they are going to make us great again. No one can claim this group of players are wonderful. At the moment we're all having to come to terms with having a poor manager, a poor squad and poor owners/board (seemingly in both senses of the word).

    I don't think we're happier when we're moaning, just a bit less confrontational!
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23342
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27980
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by New England Ram on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 2:29 pm

    Igor-is-god wrote:
    robtheglostaram wrote:
    Igor-is-god wrote: but I do think it is in danger of having a little white picket fence and roses round the door.

    In recent times some of the irreverence which was, at least in part, the raison d'etre for it's inception seems to be squeezed out.

    What do you suggest then, that those that know eachother don't appear to do so on the forum?
    It's open, no-one gets shown the door for getting stuck in and getting to know people, and contributions that are worth reply get so regardless.

    No that's not what I'm suggesting at all, I think one of the strong points of this forum is that we do have meet ups, but I also know people who read the forum and are deterred from posting because, and I quote "a bit too cliquesville for me mate."

    Ah what can I say? I've personally got issues with authority and the overwhelming need to stick it to 'The Man' and at the moment I'm afraid, Li is looking like 'The Man.' Admittedly a pretty short man with strange white hair and a propensity for falling off bar stools but 'The Man' all the same.

    God knows how I got into this debate, I just made an observation on what I thought was a pretty harsh comment from Li!

    NER, like I say TBR 'aint the only one to rant about Sav and I'm not being...sake :whis:

    If TBR has expressed racist views, as Andy seems to be insinuating, quite frankly he can lick the sweat from my balls (TBR not Andy.) I don't condone racism. BUT if his only crime is to swear a lot a lot and call Robbie Savage a big steaming fillet'o'fish then I'm afraid I'm batting for TBR.

    Good point Igor i forgot about one glove....but one glove does contribute to other threads and debates his points(as mace pointed out)....



    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11586
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 14051
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 2:38 pm

    Derby perform sh*t, forums explode with arguments and over the top, purile drivvel

    Derby do well, nobody has anything to say.

    That is the nature of forums in my opinion, there is no 'tw*t' filter until the comments have been made, and nor should there be.

    I have no comment on the individuals involved in the arument that brought this discussion about because I did not see what was said however in my opinion, people should be able to say what they want and debate it out, but when it comes to abuse towards fellow posters then the mods are perfectly at liberty to step in and get rid of the offenders and deserve our support if they decide to do so.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Guest on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 4:54 pm

    I think the most important thing about the forum is that people think about what they say before they post. If people have clearly not thought about what they are saying and just having mindless rants then I think it's fair enough to have a word with them. I have always considered this by far the best forum to discuss Derby because of the 'intellectual' standard that it seems to have. I agree with Li and in the last few weeks and months, a few posters seem to just spout on angry drivel that doesn't really mean a lot.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Guest on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 4:55 pm

    derbyginge wrote:I think the most important thing about the forum is that people think about what they say before they post. If people have clearly not thought about what they are saying and just having mindless rants then I think it's fair enough to have a word with them. I have always considered this by far the best forum to discuss Derby because of the 'intellectual' standard that it seems to have. I agree with Li and in the last few weeks and months, a few posters seem to just spout on angry drivel that doesn't really mean a lot.

    From the mouths of babes.............. :whis:

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Guest on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 4:58 pm

    Ancient Ram wrote:
    derbyginge wrote:I think the most important thing about the forum is that people think about what they say before they post. If people have clearly not thought about what they are saying and just having mindless rants then I think it's fair enough to have a word with them. I have always considered this by far the best forum to discuss Derby because of the 'intellectual' standard that it seems to have. I agree with Li and in the last few weeks and months, a few posters seem to just spout on angry drivel that doesn't really mean a lot.

    From the mouths of babes.............. :whis:

    I know you mean that as a joke but I do think that's a tad unfair. I've made a considerable effort over the last 6/7 months to think more about my posting and I do think that certainly my contribution is as valid as the next man's/woman's

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Guest on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 4:59 pm

    derbyginge wrote:
    Ancient Ram wrote:
    derbyginge wrote:I think the most important thing about the forum is that people think about what they say before they post. If people have clearly not thought about what they are saying and just having mindless rants then I think it's fair enough to have a word with them. I have always considered this by far the best forum to discuss Derby because of the 'intellectual' standard that it seems to have. I agree with Li and in the last few weeks and months, a few posters seem to just spout on angry drivel that doesn't really mean a lot.

    From the mouths of babes.............. :whis:

    I know you mean that as a joke but I do think that's a tad unfair. I've made a considerable effort over the last 6/7 months to think more about my posting and I do think that certainly my contribution is as valid as the next man's/woman's

    Then accept my apologies young Ginge

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Guest on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 5:01 pm

    Ancient Ram wrote:
    derbyginge wrote:
    Ancient Ram wrote:
    derbyginge wrote:I think the most important thing about the forum is that people think about what they say before they post. If people have clearly not thought about what they are saying and just having mindless rants then I think it's fair enough to have a word with them. I have always considered this by far the best forum to discuss Derby because of the 'intellectual' standard that it seems to have. I agree with Li and in the last few weeks and months, a few posters seem to just spout on angry drivel that doesn't really mean a lot.

    From the mouths of babes.............. :whis:

    I know you mean that as a joke but I do think that's a tad unfair. I've made a considerable effort over the last 6/7 months to think more about my posting and I do think that certainly my contribution is as valid as the next man's/woman's

    Then accept my apologies young Ginge

    Thumbs up Yeah, maybe a bit over-sensitive from me.
    avatar
    robtheglostaram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03
    Points : 12737
    Age : 32
    Location : Cambridge

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by robtheglostaram on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 5:06 pm

    Can we make it male only? Fed up of explaining the offside rule to Chicken et al.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat 21 Jul 2018, 8:40 am