COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Share

    Poll

    January POTM

    [ 14 ]
    45% [45%] 
    [ 17 ]
    55% [55%] 

    Total Votes: 31
    avatar
    Barnstaple Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Too long ago to remember
    Number of posts : 10213
    Registration date : 2009-07-09
    Points : 12049
    Age : 49
    Location : In front of my computer

    January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by Barnstaple Ram on Fri 04 Feb 2011, 8:12 pm

    OK folks the nominations has now closed and I can reveal that this month the vote is between

    Yojimbo - Nominated by several memebers for his Open letter to Glick and general posting

    and

    Derby Ginge - Nominators quoted amongst other comments "Greatly Improved, Presents his ideas well, Highly Original new thread

    So time to get the votes in folks
    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 42
    Location : Derby

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by Igor-is-god on Fri 04 Feb 2011, 8:19 pm

    Jimbo - because of his drunken tirades and because he's (mostly) right. Now then you never thought you would hear me say that did you?



    Jake Buxton will put you on your arse
    avatar
    robtheglostaram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03
    Points : 12737
    Age : 31
    Location : Cambridge

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by robtheglostaram on Fri 04 Feb 2011, 10:46 pm

    Gooooooooooooooooooooooo on Ginge lad!
    avatar
    Mucker1884

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10233
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Points : 11247
    Age : 54
    Location : Derby

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by Mucker1884 on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 7:19 am

    The way I'm thinking here, I feel I'm cheating slightly. But I make no apologies.

    As far as January is concerned, I think there's no doubt that Jimbo's open letter was the clear highlight, and that he is consistently nominated for these awards for obvious reasons, and deservedly so, imho.

    However, I also think that Ginge was 'unlucky' to come face to face with the overwhelming sentiment that governed December's votes (A sentiment which I fully and wholeheartedly concurred with, I must add) and that he has shown so much improvement over the last few months, he deserves some sort of recognition.
    No, I don't think he was the overall best poster in January per se, hence the reference to my 'cheating'. But I do think it's time for him to be awarded.

    So, put it to one side/it's not his fault/it's too late to dye it now/I don't care what others' say, I think he's alright, blah, blah, blah..........and Vote Ginge!! ;)
    avatar
    whestonram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 247
    Registration date : 2010-10-09
    Points : 269
    Location : Sheffield

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by whestonram on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 10:49 am

    robtheglostaram wrote:Gooooooooooooooooooooooo on Ginge lad!

    you're winning, Ginge!!
    avatar
    JoetheRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Points : 5519
    Age : 25

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by JoetheRam on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 5:13 pm

    Oooh it's close!


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by Guest on Sun 06 Feb 2011, 1:40 am

    A bit late coming into this, but I think Ginge should get the Poster of the Month. It was (honourable) respect for UncleRam that robbed him last month and I think Ginge deserves a gong for the amount he's improved over the past 6 months. Though I'm still amused that he voted me as "Most Improved Poster" in the 2010 poll, despite the fact I was Poster of the Year 2009. The kid needs a bit of humility sometimes but props to him and I'm pleased that it looks like he'll get it.

    Thanks to those who nom'd and vote'd for me by the way. Appreciated. Why do I always get nominated when we're doing badly though? Must be 'cos I'm a grumpy bugger....
    avatar
    robtheglostaram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03
    Points : 12737
    Age : 31
    Location : Cambridge

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by robtheglostaram on Sun 06 Feb 2011, 12:47 pm

    Yojimbo wrote:A bit late coming into this, but I think Ginge should get the Poster of the Month. It was (honourable) respect for UncleRam that robbed him last month and I think Ginge deserves a gong for the amount he's improved over the past 6 months. Though I'm still amused that he voted me as "Most Improved Poster" in the 2010 poll, despite the fact I was Poster of the Year 2009. The kid needs a bit of humility sometimes but props to him and I'm pleased that it looks like he'll get it.

    Thanks to those who nom'd and vote'd for me by the way. Appreciated. Why do I always get nominated when we're doing badly though? Must be 'cos I'm a grumpy bugger....

    I like how this is posted when Ginge is already running away with it ne ne ne ne ne
    avatar
    Igor-is-god

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    Number of posts : 4025
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 4146
    Age : 42
    Location : Derby

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by Igor-is-god on Sun 06 Feb 2011, 12:51 pm

    robtheglostaram wrote:
    Yojimbo wrote:A bit late coming into this, but I think Ginge should get the Poster of the Month. It was (honourable) respect for UncleRam that robbed him last month and I think Ginge deserves a gong for the amount he's improved over the past 6 months. Though I'm still amused that he voted me as "Most Improved Poster" in the 2010 poll, despite the fact I was Poster of the Year 2009. The kid needs a bit of humility sometimes but props to him and I'm pleased that it looks like he'll get it.

    Thanks to those who nom'd and vote'd for me by the way. Appreciated. Why do I always get nominated when we're doing badly though? Must be 'cos I'm a grumpy bugger....



    I like how this is posted when Ginge is already running away with it ne ne ne ne ne
    I noticed that as well :lol!:



    Jake Buxton will put you on your arse

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by Guest on Mon 07 Feb 2011, 1:04 am

    Cynics! I know I'm a better poster than Ginge anyway, I don't need another jpeg under my avatar to tell me that. :lol!:
    avatar
    mace

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 5865
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Points : 7339

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by mace on Mon 07 Feb 2011, 7:53 am

    Yojimbo wrote:A bit late coming into this, but I think Ginge should get the Poster of the Month. It was (honourable) respect for UncleRam that robbed him last month and I think Ginge deserves a going over for the amount he's improved over the past 6 months. Though I'm still amused that he voted me as "Most Improved Poster" in the 2010 poll, despite the fact I was Poster of the Year 2009. The kid needs a bit of humility sometimes but props to him and I'm pleased that it looks like he'll get it.

    Thanks to those who nom'd and vote'd for me by the way. Appreciated. Why do I always get nominated when we're doing badly though? Must be 'cos I'm a grumpy bugger....
    There you go Jimbo we all know that's what you meant to type :whis:
    avatar
    Li 150
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 17391
    Age : 28
    Location : Germany

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by Li 150 on Mon 07 Feb 2011, 10:57 am

    Is it too late to say I am very happy that 2 other posters have been elected a poster's of the month as they are both great poster & I find it awkward when I am constantly in the running & winning such a coveted prize.
    I am glad that others also receive recognition & I hope one of them wins.




    Guest
    Guest

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by Guest on Mon 07 Feb 2011, 11:11 am

    Fine I'll be honest then.

    If Ginge wins, I'm leaving the board for good. You decide.
    avatar
    robtheglostaram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03
    Points : 12737
    Age : 31
    Location : Cambridge

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by robtheglostaram on Mon 07 Feb 2011, 11:14 am

    Yojimbo wrote:Fine I'll be honest then.

    If Ginge wins, I'm leaving the board for good. You decide.


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by Guest on Mon 07 Feb 2011, 11:17 am

    How many votes have you for this month Rob? :lol!:
    avatar
    Li 150
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 68
    First ever game : Hull City 2-2 28/08/68 Weds
    Number of posts : 14521
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 17391
    Age : 28
    Location : Germany

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by Li 150 on Mon 07 Feb 2011, 11:28 am

    ring side seats still available



    avatar
    robtheglostaram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03
    Points : 12737
    Age : 31
    Location : Cambridge

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by robtheglostaram on Mon 07 Feb 2011, 11:36 am

    Yojimbo wrote:How many votes have you for this month Rob? :lol!:

    I've -1 for you Jim, that's all that matters :yh:

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by Guest on Mon 07 Feb 2011, 12:07 pm

    Form is temporary, class is forever.

    Sponsored content

    Re: January Poster of the Month the Vote

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat 19 Aug 2017, 11:36 pm