COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

A friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

EFL Championship table

Fun Trivia Daily Quiz

Search Come On You Rams

spyglass Search Come On You Rams

We're done

New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 24434
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

We're done - Page 3 Empty Re: We're done

Post by New England Ram Sat 01 May 2021, 10:20 pm

I believe if Rotherham do not beat Luton on Tuesday they will lose at Cardiff and join us in going down when Bannan runs the show and Wednesday get beat and for the second season on the trot a Yorkshire team will be celebrating on our pitch with the last kick of the season . I nearly allowed myself to believe today for 60 minutes but didn’t . I do not care what people say I have made my peace with relegation I need to know our future is secure. I fear a lid is being kept on our fu**ed up situation off the pitch.

We're done - Page 3 Nersig10
    mcsilks
    mcsilks

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 796
    Registration date : 2016-08-14

Post by mcsilks Sun 02 May 2021, 12:14 am

Having watched both the Wednesday-Forest game and the Swansea-Derby game; I am even more confident that we will stay up.

Wednesday were second best against a very poor Forest side and never really looked like winning.
    I thought Derby played quite well against admittedly not a full strength Swansea side, but still a very decent side. We were the better team, but then we made the mistake of scoring.

I have maintained all season that we will struggle, but I still maintain that there are three sides that willl finish below us in the table come next Sunday.

If we do go down, so be it. It's not the end of the world and we will come back stronger.

ToonRam likes this post

bramhallram
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 4425
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram Sun 02 May 2021, 10:10 am

By my calculations our only threat is Rotherham. Even if Wycombe win their last game their goal difference would be worse than ours, but if Rotherham beat Luton on Tuesday they would go above us with one game to play. A scenario that doesn't bear thinking about.

I keep asking myself, how did it come to this ?

Bobbies Helmet
    Bobbies Helmet

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1884
    First ever game : Burnley away 1975
    Number of posts : 652
    Registration date : 2017-11-25

Post by Bobbies Helmet Sun 02 May 2021, 12:37 pm

bramhallram wrote:By my calculations our only threat is Rotherham. Even if Wycombe win their last game their goal difference would be worse than ours, but if Rotherham beat Luton on Tuesday they would go above us with one game to play. A scenario that doesn't bear thinking about.

The writings been the wall for years, Bram in fact i can pinpoint that September day in 2013 as the start of our decline.
    whilst Mr Morris was busy negiotating a take over, Sam Rush was sacking the Manager who was steadily building A decent team after years of getting rid of Billy Davis's and Paul Jewells crap, the team that reached the wembley final in 2013-14 was actually Nigel Cloughs team(apart from loans Bamford & Thorne). the season after Mel Morris had sole ownership of the club and thought to big to quickly going through managers and spending millions on at best average players the whole mess has been caused by alleged Rams fan, Mel Morris
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 17258
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster Sun 02 May 2021, 12:50 pm

Bobbies Helmet wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:By my calculations our only threat is Rotherham. Even if Wycombe win their last game their goal difference would be worse than ours, but if Rotherham beat Luton on Tuesday they would go above us with one game to play. A scenario that doesn't bear thinking about.

The writings been the wall for years, Bram in fact i can pinpoint that September day in 2013 as the start of our decline.
    whilst Mr Morris was busy  negiotating a take over, Sam Rush was sacking the Manager who was steadily building A decent team after years of getting rid of Billy Davis's and Paul Jewells crap, the team that reached the wembley final in 2013-14 was actually Nigel Cloughs team(apart from loans Bamford & Thorne). the season after Mel Morris had sole ownership of the club and thought to big to quickly going through managers and spending millions on at best average players the whole mess has been caused by alleged Rams fan, Mel Morris

Mel bought 22% of the shares in May 2014. It was September 2015 when he took sole ownership, not 2013.

Was Mel really negotiating a takeover in September of 2013?

Bobbies Helmet
    Bobbies Helmet

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1884
    First ever game : Burnley away 1975
    Number of posts : 652
    Registration date : 2017-11-25

Post by Bobbies Helmet Mon 03 May 2021, 12:21 pm

MadAmster wrote:
    Bobbies Helmet wrote:

whilst Mr Morris was busy  negiotating a take over, Sam Rush was sacking the Manager who was steadily building A decent team after years of getting rid of Billy Davis's and Paul Jewells crap, the team that reached the wembley final in 2013-14 was actually Nigel Cloughs team(apart from loans Bamford & Thorne). the season after Mel Morris had sole ownership of the club and thought to big to quickly going through managers and spending millions on at best average players the whole mess has been caused by alleged Rams fan, Mel Morris

Mel bought 22% of the shares in May 2014. It was September 2015 when he took sole ownership, not 2013.

My mistake, Ammy, but i still lie the blame with Morris
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster Mon 03 May 2021, 1:17 pm

Bobbies Helmet wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:
    Bobbies Helmet wrote:

Almost a quarter of a billion down the drain and a lot of mistakes in the mix as well. He has got some appointments wrong and spaffed money on players the Manager of the day wanted who proved to be garbage.

Poor decisions on the stream of new managers.

Wrong in trying to apply standard business management techniques to football management such as saddling Managers with Key Performance Indicators. Some were admirable such as using Academy products. Others such as "continuing to develop the playing style" are impossible shoehorn into a SMART KPI.

Mel gave it a go but has, in the end, not helped the cause.
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram Mon 03 May 2021, 2:13 pm

Bobbies Helmet wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:
    Bobbies Helmet wrote:

I will say what I’ve always said Bobbie.
    I think this goes even further back back as far as the 11pt season.
    Said at the time and I have never stopped believing the implications of that season would be far reaching. It scarred us as a club it scarred the fan base and the mentality of that fan base.
    Regardless of any semi successful seasons since the I still argue the scars of that season are deep.

MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster Tue 04 May 2021, 8:51 am

I'm Luton for a day, but only for a day, I'm sure they won't, I know they won't let Rotherham win away.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster Tue 04 May 2021, 3:00 pm

You might not know this fact but......................

...... should the worst happen and we end up in L1 after next weekend we will become the 5th successive club that Marshall has relegated with.
    ToonRam
    ToonRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1962
    First ever game : Too small to remember...
    Number of posts : 493
    Registration date : 2017-07-21

Post by ToonRam Tue 04 May 2021, 4:53 pm

MadAmster wrote:You might not know this fact but......................

...... should the worst happen and we end up in L1 after next weekend we will become the 5th successive club that Marshall has relegated with.
    Sell him to Notts Florist...!!!
    chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14814
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken Tue 04 May 2021, 9:16 pm

We are definitely done. There’s no way this useless bunch are up for a last match fight off!
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram Wed 05 May 2021, 12:13 am

chicken wrote:We are definitely done. There’s no way this useless bunch are up for a last match fight off!

Totally agree I think it will end in embarrassment and with Wednesday staying up.
    Absolutely zero confidence in this team have the ability or the bottle to get the job done.
    This prolonged melt down is worse than Forests last match meltdown last season.

mcsilks
    mcsilks

Post by mcsilks Wed 05 May 2021, 3:08 am

The Wednesday players haven't been paid for 2 months and are statistically the worst side in the Championship away from home.
    They were dire in their last outing against Forest and never looked like scoring.

We are in the box seat. I thought we have shown moments of hope in our last two games and although I may be clutching at straws, we have found the net in both games.

It's looking like we'll require a point. I hope Rooney doesn't set the team up to play for that point as this team cannot play on the back foot and we cannot assume that Rotherham won't pick up all 3 against Cardiff.

Just one more game to go and we can put this unusual season to bed and to the very backs of our minds.
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram Wed 05 May 2021, 4:12 am

mcsilks wrote:The Wednesday players haven't been paid for 2 months and are statistically the worst side in the Championship away from home.
    They were dire in their last outing against Forest and never looked like scoring.

We are in the box seat. I thought we have shown moments of hope in our last two games and although I may be clutching at straws, we have found the net in both games.

It's looking like we'll require a point. I hope Rooney doesn't set the team up to play for that point as this team cannot play on the back foot and we cannot assume that Rotherham won't pick up all 3 against Cardiff.

Just one more game to go and we can put this unusual season to bed and to the very backs of our minds.

You hit the nail on the head though Silks. I have no faith in Rooney or his staff setting us up correctly on the tactical front.
    I’m guessing they won’t know if to stick or twist attack or defend and we will end up doing neither just being a mess.
    On that front I would love to see left sided players playing on the left right sided players on the right. None of this cutting inside shi* where we constantly get crowded out or out muscled. Beat your man on the outside and get to the line and get the ball in.
    No fu**ing zonal marking pick your man and mark him.
    My fear is all the talk has been about Derby and Rotherham missing their opportunities to grab safety. I can see Wednesday getting one shot at safety and taking it sneaking in at the post with perfect timing leaving us and Rotherham with egg on our faces.

MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster Wed 05 May 2021, 7:11 am

... plus I bet they've got Barry Bannan wrapped up in cotton wool between now and Satdeh lunchtime. He is the one player they have that worries me.

I'd take a leaf out of Cloughie's playbook for this one. Put a player on Bannan. Knight possibly. Have him stay a yard away from Bannan and in a position to stop him getting the ball. It's a role BC played McGovern in against Best and Ball. It worked.
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram Wed 05 May 2021, 11:10 am

MadAmster wrote:... plus I bet they've got Barry Bannan wrapped up in cotton wool between now and Satdeh lunchtime. He is the one player they have that worries me.

I'd take a leaf out of Cloughie's playbook for this one. Put a player on Bannan. Knight possibly. Have him stay a yard away from Bannan and in a position to stop him getting the ball. It's a role BC played McGovern in against Best and Ball. It worked.

I said that elsewhere Knight follows him everywhere and we take our chances with the rest of them . My bet is Rooney does not man mark him.

Rowditch Ram
    Rowditch Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1976
    First ever game : Arsenal 1 Derby 3 1977
    Number of posts : 602
    Registration date : 2010-08-08

Post by Rowditch Ram Wed 05 May 2021, 5:57 pm

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to an exact replica of our last home game in 2015 when we lost 0-3 to Reading?

Expected to win easily and make the play offs, we disintegrated under pressure. The self destruct button was well and truly pressed - it was the worst possible feeling that night as the whole season went up in smoke.

I have a gut feeling that it will be the same scoreline and a total and utter embarrassment, as we surrender meekly to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday  Surrender

New England Ram likes this post

CornwallRam
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6828

Post by CornwallRam Wed 05 May 2021, 8:52 pm

I still don't think we'll go down. Rotherham won't win and Wednesday won't beat us.

My problem is that I'm not sure that avoiding relegation is what's best for the club. I can see Rooney staying and our owner (whoever it is) not being able to afford to sack him. I also think that Alonso is more likely to buy the club if we stay up, and my spider senses have him as the 4th Amigo.

I don't mind the idea of relegation as long as the club survives and it could be that magical reset. Maybe staying up would result the continuation of our current disaster and leave the club in a far more perilous place when we go down next season.

prideParkhead likes this post

New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram Thu 06 May 2021, 12:22 am

I’m not sure i have ever been so angry. I’ve witnessed it all. The demise from the greatness of the 70s . The dark days of the mid 80s relegation to the 3rd division the 11pt season. But never have I been more angry than I am this season. We shouldn’t be in this mess and by that I mean the mess on the pitch and off it. As this season has come to a conclusion I’ve come to think this current squad is gutless and characterless . No backbone what so ever. Off the field Morris should never have let us get to the state we currently find ourselves desperately looking for a buyer and surely closing in on administration or more. I hope there is a young version of Stuart Webb out there prepared to fight for our club because I fear we are desperately going to need it.

mcsilks
    mcsilks

Post by mcsilks Thu 06 May 2021, 12:59 am

It's incredible isn't it. I (and a few others) say all this as it's happening and get accused of negativity...having nothing good to say.
    Now, posters are coming out saying the same thing. Well, it's fine being wise after the event.

Rooney was always going to be a disastrous appointment.
    MM was always an incompetent fool who is utterly naive about on the pitch and off the pitch matters.
    Keogh was one of the few great things we had and oh...we fired him.

Bad decision after bad decision after bad decision.

A club run by crooks...the likes of Kirkland on the board...need I say more.

We are a national joke both on and off the pitch. I am actually embarrassed to be a fan of this once great club. The Forest fans must be laughing so hard at us and rightly so.

New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram Thu 06 May 2021, 1:06 am

Rowditch Ram wrote:Why do I get the feeling that this is going to an exact replica of our last home game in 2015 when we lost 0-3 to Reading?

Expected to win easily and make the play offs, we disintegrated under pressure. The self destruct button was well and truly pressed - it was the worst possible feeling that night as the whole season went up in smoke.

I have a gut feeling that it will be the same scoreline and a total and utter embarrassment, as we surrender meekly to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday  Surrender

The Reading scenario was the first thing that came to my mind mate when Saturday became the win or go home scenario .
    I think it plays out that way or Rotherham will be winning by one with 15 minutes to go when Cardiff pull them back. We will be all tied up and Wednesday will stun us with five minutes to go at which stage Rooney will bring on Max Bird.
    Last game we will drop into the bottom three at the wrong time and Wednesday will step out of it at the perfect time. Leaving us to face Rotherham twice next season a level down. If we have a club that is.

MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster Thu 06 May 2021, 6:34 am

Now reading reports that the deal is in jeopardy, Alonso struggling to come up with the cash and talking of "refinancing" Pride Park.
    mcsilks
    mcsilks

Post by mcsilks Thu 06 May 2021, 1:59 pm

MadAmster wrote:Now reading reports that the deal is in jeopardy, Alonso struggling to come up with the cash and talking of "refinancing" Pride Park.

On the contrary MAD, the talk coming from Alonso himself is all very positive.
    I like what he has to say.

On the claim he planned to refinance Pride Park, Alonso said: “No, no, no. I asked [for] two things, the debt on my name. What they want to do is put the stadium under my name, that’s all, because I can use that money to buy players.”
    Loughborough Ram
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 12251
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram Thu 06 May 2021, 7:46 pm

To explain further, he wants to take on and continue to pay the MSD loan that Mel took on the stadium. MSD have allegedly agreed however the EFL are insisting on the loan being cleared (surprise surprise, the EFL being difficult). Eric Alonso says that he could do that but would prefer to spend that money on buying players.

I'm surprised that the EFL have any authority to insist on the loan being repaid as part of a fit and proper person test but I guess we'll see how vindictive they want to be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 13 May 2021, 1:54 pm