COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

A friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

EFL Championship table

Fun Trivia Daily Quiz

Search Come On You Rams

spyglass Search Come On You Rams

Huddersfield

chicken
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14807
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Huddersfield  Empty Huddersfield

Post by chicken Tue 23 Feb 2021, 9:12 pm

Keogh playing Waghorn onside and then running like he had concrete boots on trying to catch him is the funniest thing I’ve seen for ages.

That is all.

DavesaRam likes this post

Stockport Ram
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 6564
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Huddersfield  Empty Re: Huddersfield

Post by Stockport Ram Wed 24 Feb 2021, 7:53 am

chicken wrote:Keogh playing Waghorn onside and then running like he had concrete boots on trying to catch him is the funniest thing I’ve seen for ages.

That is all.

He's lost that half yard he almost never had. Without that to get him out of trouble he's shot, and has to play 1-2 yards deeper than their back line to compensate - and he knows it.  They will leak goals and could well be dragged into the scrap at the bottom.

What a shame.

Just for you, Chick:

"We scored two, two, two and the other team scored none,
    We scored two, two, two and we blummin' chuffin' won,
    Richard Keogh, what a plank, playing Waghorn just onside,
    Waggy scores with aplomb leaving Dick nowhere to hide."

chicken and DavesaRam like this post

newleaf
    newleaf

First ever game : Kevin Hectors debut game at home 24 sept 1966
    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2020-11-30

Post by newleaf Wed 24 Feb 2021, 8:51 am

Very important 3 points .

Delighted.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 17129
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster Wed 24 Feb 2021, 10:44 am

For 15 minutes we gave them a yard and a half too much space and they looked both comfortable and dangerous without really looking like scoring. Throughout the game they had the majority of the ball but did nowt with it. With just 35% possession we had 12 shots, 4 on target to their 5 and 1. After the opening it was only the Rams who looked like they'd do anything. Nice little header from Edmundson put us ahead. A great pass from Kaz to Waggy, who was played onside by Keogh proving the old "once a Ram, always a Ram" adage, saw Waggy run towards their box, moving from right to left, pulling the keeper to the side and then put a great looping shot just inside the right hand post.

I feel for Keogh. The injury sustained in the crash has robbed him of a yard of speed and also taken the edge off his game. He is by no means the player we had. It's a shame.

Impressed by Rooney. We were the better side for the 2nd 2/3 of the first half, deservedly ahead and looking like being the only side likely to score. He chose, nevertheless, to change formation and personnel at HT. It's ben a while since we had a gaffer who would do that. When he got the job I was one of the "I'll give him the benefit of any doubt and hope it works out" crew. 6 wins from the last 8 games and the way we are playing seem to be showing that he's got what it takes.
    DavesaRam
    DavesaRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 1204
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by DavesaRam Wed 24 Feb 2021, 4:28 pm

We just had a reminder of what it was like watching Cocu-ball. The first ten minutes of "Oh, it looks like they've got something to offer", followed a few minutes later by "Nothing to see here. Move along please". Well played, Huddersfield!

Apparently Wayne told the players that he'd got the tactics wrong in the first half - what an admission. I thought he's actually done rather well first half - it took us 10 minutes to get to grips with the game, during which time they had their one chance on goal, then we simply stepped up and snuffed them out. It seemed to have worked well, but Wayne thought it could have been better. I simply thought that his change of tactics was to throw Huddersfield off the scent again after making their half-time changes to their tactics to get back in the game again. So instead of offering to further assist Wayne in his endeavours, I'll carry on driving my lorry.

If Kaz's through ball was as good as a George Thorne through ball, it would have been George Thorne-esque. But it wasn't. IT was a pretty dammed good through ball though! But he is competing against George's through-ball against Huddersfield which threaded its way immaculately through about 8 or 9 defenders to pick out Johnnie Russell who had run all the way round the outside of that packed defence and dinked the ball over the keeper. I had high hopes of Waggy doing something similar on Kaz's through-ball. Actually, no I didn't, but he did fail to completely foul up yet another one-on-one and it was game over! As far as I know, that is Waggy's first ever one-on-one goal in a Derby shirt!

When he came on after half-time I really did wonder what it is he's got on Rooney, fully expecting him to show us a variety of ways to bounce the ball of his shins, put the ball over the bar, and put it over the opposite touchline, along with a couple of reckless challenges. And despite sealing the match, his other contributions included a corner which didn't clear 2 feet above the ground and went straight into the side netting, and a shot ballooned over the bar. So at least we got the real deal back after the goal!

A big shout-out for the ref - he missed a clear yellow (foul on Gregory, I believe) in the first half, and maybe the first yellow card for Brown was a bit harsh, but he hardly put a foot wrong. Which is a shame, as he probably got sacked this morning for being good at a Derby County match!

In the end we won the game at a canter, probably conserving energy for Friday. And despite the result, which still helped us, let's hope that Rotherham did to Forest what they did to our players. That would mean that Forest would be whittled down to the last 147  players in their squad!

Fact is our form should be frightening the Trees silly. Here's hoping! Oh, and finally, Wayne Rooney certainly knows how to do his homework, because he's found out that Notts Forest hate being called Notts Forest, and uses the term of endearment at every opportunity. What a guy!

chicken and Jackal like this post

chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14807
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken Wed 24 Feb 2021, 6:33 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:
    chicken wrote:Keogh playing Waghorn onside and then running like he had concrete boots on trying to catch him is the funniest thing I’ve seen for ages.

That is all.

He's lost that half yard he almost never had. Without that to get him out of trouble he's shot, and has to play 1-2 yards deeper than their back line to compensate - and he knows it.  They will leak goals and could well be dragged into the scrap at the bottom.

What a shame.

Just for you, Chick:

"We scored two, two, two and the other team scored none,
    We scored two, two, two and we blummin' chuffin' won,
    Richard Keogh, what a plank, playing Waghorn just onside,
    Waggy scores with aplomb leaving Dick nowhere to hide."

Brilliant. LOL roll
    Bobbies Helmet
    Bobbies Helmet

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1884
    First ever game : Burnley away 1975
    Number of posts : 610
    Registration date : 2017-11-25

Post by Bobbies Helmet Wed 24 Feb 2021, 8:11 pm

Apparently Keogh went out for A drink with Tiger Woods last night, they found him this morning fast asleep on the parcel shelve

Jackal likes this post

Jackal
    Jackal

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 1259
    Registration date : 2014-09-08

Post by Jackal Wed 24 Feb 2021, 8:33 pm

Bobbies Helmet wrote:Apparently Keogh went out for A drink with Tiger Woods last night, they found him this morning fast asleep on the parcel shelve
    Afraid Ambulance Stirring the pot
    rob
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2785
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob Thu 25 Feb 2021, 8:54 am

what is impressing me most is he picks the team to play according to the opposition - which will keep them guessing - and even more impressive is not afraid to change things if they are not working - I think he has it in him to be a really good manager - and I never EVER thought I would be saying that.

Well done Mr Rooney you have changed my opinion. Thank the stars Mel was brave enough to ditch the cockup experiment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 08 Mar 2021, 9:10 pm