COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

A friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

EFL Championship table

Fun Trivia Daily Quiz

Search Come On You Rams

spyglass Search Come On You Rams

Wycombe away

MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 17129
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Wycombe away Empty Wycombe away

Post by MadAmster Wed 17 Feb 2021, 8:06 am

In a nutshell, that's two games on the bounce where we weren't much cop but picked up the 3 points. More to the point we were lucky to get anything out of the game at all. We were less effective than we had been against Boro. We were visibly out of our depth against yet another lump and hope team.

One bright spot was us getting the rub of the green on a call. I'm convinced their disallowed goal at 0-0 was not offside. One that went our way at last.

The game? The stats showed we had 59% possession, 14 shots, 3 of which were on target to their 17 and 6. Corners were 5-3 in their favour and we committed one more foul 15-14.

Quality from Derby was hard to find. Good corner from Waggy saw Ikpeazu head it inside the near post for our opener. That was our 2nd stroke of luck, the first being their disallowed job. We had the greater possession but they seemed to spend rather more time in our half than we did in theirs.

You could say we showed our defensive grit again and, to an extent we did. I often have an opinion on what we could/should do to improve. I have to admit to struggling to find the answer to our inability to deal with teams who press and harry us in midfield when we are in possession and then lump the ball towards our box when they are in possession, completely cutting out their own midfield. Be it defensively or attackingly, we struggle against those tactics and, more often than not, we lose.

I'm just glad we have most of the hit and hopers behind us now and we can start picking up even more points from top half clubs.

Next up is Watford away on Friday. They are a footballing side and it's a game we can do well in.
    rob
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2785
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Wycombe away Empty Re: Wycombe away

Post by rob Wed 17 Feb 2021, 9:17 am

credit where it is due - more resilient and much better results than under cockup and despite our worst season in years we are still above the dogs :-)
    Loughborough Ram
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 12223
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram Wed 17 Feb 2021, 9:18 am

The offside goal was definitely onside, I've paused it on the highlights and it isn't even close.

Not the best performance but did any of us expect it to be playing against a lower table side? Wisdom had a good game, as did Marshall, the rest not so great. I think that Roberts looks promising if a bit lightweight, Meghi has a lot to learn and in my opinion is now behind Edmondson who made the odd poor pass but also showed some positive signs. I like the way that he is keen to carry the ball to the opposition, he looks like he enjoys the physical side of the game and whilst he isn't Matt Clarke he looks like he may provide decent cover.

3 points is not to be sniffed at.
    ToonRam
    ToonRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1962
    First ever game : Too small to remember...
    Number of posts : 426
    Registration date : 2017-07-21

Post by ToonRam Wed 17 Feb 2021, 9:54 am

A fortunate 3 points but I'll take them all day when it is scrappy like that. Play-Offs here we come... 🤫
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 24387
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram Wed 17 Feb 2021, 2:28 pm

Could you imagine a Lampard or Cocu led team dealing with that ?
    Maybe for the first time in a long time we are learning to truly scrap first. After the Rotherham bullying incident we have bounced back against two big bas*ard teams to whom playing football is secondary and we have battled through. Again for the first time in years balls are going into our box and to a man we are winning it be it headers or volleyed clearances. Brave and intelligent team selection last night adding size. The young lad at right back stuck to his task and they were flooding that side Forsyth didn’t let them down and both regular starters are not beaten up and are fresh for Watford a footballing team that they can get forward against. Four of the five new signings have all made contributions over the last two games to bring in points. Jozwiak remains a frustration for me always one step or one touch away from being effective. That said he’s young and adapting to a new country a new league in what was a struggling team. I wonder if he he would be more effective on the right with less instruction or need to cut inside all the time. If he was the finished product then he wouldn’t be playing for us in the first place and I actually wonder if at the moment he’s selected more for his intense work rate than he is his offensive ability.

Wycombe away Nersig10
    mcsilks
    mcsilks

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 748
    Registration date : 2016-08-14

Post by mcsilks Wed 17 Feb 2021, 3:25 pm

New England Ram wrote:Jozwiak remains a frustration for me always one step or one touch away from being effective. That said he’s young and adapting to a new country a new league in what was a struggling team. I wonder if he he would be more effective on the right with less instruction or need to cut inside all the time. If he was the finished product then he wouldn’t be playing for us in the first place and I actually wonder if at the moment he’s selected more for his intense work rate than he is his offensive ability.

I'm beginning to wonder about Jozwiak NER. As soon as Lawrence is fit, he'll struggle to get into this side. When Sibley rediscovers his mojo, Jozwiak will likely move further down the pecking order. I think he's struggled to adapt for the most part and if it wasn't for his work rate, he'd be receiving fan abuse. Lawrence may be a 1 in 10 game player, but that is more than what we are getting from the Pole at the minute. It's difficult to be too critical f the player, but he has to start showing something soon.
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 24387
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram Wed 17 Feb 2021, 6:39 pm

mcsilks wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:Jozwiak remains a frustration for me always one step or one touch away from being effective. That said he’s young and adapting to a new country a new league in what was a struggling team. I wonder if he he would be more effective on the right with less instruction or need to cut inside all the time. If he was the finished product then he wouldn’t be playing for us in the first place and I actually wonder if at the moment he’s selected more for his intense work rate than he is his offensive ability.

I'm beginning to wonder about Jozwiak NER. As soon as Lawrence is fit, he'll struggle to get into this side. When Sibley rediscovers his mojo, Jozwiak will likely move further down the pecking order. I think he's struggled to adapt for the most part and if it wasn't for his work rate, he'd be receiving fan abuse. Lawrence may be a 1 in 10 game player, but that is more than what we are getting from the Pole at the minute. It's difficult to be too critical f the player, but he has to start showing something soon.

Let’s hope it’s a period of adjustment for the lad Silks. If there is an adjustment he can make and he can come to grips with the championship then I can see him being exciting and a key player for us moving forward. If this is as good as it gets it’s gonna get really frustrating. The other factor that might work for him is when he’s in a team that’s dominating possession and dictating the play.

Wycombe away Nersig10
    Calif_Ramette
    Calif_Ramette

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 3079
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by Calif_Ramette Thu 18 Feb 2021, 12:33 am

It is sooooo nice to snatch a victory with a last minute goal instead of being on the receiving end of one. Played like dog sh*t in the second half but I'll take it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 08 Mar 2021, 10:01 pm