COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

A friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

EFL Championship table

Fun Trivia Daily Quiz

Search Come On You Rams

spyglass Search Come On You Rams

The next few weeks (months)

Stockport Ram
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 6564
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

The next few weeks (months) Empty The next few weeks (months)

Post by Stockport Ram Sun 15 Mar 2020, 9:58 am

Hi all,

This is by far and away my favourite Rams site, it feels like a large family with a shared passion.

The outside world has clearly (and rightly) put our passion on hold, but it shouldn't have to mean the site is eerily quiet.

I just wanted to suggest that we all keep popping in here with random thoughts and ideas over what will inevitably become trying times for all of us. Obviously our own families come first, but I know many of us were deeply worried about Jo's extended absence before the sad news which we were all dreading was provided.

On that basis, some of our most respected members are, shall we say, not in the first flushes of youth - so I know that many who live local to Derby and who know them in person will be minded to look after their safety and wellbeing - but for those of us far and wide (and in relative terms to NER, Calif, mcsilks, Ammy et al, I'm just down the road), it would be reassuring if the aforementioned "Grand Masters" could occasionally pop in online, just to let us know that they are ok.

I know we have the Damned Rams Daily quiz and if you haven't participated, please give it a go as its great fun. We could even have a quiz thread if anyone fancied it - I think we did this once before.

I'm rambling now, it must be my medication, but you get my gist.

Stay safe, and remember to clean your keyboard before you post. Wink
    mcsilks
    mcsilks

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 748
    Registration date : 2016-08-14

The next few weeks (months) Empty Re: The next few weeks (months)

Post by mcsilks Sun 15 Mar 2020, 11:44 am

Well said, Stockers. I'm still always on this site, even though nothing much is happening.

It's really interesting watching and reading what is happening back there in Blighty with this damned virus. Here in Japan, everything has calmed down and things are pretty much back to normal albeit the schools are closed for another fortnight.

My mother is coming over to Japan this week thus escaping the panic and seeming paranoia that the UK has descended into. I read today that the British government are to ask all over 70's to stay at home in isolation. Good luck with that...

Hope you can all carry on as normal as is allowed and have enough toilet paper to wipe those areas the sun doesn't reach.

Good luck folks Drink

New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 24387
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram Sun 15 Mar 2020, 1:13 pm

Agree with Silks well said Stocky..imagine the craziness without the internet.
    I think the fact that we run at a 20 or 30 crowd in here makes it even more personal at times like this.
    Hopefully we come through the madness unscathed me and Cal might have less chance because we are at the mercy of a fu**ing orange twa*. Stay safe folks chill out I suspect this situation will bring about some changes down the line.

The next few weeks (months) Nersig10
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 17129
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster Sun 15 Mar 2020, 5:35 pm

As of 18:00 CET today, Sunday 15/3, the Dutch government has decreed that the schools and nurseries will close for 3 weeks.

Further, all bars, pubs, clubs, restaurants, sports clubs will shut for 3 weeks. That means the Soul dayer planned for next Thursday won't take place.

They have also intimated that further measures may be taken in the next couple of weeks. That will, I fear, include a travel ban both in and out of the country which will bugger us travelling to the Red Dogs game if it actually goes ahead.

All sad and unwanted as the above may be, me and mine are still healthy and fully intend to stay that way and there are many, many people in really treacherous situations. I'll count my blessings and continue to do what I do and hope those affected by Covid 19 are healthy again asap.
    Calif_Ramette
    Calif_Ramette

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 3079
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by Calif_Ramette Sun 15 Mar 2020, 10:04 pm

The Governor of California has ordered all bars/wineries/brew pubs closed. He hasn't ordered all schools closed but over 85% of students in the state are out of school, my kid will get out on the 18th. He is telling anyone over 65 and the chronically ill to stay home as well. I expect the Governor to close all schools by the end of the week, he is concerned about rural schools the most which I live in.

I started training to be a welder last semester so it seems this semester is a wash which is disappointing to say the least but I understand why. Pray for me as I will be with my son for over two weeks with nothing to do lol
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 6006
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam Sun 15 Mar 2020, 11:24 pm

A thread started from the heart Stocky.

It is going to be a rough time for Mrs Sawley and I as we are both over 70 with underling health problems and the isolation that is asked for has now stopped us nightclubbing and the swinging parties have been cancelled.Whistle

Uncle Syd (Smooth) appears to be the eldest statesman on here so please keep in touch Syd and let us all know you are safe.

Family, friends and members of this forum are important to our sanity in these insane times.

It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 17129
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster Mon 16 Mar 2020, 8:51 am

Stay safe Sawls. I'm a mere 66 but, despite my being pretty damned active (150-200Km on the bike in the summer, reffing twice a month in the footy season and doing these all nighter soul gigs) I too have underlying health conditions. I will be giving my 20 speed Guerciotto Alero its annual service this week and get back out on the roads, lycra and all. It's good for me, keeps me fit and I am out and about in the fresh air.

As with most things, I am the exception that proves the rule, I am the lycra lout who obeys the Laws of the Road.

Uncle Syd should be fine as nursey will ensure he gets his daily brandy medicine.

Stay safe one and all. It looks like there might be a vaccination available soon.... https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/15/coronavirus-vaccine-doses-trial-be-delivered-monda/?fbclid=IwAR1lI5cpa5Y8EMx8Po8jMxtcFR8XZxFRZ3qLM5NTNfUCzIoZ1Klj0tTyrnE
    bramhallram
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 4393
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram Mon 16 Mar 2020, 10:16 am

Hmm. "...a year to 18 months to fully validate any potential vaccine"

Doesn't sound like my idea of 'soon'.

Good luck, everyone...

New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 24387
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram Mon 16 Mar 2020, 2:10 pm

Fear not folks let’s keep laughing and get through this.

The next few weeks (months) Nersig10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 08 Mar 2021, 9:40 pm