COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

A friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

EFL Championship table

Fun Trivia Daily Quiz

Search Come On You Rams

spyglass Search Come On You Rams

Mark O'Brien

RamsReviewPodcast
    RamsReviewPodcast

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2020-12-21

Mark O'Brien Empty Mark O'Brien

Post by RamsReviewPodcast Tue 05 Jan 2021, 11:53 am

Hi Everyone!

We've got a Bonus Pod! Rams Review Meets....former Derby defender Mark O’Brien!

We spoke about his recovery from heart surgery, building mental resilience, his memories of Derby, Nigel Clough, his time post Derby at Motherwell and Luton and eventually finding a home at Newport County. We also discuss his Wembley memories and what he's up to now and what's next for him!

Listen Here!: Rams Review Meets Mark O'Brien

Give it a listen and let us know your thoughts!
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 17258
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Mark O'Brien Empty Re: Mark O'Brien

Post by MadAmster Wed 06 Jan 2021, 9:16 am

Met him and his family at Moor Farm on one of my trips there many moons ago, just after he joined. He and his family were nice, genuine people. I'd just watched an U18s game along with 20 or so UEFA B candidates I'd taken on a week's practical at Moor Farm. I was stood next to the family on the side line and had had a chat during the game. When Mark came over post game I went to retreat and leave the family to chat with Mark. They would have none of it. I was introduced to Mark and chatted to him and the family for a few minutes before going off to one of the meeting rooms to dissect the game with the trainee coaches. Lovely lad, lovely family.

Current date/time is Thu 13 May 2021, 1:37 pm