COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

A friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

EFL Championship table

Fun Trivia Daily Quiz

Search Come On You Rams

spyglass Search Come On You Rams

    Ooops He's Done It Again

    DavesaRam
    DavesaRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 1214
    Registration date : 2011-10-15
    Points : 1408
    Age : 64
    Location : Allestree

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by DavesaRam Sat 13 Mar 2021, 7:04 pm

    Well once more WE ENDED THE MATCH WITH THE TEAM THAT SHOULD HAVE STARTED IT. yes, I shouted that bit, but I have said it many, many times this season. Some people say that by the time we actually put the right side out the game is over and the opposition are sitting back seeing the match out, but I disagree, because most teams are still looking to turn us and hit us on the break. In reality when you start a match with 7 defensive minded players, the outcome is a more or less foregone conclusion, no matter who we are playing.

    Unfortunately Wayne seems to be stuck with the idea of trying to not lose, which might seem like it is working, until we are losing. Then its game over because there is nowhere to go, especially as Wayne doesn't even try to go anywhere until it is too late. I can remember under Jim Smith we saw some of the most fantastic football with a really upbeat, "Let's have a go at them" attitude - until Steve MaClaren was poached by Manure. Then he went into the same "try to not lose" attitude we have grabbed with both hands right now, and there was only one outcome.

    And so to the match. It seemed like the plan was to cross to the far post for Fozzy to get on the end of, knowing how difficult Millwalls poo-house defending would be. The one he put wide was actually Millwall doing poo-house defending because the defender nudged Fozzy just as he jumped for the ball meaning that he met the ball a bit to the right of where he should have, and that sent the ball wide. Unfortunately apart from his ability to cross the ball, playing him that high up the pitch backfired because he simply doesn't have the skill on the ball to do that job. Byrne played well, probably our best player on the day, Menghi looked class at first, then he goofed for the goal, and then started letting the ball run under his foot. And until the substitutions, that's about it, performance wise. CKR didn't do too well, but had poor service, and because we had fielded about 275 defenders, there were no players running off him, plus he had 3 defenders holding hands with him all game long, so he had very little room to do what he does. The substitutions meant that suddenly we had the potential to make something happen for the first time in the match. Sibley should have scored his chance, but it came to him in an instance, and he's only been on the pitch for a couple of minutes. If only he could have the 20 or so chances that Waghorn needs to score, then who knows what he could do. Maybe even score a goal or two? Oh, and comparing Joswiack with Johnny Russell is not on. I have wanted to support Joswiack because he always has 3 or more defenders on him when he has the ball, but that glorious opportunity from Watson's brilliant through ball summed him up, and I think his time is up. Sibley in his place please. Except that Tom is due back, so Sibbers is going to have to wait for Tom to not produce for the next 57 matches before he gets another sniff of starting. Rage

    And Darren England. good grief! He didn't give us the obligatory opening 15 minutes before cocking things up. Everybody knows that Evans should have been long gone, but all match long until he was substituted, Wallace's entire match plan was to commit fouls. He must have given at least 15 away, so he too should have walked for persistent fouling. And Pearce wacking his studs into CKR's back - England wasn't even going to give the free-kick, let alone get a card out - and it too could have been red. Imagine that - a decent ref and Millwall would have been down to 8 players! That was never going to happen, was it?

    So what we had was an incredible attempt to win the "worst performance in a Derby County game" award, just like the pillock of a ref on Wednesday night. But this is Derby County, and we absolutely thrashed him to take the prize for ourselves, yet again. In the end we only have ourselves to blame for the result.

    Will I bother for the Brentford match? I have no intention at the moment. But there was an ad for SkySports a few years ago, where a dad says to his son "Be careful son, because when you choose your team, it's yours for life". So I'll see you for the Brentford match, then?

    ToonRam likes this post

    MadAmster
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 17193
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 19658
    Age : 67
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by MadAmster Sat 13 Mar 2021, 8:20 pm

    1st minute Knight should have been carded. In the next 2 minutes he was fouled twice. 1st not given. 2nd given against him. How did Evans not get sent off? How did Pearce not get booked for studs in Kaz's back.

    They had 2 shots all game, 1 on target and that went in. We had 13 and 3. Fozzy should have headed down with his 1st attempt and, as Dave said, got a nudge which is why he put it wide. Joz had a decent shot well saved.

    We had something like 70% possession but did nothing like enough with it. Let's have players up with CKR as opposed to "wingers" who spend too much time in defensive roles. Having said that, Waggy did roam today and had his best game for a while.

    I'd love to see Sibs in the #10 role, working round CKR.

    I'd love to see Watson given a go from the off.

    Aint gonna happen though.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 17193
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 19658
    Age : 67
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by MadAmster Sun 14 Mar 2021, 10:24 am

    Forgot to mention their goal........ one of 2, or was it 3, unmarked players in the box got his head to it and in it went.

    Having said that, it all started wide left when they got a free kick that shouldn't have been awarded. From that they got the corner and from that they got the goal.

    Suffice it to say I was not impressed by Dazzer.
    Stockport Ram
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 6582
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 7241
    Age : 55
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by Stockport Ram Sun 14 Mar 2021, 11:59 am

    This season continues to remind me, more and more, of 1982/3 and "the Great Escape".

    15 points from 21, rock bottom, and suddenly we go on a run. A win on the last day with the crowd man marking the Fulham players far better than we marked the Millwall team from that half time corner yesterday.

    The even more ominous overtones are that we got away with it that year, but the writing was on the wall for everyone to see - just as it is now. The followng season we were relegated without so much as a whimper....

    prideParkhead likes this post

    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 24401
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 29107
    Age : 61
    Location : Boston USA

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by New England Ram Sun 14 Mar 2021, 7:49 pm

    I do not see Sibley as the answer to our problems. Looks lightweight when he comes on. He’s either chopping someone down or looking to frail to be effective . The only option I see in the ten role is Lawrence and go hope that his average of 2 good games in 10 yields us 6pts. Hopefully his time out has refocused him. Watson for Knight who’s strength has only ever been the ground he covers. Buchanan back in for Fozzy against a footballing team likewise Roberts for Jozwiak because Brentford won’t rough him up and won’t pack it in at the back.



    Ooops He's Done It Again Nersig10
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 17193
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 19658
    Age : 67
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by MadAmster Mon 15 Mar 2021, 8:17 am

    Right through the 18s and the 23s and his breakthrough into the senior squad, he was an ACM. His less impressive displays of late have been wide left.

    Oops we did it again. How often do we see Derby take good players, play them out of position and then claim they were never that good anyway........
    Loughborough Ram
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 12232
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 14890
    Location : Doghouse

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by Loughborough Ram Mon 15 Mar 2021, 10:09 am

    In my opinion the problem with Sibley in the number 10 role is his lack of willingness to defend. He is great going forward but even as a 10 you have some defensive responsibilities. I think the first sign of this for me was when Bradley Johnson scored against us in the first few games of the season. He was free on the edge of our box while Sibley was stood along side whoever was playing up front that day. If you are playing 10, the opposition DCM is tasked with stopping you and the supply to you. You cannot therefore just let him run forward on his own when the opposition have the ball, it can happen on quick breaks but when the opposition attack as a team you have a responsibility to do your bit.

    I think that overall Sibley's general indiscipline is the main reason he doesn't start games because he has the talent.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 17193
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 19658
    Age : 67
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by MadAmster Mon 15 Mar 2021, 11:38 am

    With you on his indiscipline. Last week he left his loot in on the oppo keeper. Surprised he wasn't booked. Should have been.
    bramhallram
    bramhallram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 4410
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 4719
    Age : 70
    Location : Bramhall

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by bramhallram Mon 15 Mar 2021, 12:11 pm

    Stockport Ram wrote:This season continues to remind me, more and more, of 1982/3 and "the Great Escape".

    The even more ominous overtones are that we got away with it that year, but the writing was on the wall for everyone to see - just as it is now. The followng season we were relegated without so much as a whimper....

    Dead right, Stocky. We were abysmal on the pitch and in serious financial trouble all through that season. Sounds familiar ? In fact, if it hadn't been for Stuart Webb's tenacity in sorting out a deal with the Inland Revenue we'd probably have gone out of business in 1983. It was that close.

    Rams fans of a certain age must be getting worried. We've been here before.

    .
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 17193
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 19658
    Age : 67
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by MadAmster Mon 15 Mar 2021, 12:53 pm

    bramhallram wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:This season continues to remind me, more and more, of 1982/3 and "the Great Escape".

    The even more ominous overtones are that we got away with it that year, but the writing was on the wall for everyone to see - just as it is now. The followng season we were relegated without so much as a whimper....

    Dead right, Stocky. We were abysmal on the pitch and in serious financial trouble all through that season. Sounds familiar ? In fact, if it hadn't been for Stuart Webb's tenacity in sorting out a deal with the Inland Revenue we'd probably have gone out of business in 1983. It was that close.

    Rams fans of a certain age must be getting worried. We've been here before.

    .

    .... and no doubt will be again. It's the Derby Way.
    Stockport Ram
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 6582
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 7241
    Age : 55
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by Stockport Ram Mon 15 Mar 2021, 1:42 pm

    bramhallram wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:This season continues to remind me, more and more, of 1982/3 and "the Great Escape".

    The even more ominous overtones are that we got away with it that year, but the writing was on the wall for everyone to see - just as it is now. The followng season we were relegated without so much as a whimper....

    Dead right, Stocky. We were abysmal on the pitch and in serious financial trouble all through that season. Sounds familiar ? In fact, if it hadn't been for Stuart Webb's tenacity in sorting out a deal with the Inland Revenue we'd probably have gone out of business in 1983. It was that close.

    Rams fans of a certain age must be getting worried. We've been here before.

    .

    I omitted the financial part but its even more relevant, as you say, BR.

    If either Roos or Marshall concede direct from a corner in the F A Cup quarter final next season then I'll definitely show my posterior in Woollies though !

    casinoram likes this post

    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 24401
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 29107
    Age : 61
    Location : Boston USA

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by New England Ram Tue 16 Mar 2021, 11:38 pm

    New England Ram wrote:I do not see Sibley as the answer to our problems. Looks lightweight when he comes on. He’s either chopping someone down or looking to frail to be effective . The only option I see in the ten role is Lawrence and go hope that his average of 2 good games in 10 yields us 6pts. Hopefully his time out has refocused him. Watson for Knight who’s strength has only ever been the ground he covers. Buchanan back in for Fozzy against a footballing team likewise Roberts for Jozwiak because Brentford won’t rough him up and won’t pack it in at the back.

    APOLOGIES SIBS Clapping



    Ooops He's Done It Again Nersig10
    Playerupdate
    Playerupdate

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2021-04-01
    Points : 1

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Update

    Post by Playerupdate Thu 01 Apr 2021, 4:40 pm

    Investigation complete.

    Nothing further we can do.

    Matter is being filed.

    avatar
    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14809
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16297

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by chicken Thu 01 Apr 2021, 5:55 pm

    Playerupdate wrote:Investigation complete.

    Nothing further we can do.

    Matter is being filed.


    ??
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 17193
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 19658
    Age : 67
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by MadAmster Fri 02 Apr 2021, 5:16 pm

    chicken wrote:
    Playerupdate wrote:Investigation complete.

    Nothing further we can do.

    Matter is being filed.


    ??

    My thoughts exactly Chicken.
    ToonRam
    ToonRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1962
    First ever game : Too small to remember...
    Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2017-07-21
    Points : 451
    Age : 58
    Location : The Toon

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by ToonRam Fri 02 Apr 2021, 5:52 pm

    Playerupdate wrote:Investigation complete.

    Nothing further we can do.

    Matter is being filed.

    Welcome Player update.. 🤔🤯
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 6038
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 8287
    Age : 73
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by SawleyRam Fri 02 Apr 2021, 10:40 pm

    ToonRam wrote:
    Playerupdate wrote:Investigation complete.

    Nothing further we can do.

    Matter is being filed.

    Welcome Player update.. 🤔🤯

    Joined April 1st, first post April 1st, what else was it on April 1st???.



    It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing.

    ToonRam likes this post

    ToonRam
    ToonRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1962
    First ever game : Too small to remember...
    Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2017-07-21
    Points : 451
    Age : 58
    Location : The Toon

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by ToonRam Sat 03 Apr 2021, 9:03 am

    SawleyRam wrote:
    ToonRam wrote:
    Playerupdate wrote:Investigation complete.

    Nothing further we can do.

    Matter is being filed.

    Welcome Player update.. 🤔🤯

    Joined April 1st, first post April 1st, what else was it on April 1st???.
    Oops, silly me...!!

    Sponsored content

    Ooops He's Done It Again Empty Re: Ooops He's Done It Again

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed 14 Apr 2021, 3:17 pm