COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Site debate 24/01

    Share
    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 43
    Location : Derby

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Igor-is-god on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 5:09 pm

    robtheglostaram wrote:Can we make it male only? Fed up of explaining the offside rule to Chicken et al.

    :ssh:

    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14702
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16166

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by chicken on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 5:39 pm

    Igor-is-god wrote:
    robtheglostaram wrote:Can we make it male only? Fed up of explaining the offside rule to Chicken et al.


    as if you lot have to explain anything to me!!!
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10292
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11315
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Mucker1884 on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 7:01 pm

    JoetheRam wrote:All i'm going to say is that I think this site has it pretty much spot on. Fair enough some of the time a few (probably most of the "top 20 posters") make the site a bit cliquey, with a few too many in jokes, but if any new posters give the forum a bit of time, and contribute themselves, with considered opinion then they'll get their rewards.

    One other thing i'll add, is that one of the main rules/guidlines of this forum is "treat other's with respect", and that needs to be everyone, not just those with less than 500 posts.


    Not just me then, Joe, with that poxy pigeon has landed malarkey!! :roll: Confused
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16339
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 20509

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by RRC on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 7:09 pm

    Mucker1884 wrote:
    JoetheRam wrote:All i'm going to say is that I think this site has it pretty much spot on. Fair enough some of the time a few (probably most of the "top 20 posters") make the site a bit cliquey, with a few too many in jokes, but if any new posters give the forum a bit of time, and contribute themselves, with considered opinion then they'll get their rewards.

    One other thing i'll add, is that one of the main rules/guidlines of this forum is "treat other's with respect", and that needs to be everyone, not just those with less than 500 posts.


    Not just me then, Joe, with that poxy pigeon has landed malarkey!! :roll: Confused
    Sorry, thought everybody knew who that was about.

    This forum was started partly to get away from a silly poster who swamped the DET forum with spamming of mind-numbing stupidity, because (he said) he wanted to be the first person to make 10,000 posts. He is referred to in this forum as 'noname', because he kept changing his name and his avatar. The pigeon made regular appearances in that role and one of his many names referred to a pear tree.

    Hope this helps.



    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 43
    Location : Derby

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Igor-is-god on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 7:15 pm

    RRC wrote:
    Mucker1884 wrote:
    JoetheRam wrote:All i'm going to say is that I think this site has it pretty much spot on. Fair enough some of the time a few (probably most of the "top 20 posters") make the site a bit cliquey, with a few too many in jokes, but if any new posters give the forum a bit of time, and contribute themselves, with considered opinion then they'll get their rewards.

    One other thing i'll add, is that one of the main rules/guidlines of this forum is "treat other's with respect", and that needs to be everyone, not just those with less than 500 posts.


    Not just me then, Joe, with that poxy pigeon has landed malarkey!! :roll: Confused
    Sorry, thought everybody knew who that was about.

    This forum was started partly to get away from a silly poster who swamped the DET forum with spamming of mind-numbing stupidity, because (he said) he wanted to be the first person to make 10,000 posts. He is referred to in this forum as 'noname', because he kept changing his name and his avatar. The pigeon made regular appearances in that role and one of his many names referred to a pear tree.

    Hope this helps.

    Thumbs up More Mucker sarcasm goes whooshing by.
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16339
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 20509

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by RRC on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 7:22 pm

    Igor-is-god wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    Mucker1884 wrote:
    JoetheRam wrote:All i'm going to say is that I think this site has it pretty much spot on. Fair enough some of the time a few (probably most of the "top 20 posters") make the site a bit cliquey, with a few too many in jokes, but if any new posters give the forum a bit of time, and contribute themselves, with considered opinion then they'll get their rewards.

    One other thing i'll add, is that one of the main rules/guidlines of this forum is "treat other's with respect", and that needs to be everyone, not just those with less than 500 posts.


    Not just me then, Joe, with that poxy pigeon has landed malarkey!! :roll: Confused
    Sorry, thought everybody knew who that was about.

    This forum was started partly to get away from a silly poster who swamped the DET forum with spamming of mind-numbing stupidity, because (he said) he wanted to be the first person to make 10,000 posts. He is referred to in this forum as 'noname', because he kept changing his name and his avatar. The pigeon made regular appearances in that role and one of his many names referred to a pear tree.

    Hope this helps.

    Thumbs up More Mucker sarcasm goes whooshing by.
    I realise Mucker knows what that was about, but there were some members saying that
    they didn't know about it - some even complained that the forum had in-jokes and was
    a bit cliquey... :whis:



    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 43
    Location : Derby

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Igor-is-god on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 7:24 pm

    RRC wrote:
    Igor-is-god wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    Mucker1884 wrote:
    JoetheRam wrote:All i'm going to say is that I think this site has it pretty much spot on. Fair enough some of the time a few (probably most of the "top 20 posters") make the site a bit cliquey, with a few too many in jokes, but if any new posters give the forum a bit of time, and contribute themselves, with considered opinion then they'll get their rewards.

    One other thing i'll add, is that one of the main rules/guidlines of this forum is "treat other's with respect", and that needs to be everyone, not just those with less than 500 posts.


    Not just me then, Joe, with that poxy pigeon has landed malarkey!! :roll: Confused
    Sorry, thought everybody knew who that was about.

    This forum was started partly to get away from a silly poster who swamped the DET forum with spamming of mind-numbing stupidity, because (he said) he wanted to be the first person to make 10,000 posts. He is referred to in this forum as 'noname', because he kept changing his name and his avatar. The pigeon made regular appearances in that role and one of his many names referred to a pear tree.

    Hope this helps.

    Thumbs up More Mucker sarcasm goes whooshing by.
    I realise Mucker knows what that was about, but there were some members saying that
    they didn't know about it - some even complained that the forum had in-jokes and was
    a bit cliquey
    ... :whis:

    Which complete and utter idiot said that Dunno
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14953
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 16769
    Age : 64
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by MadAmster on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 7:40 pm

    I too can never forgive Sav for that outrageous dive to con the penalty when he played for festah. Cheating Welsh git!! (hope that's not racist, should be OK as nobody has ever complained about my referring to Chris Ronnie as the Portuguese Powder Puff).

    Where the Big Feller and I view things differently is that I think he is now OUR CWG, TBR still loathes and detests him. Of that, none of us can be in any doubt.

    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10292
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11315
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Mucker1884 on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 7:55 pm

    RRC wrote:
    Igor-is-god wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    Mucker1884 wrote:
    JoetheRam wrote:All i'm going to say is that I think this site has it pretty much spot on. Fair enough some of the time a few (probably most of the "top 20 posters") make the site a bit cliquey, with a few too many in jokes, but if any new posters give the forum a bit of time, and contribute themselves, with considered opinion then they'll get their rewards.

    One other thing i'll add, is that one of the main rules/guidlines of this forum is "treat other's with respect", and that needs to be everyone, not just those with less than 500 posts.


    Not just me then, Joe, with that poxy pigeon has landed malarkey!! :roll: Confused
    Sorry, thought everybody knew who that was about.

    This forum was started partly to get away from a silly poster who swamped the DET forum with spamming of mind-numbing stupidity, because (he said) he wanted to be the first person to make 10,000 posts. He is referred to in this forum as 'noname', because he kept changing his name and his avatar. The pigeon made regular appearances in that role and one of his many names referred to a pear tree.

    Hope this helps.

    Thumbs up More Mucker sarcasm goes whooshing by.
    I realise Mucker knows what that was about, but there were some members saying that
    they didn't know about it - some even complained that the forum had in-jokes and was
    a bit cliquey... :whis:

    To be fair, I did know, or at least presumed correctly, who it was about. And I sort of guessed that the 10k was in relation to posts. However, I had no idea about the relevance of any pigeon, so all in all, Yes RRC, it did help, thanks.
    And for once Igor, I wasn't being sarcastic......but I'll try not to make a habit of that, I know it doesn't suit me!!
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23430
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 28070
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by New England Ram on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 8:15 pm

    JoetheRam wrote:All i'm going to say is that I think this site has it pretty much spot on. Fair enough some of the time a few (probably most of the "top 20 posters") make the site a bit cliquey, with a few too many in jokes, but if any new posters give the forum a bit of time, and contribute themselves, with considered opinion then they'll get their rewards.

    One other thing i'll add, is that one of the main rules/guidlines of this forum is "treat other's with respect", and that needs to be everyone, not just those with less than 500 posts.

    To be fair Joe as Big Ram pointed out this forum tends to have a little less traffic than others.
    And there have been times that without those top twenty posters and the seemingly in jokes...there might not be a forum today.

    I for one enjoy the fact there is less folk on here..the downside of course is that if nine of you are out practicing your "how many of us in a mini" routine.
    The rest of us have to try and keep things moving along...and being as our football club seem to stagger from crap to awful that beggers belief its not always easy to come up with proper stuff hence the jokes about Li's shit stool and stuff like that.

    But everyone is free to join in and laugh at Li its not like its a members only laugh.



    avatar
    JoetheRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Points : 5519
    Age : 26

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by JoetheRam on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 8:44 pm

    New England Ram wrote:
    JoetheRam wrote:All i'm going to say is that I think this site has it pretty much spot on. Fair enough some of the time a few (probably most of the "top 20 posters") make the site a bit cliquey, with a few too many in jokes, but if any new posters give the forum a bit of time, and contribute themselves, with considered opinion then they'll get their rewards.

    One other thing i'll add, is that one of the main rules/guidlines of this forum is "treat other's with respect", and that needs to be everyone, not just those with less than 500 posts.

    To be fair Joe as Big Ram pointed out this forum tends to have a little less traffic than others.
    And there have been times that without those top twenty posters and the seemingly in jokes...there might not be a forum today.

    I for one enjoy the fact there is less folk on here..the downside of course is that if nine of you are out practicing your "how many of us in a mini" routine.
    The rest of us have to try and keep things moving along...and being as our football club seem to stagger from crap to awful that beggers belief its not always easy to come up with proper stuff hence the jokes about Li's shit stool and stuff like that.

    But everyone is free to join in and laugh at Li its not like its a members only laugh.

    Can't say I disagree, and with a smaller forum it's almost impossible to avoid it being so. Not a big thing for me, but it does put off new posters.

    Still a top site mind.

    :rams:
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23430
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 28070
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by New England Ram on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 8:50 pm

    JoetheRam wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    JoetheRam wrote:All i'm going to say is that I think this site has it pretty much spot on. Fair enough some of the time a few (probably most of the "top 20 posters") make the site a bit cliquey, with a few too many in jokes, but if any new posters give the forum a bit of time, and contribute themselves, with considered opinion then they'll get their rewards.

    One other thing i'll add, is that one of the main rules/guidlines of this forum is "treat other's with respect", and that needs to be everyone, not just those with less than 500 posts.

    To be fair Joe as Big Ram pointed out this forum tends to have a little less traffic than others.
    And there have been times that without those top twenty posters and the seemingly in jokes...there might not be a forum today.

    I for one enjoy the fact there is less folk on here..the downside of course is that if nine of you are out practicing your "how many of us in a mini" routine.
    The rest of us have to try and keep things moving along...and being as our football club seem to stagger from crap to awful that beggers belief its not always easy to come up with proper stuff hence the jokes about Li's shit stool and stuff like that.

    But everyone is free to join in and laugh at Li its not like its a members only laugh.

    Can't say I disagree, and with a smaller forum it's almost impossible to avoid it being so. Not a big thing for me, but it does put off new posters.

    Still a top site mind.

    :rams:

    Thats nice Joe ..hold on a sec.

    BOB!!!...can you call back those Ninjas



    avatar
    JoetheRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Points : 5519
    Age : 26

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by JoetheRam on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 8:56 pm

    New England Ram wrote:
    JoetheRam wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    JoetheRam wrote:All i'm going to say is that I think this site has it pretty much spot on. Fair enough some of the time a few (probably most of the "top 20 posters") make the site a bit cliquey, with a few too many in jokes, but if any new posters give the forum a bit of time, and contribute themselves, with considered opinion then they'll get their rewards.

    One other thing i'll add, is that one of the main rules/guidlines of this forum is "treat other's with respect", and that needs to be everyone, not just those with less than 500 posts.

    To be fair Joe as Big Ram pointed out this forum tends to have a little less traffic than others.
    And there have been times that without those top twenty posters and the seemingly in jokes...there might not be a forum today.

    I for one enjoy the fact there is less folk on here..the downside of course is that if nine of you are out practicing your "how many of us in a mini" routine.
    The rest of us have to try and keep things moving along...and being as our football club seem to stagger from crap to awful that beggers belief its not always easy to come up with proper stuff hence the jokes about Li's shit stool and stuff like that.

    But everyone is free to join in and laugh at Li its not like its a members only laugh.

    Can't say I disagree, and with a smaller forum it's almost impossible to avoid it being so. Not a big thing for me, but it does put off new posters.

    Still a top site mind.


    Thats nice Joe ..hold on a sec.

    BOB!!!...can you call back those Ninjas

    :lol!:

    Bloody in-jokes!
    avatar
    Li 150
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 17391
    Age : 29
    Location : Germany

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Li 150 on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 9:03 pm

    Yeah, who the feck is Bob & what ninjas, who sent them, where were they sent, why send ninjas.
    This fecking site like some ancient chinese puzzle nowdays



    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23430
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 28070
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by New England Ram on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 9:27 pm

    Li 150 wrote:Yeah, who the feck is Bob & what ninjas, who sent them, where were they sent, why send ninjas.
    This fecking site like some ancient chinese puzzle nowdays

    Your uncle ya daft lad.



    avatar
    Fionn

    Number of posts : 832
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 790
    Age : 44
    Location : Up my own arse.

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Fionn on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 10:46 pm

    Well...where do I start?

    I dont know what instigated this current debate, but I just thought I'd rattle off some thoughts as they come to mind without any major consideration or attempt to placate or annoy other posters.

    All communities have 'cliques' as they are often referred to. I dont believe that this site is really guilty of that. It just happens to have a group of similar minded folks who came together when the DET forum began to deteriorate. So there are bound to be historical 'in jokes' or general references that those posters share.

    I dont see this as being cliquey. It would only be a clique if others were made to feel unwelcome or if others were made to feel the need to change their personalities in order to fit in.

    Just because 'The Man' is trying to maintain a standard or regularity of contribution to this site doesn't make it unwelcoming. It's just trying to keep the forum becoming what the original founding members became to detest about the DET site.

    We all have our own charcters that together make for some good craic. Some post more than others simply because of opportunity. Some because of dedication. As far as I am aware everyone is granted respect.

    I know that sometimes people can come down hard on others, but that is usually after many promts and reminders about whatever offending behaviour may have instigated that response. On the old DET forum, one individual recieved many of these prompts, but chose to ignore them and more specifically increase his offending behaviour.

    I dont know what has happened with The Big Ram (TBR). What indiscretions may have occurred. If he's left or been banned or whatever. But, I'll just say that I have always had great Craic with TBR on the old DET site and elsewhere. I hope that he continues to contribute.

    I'm not going to say that he should contribute more, because I for one cannot criticise anyone for that. I'm hardly around these days just because of circumstances.

    Yet...despite the fact that I am hardly sround these days, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with some old faces and some new to attend the Watford shambles game.

    I think its good that some members have met up and some continue to do so. It does not mean that others are thought less well of it just means that some members have chosen to take their relationships with others further. Whats wrong with a bit of a booze up and pleasant conversation or wreckless night drooling over women in Vines and losing your hat. :whis:

    Just be who you are. dont take things too seriously or seriously at all. Lighten up a bit. Have the craic. We were all new members once and it takes time for forum banter to establish itself between members. I have great craic with some members, including one who I originally offended or upset when I commented on their 'fowl' posts.

    Anyway...there you are. No major thought into an insightful post. Just the thoughts that rattled off.

    Love to all.

    COYR's!
    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 43
    Location : Derby

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Igor-is-god on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 6:50 am

    Jesus Fionn...should we all lie on the couch and tell you about our father?
    avatar
    Bedlam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : V Spurs away 1972 won 0-1 Gladys scored If I remember correctly
    Number of posts : 7332
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 7505
    Age : 56
    Location : Krakatoa, East of Java

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Bedlam on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 12:17 pm

    Fionn wrote:Well...where do I start?

    I dont know what instigated this current debate, but I just thought I'd rattle off some thoughts as they come to mind without any major consideration or attempt to placate or annoy other posters.

    All communities have 'cliques' as they are often referred to. I dont believe that this site is really guilty of that. It just happens to have a group of similar minded folks who came together when the DET forum began to deteriorate. So there are bound to be historical 'in jokes' or general references that those posters share.

    I dont see this as being cliquey. It would only be a clique if others were made to feel unwelcome or if others were made to feel the need to change their personalities in order to fit in.

    Just because 'The Man' is trying to maintain a standard or regularity of contribution to this site doesn't make it unwelcoming. It's just trying to keep the forum becoming what the original founding members became to detest about the DET site.

    We all have our own charcters that together make for some good craic. Some post more than others simply because of opportunity. Some because of dedication. As far as I am aware everyone is granted respect.

    I know that sometimes people can come down hard on others, but that is usually after many promts and reminders about whatever offending behaviour may have instigated that response. On the old DET forum, one individual recieved many of these prompts, but chose to ignore them and more specifically increase his offending behaviour.

    I dont know what has happened with The Big Ram (TBR). What indiscretions may have occurred. If he's left or been banned or whatever. But, I'll just say that I have always had great Craic with TBR on the old DET site and elsewhere. I hope that he continues to contribute.

    I'm not going to say that he should contribute more, because I for one cannot criticise anyone for that. I'm hardly around these days just because of circumstances.

    Yet...despite the fact that I am hardly sround these days, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with some old faces and some new to attend the Watford shambles game.

    I think its good that some members have met up and some continue to do so. It does not mean that others are thought less well of it just means that some members have chosen to take their relationships with others further. Whats wrong with a bit of a booze up and pleasant conversation or wreckless night drooling over women in Vines and losing your hat.

    Just be who you are. dont take things too seriously or seriously at all. Lighten up a bit. Have the craic. We were all new members once and it takes time for forum banter to establish itself between members. I have great craic with some members, including one who I originally offended or upset when I commented on their 'fowl' posts.

    Anyway...there you are. No major thought into an insightful post. Just the thoughts that rattled off.

    Love to all.

    COYR's!

    That sums it all up for me.

    AlvoRAM

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 95
    First ever game : Barnsley 95
    Number of posts : 6285
    Registration date : 2010-03-24
    Points : 6650
    Age : 35
    Location : Alvaston

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by AlvoRAM on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 3:38 pm

    What's this craic you're all talking about??? Can I have some?
    avatar
    Bedlam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : V Spurs away 1972 won 0-1 Gladys scored If I remember correctly
    Number of posts : 7332
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 7505
    Age : 56
    Location : Krakatoa, East of Java

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Bedlam on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 3:52 pm

    Just say NO Alvo.
    avatar
    The Big Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1955
    First ever game : Derby v Scunthorpe 1963
    Number of posts : 114
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 121
    Location : Chad

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by The Big Ram on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 5:40 pm

    Fionn wrote:Well...where do I start?

    I dont know what instigated this current debate, but I just thought I'd rattle off some thoughts as they come to mind without any major consideration or attempt to placate or annoy other posters.

    All communities have 'cliques' as they are often referred to. I dont believe that this site is really guilty of that. It just happens to have a group of similar minded folks who came together when the DET forum began to deteriorate. So there are bound to be historical 'in jokes' or general references that those posters share.

    I dont see this as being cliquey. It would only be a clique if others were made to feel unwelcome or if others were made to feel the need to change their personalities in order to fit in.

    Just because 'The Man' is trying to maintain a standard or regularity of contribution to this site doesn't make it unwelcoming. It's just trying to keep the forum becoming what the original founding members became to detest about the DET site.

    We all have our own charcters that together make for some good craic. Some post more than others simply because of opportunity. Some because of dedication. As far as I am aware everyone is granted respect.

    I know that sometimes people can come down hard on others, but that is usually after many promts and reminders about whatever offending behaviour may have instigated that response. On the old DET forum, one individual recieved many of these prompts, but chose to ignore them and more specifically increase his offending behaviour.

    I dont know what has happened with The Big Ram (TBR). What indiscretions may have occurred. If he's left or been banned or whatever. But, I'll just say that I have always had great Craic with TBR on the old DET site and elsewhere. I hope that he continues to contribute.

    I'm not going to say that he should contribute more, because I for one cannot criticise anyone for that. I'm hardly around these days just because of circumstances.

    Yet...despite the fact that I am hardly sround these days, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with some old faces and some new to attend the Watford shambles game.

    I think its good that some members have met up and some continue to do so. It does not mean that others are thought less well of it just means that some members have chosen to take their relationships with others further. Whats wrong with a bit of a booze up and pleasant conversation or wreckless night drooling over women in Vines and losing your hat. :whis:

    Just be who you are. dont take things too seriously or seriously at all. Lighten up a bit. Have the craic. We were all new members once and it takes time for forum banter to establish itself between members. I have great craic with some members, including one who I originally offended or upset when I commented on their 'fowl' posts.

    Anyway...there you are. No major thought into an insightful post. Just the thoughts that rattled off.

    Love to all.

    COYR's!

    :fb11: Thumbs up
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10292
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11315
    Age : 55
    Location : Derby

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Mucker1884 on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 7:44 pm

    Bedlam wrote:
    Fionn wrote:Well...where do I start?

    I dont know what instigated this current debate, but I just thought I'd rattle off some thoughts as they come to mind without any major consideration or attempt to placate or annoy other posters.

    All communities have 'cliques' as they are often referred to. I dont believe that this site is really guilty of that. It just happens to have a group of similar minded folks who came together when the DET forum began to deteriorate. So there are bound to be historical 'in jokes' or general references that those posters share.

    I dont see this as being cliquey. It would only be a clique if others were made to feel unwelcome or if others were made to feel the need to change their personalities in order to fit in.

    Just because 'The Man' is trying to maintain a standard or regularity of contribution to this site doesn't make it unwelcoming. It's just trying to keep the forum becoming what the original founding members became to detest about the DET site.

    We all have our own charcters that together make for some good craic. Some post more than others simply because of opportunity. Some because of dedication. As far as I am aware everyone is granted respect.

    I know that sometimes people can come down hard on others, but that is usually after many promts and reminders about whatever offending behaviour may have instigated that response. On the old DET forum, one individual recieved many of these prompts, but chose to ignore them and more specifically increase his offending behaviour.

    I dont know what has happened with The Big Ram (TBR). What indiscretions may have occurred. If he's left or been banned or whatever. But, I'll just say that I have always had great Craic with TBR on the old DET site and elsewhere. I hope that he continues to contribute.

    I'm not going to say that he should contribute more, because I for one cannot criticise anyone for that. I'm hardly around these days just because of circumstances.

    Yet...despite the fact that I am hardly sround these days, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with some old faces and some new to attend the Watford shambles game.

    I think its good that some members have met up and some continue to do so. It does not mean that others are thought less well of it just means that some members have chosen to take their relationships with others further. Whats wrong with a bit of a booze up and pleasant conversation or wreckless night drooling over women in Vines and losing your hat.

    Just be who you are. dont take things too seriously or seriously at all. Lighten up a bit. Have the craic. We were all new members once and it takes time for forum banter to establish itself between members. I have great craic with some members, including one who I originally offended or upset when I commented on their 'fowl' posts.

    Anyway...there you are. No major thought into an insightful post. Just the thoughts that rattled off.

    Love to all.

    COYR's!

    That sums it all up for me.


    I think there's enough there to sum it up for ALL of us!! ne ne ne ne ne

    Sponsored content

    Re: Site debate 24/01

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon 19 Nov 2018, 2:31 pm