Renewal (the optimistic view)

rjrules71

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4357
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

Renewal (the optimistic view)

Post by rjrules71 on Wed 25 May 2011, 6:48 pm

Mrs rj and myself were at PP yesterday, as we are moving seats this term as the stairs are getting a bit much for the old bones.

We were meet by a very personable young lass who took us around the ground despite the pouring rain,where some monster trucks are presently chewing up the pitch,(GSE eh never miss a $ do they?)
    Mrs rj, being female, had to try just about every seat in the east stand before settling on the first one, as is the feminine wont, and the young lass unflagging in her patience, could not have been more helpful with all the paperwork after.
    Whilst all this was taking place I had a wander along memory lane in my head, as I took a long look at the superb ground and facilities we have, remembering some of the great players and games to grace the wonderful stadium.
    By the time I left, I was so optimistic again for the new season.
    I know every one loves a good old gripe including me, but I truly love my football and my DCFC and nothing of any of the present issues is going to change that.

To all those who are still in doubt, go to the ground and hear the echoes of all the past events that have taken place at this marvellous venue, stand at pitch level and dwell on the skills and talents shown there, smile at the great goals you have witnessed, frown at the worse times, let the emotion of it all wash over you.
    FEEL it all again!

If you still cant decide after that then perhaps you better leave it there, football and DCFC is obviously not for you.
    robtheglostaram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 13
    First ever game : Derby vs Man Utd
    Number of posts : 10806
    Registration date : 2009-05-03

Re: Renewal (the optimistic view)

Post by robtheglostaram on Wed 25 May 2011, 9:11 pm

Pride Park still feels me with pride, I completely disagree that it is lifeless and empty and those that harp on about the BBG can have those memories - but to the younger gen', Pride Park is their BBG.

I really hope we can bring EPL football to it, as I think it would really come alive if we can compete and become established.
    rjrules71

Post by rjrules71 on Wed 25 May 2011, 9:18 pm

Rob

I totally agree with your comments, the ground needs EPL to bring it alive.
    With the south end full of away fans the atmosphere would be intense, and I long for the time we have owners that think big enough to see that far ahead.
    rayebb1

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1960
    First ever game : derby 2 liverpool 0 - 21/10/1961
    Number of posts : 336
    Registration date : 2010-10-01

Post by rayebb1 on Wed 25 May 2011, 9:31 pm

What a great post

We all need to feel goose pimples when we enter the Pride Park arena, we are privileged to support our favouite team, we are priviledged to be part of DCFC, it is our heritage, it is our destiny.

Supporters are the life blood of any club and the next generation will hopefully continue this tradition. We are statistically more likely to change our wife/partner then to change our football team!

When I hear young children say they support a 'top 4 club' then I feel sorry for them, they may have street cred, but they have no soul. Supporting your 'local team' is hard work, it hurts when things go wrong, but the highs are so high. Supporting DCFC means it is a roller coaster of a ride, but would we have it any other way?

We have heritage and we have pride, this is our team and we will always remember fondly the 'good old days' and optimistically await the 2011/12 season.

Some one asked me if I was I was pro Clough, I replied I am pro DCFC.

I therefore agree entirely with rirules71, we somtimes forget why we support this great institute we call the Rams.

rjrules71

Post by rjrules71 on Wed 25 May 2011, 10:01 pm

rayebb1 wrote:What a great post

We all need to feel goose pimples when we enter the Pride Park arena, we are privileged to support our favouite team, we are priviledged to be part of DCFC, it is our heritage, it is our destiny.

Supporters are the life blood of any club and the next generation will hopefully continue this tradition. We are statistically more likely to change our wife/partner then to change our football team!

When I hear young children say they support a 'top 4 club' then I feel sorry for them, they may have street cred, but they have no soul. Supporting your 'local team' is hard work, it hurts when things go wrong, but the highs are so high. Supporting DCFC means it is a roller coaster of a ride, but would we have it any other way?

We have heritage and we have pride, this is our team and we will always remember fondly the 'good old days' and optimistically await the 2011/12 season.

Some one asked me if I was I was pro Clough, I replied I am pro DCFC.

I therefore agree entirely with rirules71, we somtimes forget why we support this great institute we call the Rams.

Well said that man! Clapping Clapping Clapping

AlvoRAM

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 95
    First ever game : Barnsley 95
    Number of posts : 6285
    Registration date : 2010-03-24

Post by AlvoRAM on Wed 25 May 2011, 10:09 pm

Clapping Clapping Clapping

🙇 🙇 🙇

Clapping Clapping Clapping

3 great posts in a row (then I come along and break the cycle)

I still get goose pimples every time I come out onto the stands, I love pride park, it is more thank just a stadium to me. The last couple of years have seen the area around it coming to life on match days too, with the addition of Subway, F&B's etc and yes, unity plaza is a fantastic addition. I love our great club, and the hard times will only make the good times that little bit more special... I am already missing the football season, and can't wait until August, I feel sorry for anyone who has decided to sit the whole season out.
    JoetheRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1992
    First ever game : Leeds United 3-3, 1996
    Number of posts : 5404
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post by JoetheRam on Wed 25 May 2011, 10:22 pm

For me it's the mid winter night games at Pride Park that get me going - more sense of occasion.

Get home about 5, get changed, straight off out again, in town by 6, quick pint maybe depending on who i'm with, walk to the ground, get a burger from outside, take me place in the stands, jump up and down to keep warm, half time drink and then back out again, taking a slow walk back to the car with songs in your heart after a win or walking back in silence after the inevitable loss, before stopping off at 3 chefs in Littleover for a kebab on the way back and then staying up until 1 in the morning discussing the match.

I miss DCFC already. 😢

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 19 Feb 2018, 11:38 am